Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Engine Temps

972 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Hawkstang 
#1 ·
So I remember my car used to run between 215F°-220F° and yesterday the cooling fan went out. I got if fixed along with a coolant flush but now I'm running between 219F°-227F°. Is this normal? If not then what could I do to fix this?

#2 ·
Its probably just the slightly different opening of the new thermostat if you put one in, or the difference in water:coolant ratio from what you used to have before. Just put in a 170F thermostat and change the fan settings too if you have a tuner. Even without the tuner, it will still run cooler when you're moving.

#3 ·
It's possible that there may be some air trapped in the cooling system. It will usually purge the air out of the system on it's own, over time.
You can speed the process along by running the engine through several cycles of the thermostat opening and closing, with the front of the car elevated on car ramps or jack stands.
Remember to check the coolant level once the car is back on level ground. And keep an eye on it for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.