Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Do keys matter?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Logan541 
#1 ·
So I have two keys for my car but I usually only drive with the same one. Now for the past two days I have been using the other one and have felt that the car feels stronger. Lightning fast shifts and response also feels a lot quicker. Also 0 to 60 in the track apps is a half second quicker consistently, not my fastest ever or anything but consistently faster if that makes sense (this is in hotter weather btw). Basically my question is does the key store any info on engine performance shift points etc that would make the car run better or am I just imagining things? Only reason I?m considering this is because I know they sell a track key for the GT as well as for a lot of other cars like the hellcat

#6 ·
Mykey is partially what I was thinking about too. Like maybe if one had been used as a mykey before it stored information to not let the car access the full power. That would reset I would assume though. If it was probably just me thinking the car was performing now better because of the key

#8 ·
What them colors for those stickers is the fastest?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.