Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Is coil over kit the right set up

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Voltwings 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 V6 coupe with auto tranny and OEM suspension. I was considering installing Eibach's Pro-Street-S Coil-Over kit and was wondering if it is the right set up for primarily street driving, an occasional autocross, and desire to lower for auto shows. In addition to this kit or another recommended kit what over suspension rated parts are required. As always, thanks for you time and feedback.

#2 ·
Research, research. I've read 'people love' them. I've read people saying they are 'too harsh for daily driving' and went with lowering springs and new shocks and struts. :)

#3 ·
So researching information on the internet it appears that progressive lowering springs is possibly the best option to go to keep somewhat OEM ride quality, a little better handling, and to be able to lower my stang. I would prefer to have it at the normal ride height when not in car shows or autocross events because I have a very steep driveway and currently must go very slow over such to avoid Borla exhaust tips and MMD front chin splitter from hitting. I have already bought some curb ramps that should prevent such issue with a lowered vehicle, but would be just a small pain to have to use every time I want to exit/enter my home's garage. Is there any other type of suspension system besides a coil over kit or air system that provides close to OEM ride quality, better handling, and allow lowering when desired?

#4 ·
Coilovers not needed unless you need adjustability. Good set of springs and shocks/struts are great if you just want better handling. Slammed cars with the tops of the wheels up in the wheel wells looks like the car has Down's Syndrome...

#5 ·
Coilovers under like $2000 are not worth getting for anything other than height adjustment.

1. Unless you're very serious about track or autox, there is not a large enough difference in performance between quality springs and dampers to justify the price of "entry level" coils *aside from ride height adjustability.*

2. If you just want to go do autox for fun, sure, knock yourself out. However, be aware of what class certain mods will put you in if you have hopes of being competitive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.