Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Exhaust Suggestions

Tags
exhaust
1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mariusvt 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I know I did an exhaust set up already on my car. (Currently running long tube headers, no cats, stock mid pipe and magnaflow street performance Mufflers) But recently I have had a citation for my car getting law enforcement attraction. ? So right now I'm trying to find out if you guys know axle backs that could quiet the car a little bit maybe even give it a deeper town. I just also wanna keep some performance with it.

#2 ·
You are going to get so many opinions here and they will be all over the map, as this thread confirms:
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f393/t404090/
The best you could do is try to contact a Mustang club near you and see when their car show is scheduled and go listen to their combinations.
Lacking that, go to an established muffler shop, describe to them what you are after, and see what they suggest. It very well could be a resonator here or bend there may help get you where you want to go as far as how your car sounds.
If it is so loud now that you are getting excessive noise tickets, you do need to do something to make your car a better member of civilization.

#3 ·
You are going to get so many opinions here and they will be all over the map, as this thread confirms:

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f393/t404090/

The best you could do is try to contact a Mustang club near you and see when their car show is scheduled and go listen to their combinations.

Lacking that, go to an established muffler shop, describe to them what you are after, and see what they suggest. It very well could be a resonator here or bend there may help get you where you want to go as far as how your car sounds.

If it is so loud now that you are getting excessive noise tickets, you do need to do something to make your car a better member of civilization.

Well it wasn't actually a noise complaint, it was just my car stuck out of a group and that's where they decided to get me for a ticket. My car was just the loudest so you can also hear whatever it's doing about 5 miles away.

#4 ·
If the Magnaflow Street Series are too loud for you, only thing left for you are GT500 or Borla Touring axle backs :)

#5 ·
Frpp touring also, but they are pretty much the same thing as the borla but smaller tips and price tag.

#10 ·
The second you went Long Tubes and Catless you made a it sound the way it does, Cop magnet.
You say you want to not loose any of the extra 7 HP you gained at 6000 RPM with the long tubes and catless I say go shorties and but the Stock Cats and resonators on it back on and get HP and torque in the actual RPM range you drive in. Just My Opinion :hide:

#11 ·
Yea, this is definitely the legal approach. These cars sound terrible (5.0's too) catless.

Otherwise you could get some high flow cats welded in and the biggest resonators you can fit welded in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.