Exhaust Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
Region: California
Exhaust Help

First order of business with my 2010 is the exhaust. Anyone know how to get a V6 to sound like a true V8 or know a manufacturer that has a good exhuast system?

Magnaflow V6 dual exit exhaust sound too ricy for me lol

Vinstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin
Re: Exhaust Help

Well, to be honest, the v6 won't ever sound like a true v8. An even firing engine (which is what we have) won't allow for it. Though, I do agree with you about the magnaflows, I also think they sound too ricey.

-Pypes makes a decent sounding system/exhaust for the 4.0's.

-Ford Racing also makes a nice system, they're basically Borlas without the name stamped on the tips (so they're cheaper)...I've heard a lot of good things about this setup for the 05-09's, not sure if they're out for the 2010's yet.

-Dumped Flowmasters with longtubes don't sound too bad, but flowmasters are known to rust out after a little while.

All these manufacturers have a decent idle and don't get too high pitched above 2k. One way to help retain a deeper tone is to dump the exhaust either before the axle or after it. (Attach or weld a pipe that turns down towards the ground onto the muffler). It might look wierd though because the 2010's have that single cutout in the bumper.

I'd stay away from Magnaflow, SLP, and Spintech (just a personal opinion)
Magnaflows only sound good on v8's, SLP's belong on GM's, and Spintechs are wierd.

Hopefully this helps somewhat...I'd listen to sound/video clips and if possible listen to some in person (sometimes cameras don't do justice), then make a decision on which exhaust you want.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
Region: California
Re: Exhaust Help

Awesome, thanks for the response. Pypes and Ford Racing are mostly likely to take my money now. Ive seen vid's of Borla and Pypes and they sound better than other exhausts.
Vinstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT