Well, got a chance to give the new 2010 Mustang
a good once-over saturday so I figured I'd give my opinions.
- The V6 front bumper has a much better aesthetic look than the GT front bumper. Also, the GT front bumper is as low as a lowered SN95 car. I'm interested to see how this works out.
- There is way too much black plastic on this new car for me. Bottom of GT front bumper has "wings" on the bottom in black, down the sides of the car is black, and it seems the bottom 1/3 of the rear bumper is just black plastic. I guess I'm lost in the whole "slimming" the car.
- The halogen headlights look nearly identical to the Camaro headlights to me. I pointed this out to them and I was told the HIDs look totally different, however, they did not have a car with the HID option on the lot.
- They've actually somewhat designed a rear end on this car, much much better than the S197. It still seems like the whole setup is an afterthought right before production. I do, however, love the fact they come from the factory with sequentials.
- The lines on the side of this car are quite stunning to study. My first thought with it, however, is it will be a PITA to do any body work, including paintless dent removal. Over the rear wheel you have 3 different body lines meshing back into smooth sheetmetal. It is also missing the side scoops which should be an integral part of the vehicle.
- Onto the interior - Ford is finally starting to use some quality materials, I was quite impressed with the 3 cars I sat it and messed around with. One thing to note - there IS a trunk pop button inside the car. The bad part with this is it works no matter what gear you might be in and is located to the L of the shift bezel on the center console. I can see this getting pressed at times when you did not mean to.
- Also on the interior - the drink holders are a flashback to the 94-98 interior with a door that you flip up for two drink holders. Which, by the way, are located directly where your arm should sit for the shifter. When will Ford learn to put drink holders in the door like they do on their trucks?
More reviews to come in the future as I get a chance to test drive both the V6 and GT models and review the drivetrain as well as criteque the interior aesthetics further.
My challenge to everyone else is to get out there and check them out, should be hitting a lot near you very soon.