Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Question for you guys with 2010's

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  V8Demon 
#1 ·
I'm purchasing the 2011 GT when it is released and wanted to see some numbers on mods...

For the 10's what kind of power do you get from: cams, intake, headers, x-pipe and cat back?

i'm planning on doing those mods to the 2011 but was just wondering what the numbers look like... also what about 0-60 time difference after the mods...

i'm a complete noob so please to rip me to shreds... i know thats what they would do on my old VW forum haha.

#2 ·
In my opinion, there should be no reason for all of that,right off the bat. Exhaust, and CAI, yea, probably not a bad idea....with a tune of course. But dropping a cam and intake on a BRAND NEW 5.0.....I'm sure will not only void the warranty, but may also not provide much more performance, if any.

#3 ·
One thing to consider is that number increases for the 2010's are not going to be the same for the 2011 considering it is a completely different motor. I'm not so sure how many cams are going to be available for the 2011 right off the bad either. Companies need time with the motor to find the specs that work for it before they can offer them up.

#4 ·
at the end of the day the 2011 is the better buy with 106 more hp stock and much more potential. The only down side is they have crappy pistons, not forged rods, and high compression so boost wont take well, maybe 10psi~

#5 ·
i understand that right off the bat that would be alot... but i won't have the cash for all of it off the bat. i will probably put the roush cat back on pretty much immediately... as for the rest it will take some time... and some hard work too...

can anybody give me the best brand or most favorable brand of aftermarket parts for the newer models? i've done some "youtubing" of exhausts and Roush was by far my favorite... but as for intake and i understand rods and pistons can be bought aftermarket... what would the expense of those and what gains would i achieve?

please excuse my "noob" questions haha.

#6 ·
It wont be cheap to build the motor at all, and also consider paying for the install... and the warranty will be voided if you do very much to it at all.

#9 ·
i don't feel like waiting for the 2012 lol. already waiting for the 2011... i rushed into my purchase of my GTI and ended up wanting the R32 after it was released 2 weeks later... so now i am going to wait for the return of sir coyote lol.

on a side note... how is the handling? i know i'm used to a euro tuner that handles like its on rails but i want to know what you guys think of your stangs :)

#10 ·
you will be surprised in how the newer 05+ mustangs handle, its quite well for the amount of weight they carry around.

#13 ·
dont get your hopes up for the 2011 yeah it is said to have 412hp but lets look at the camaro ss around the same hp but only takes the 2010 mustang gt by 1/10th of a second in the quarter i have beat 2010 camaros its all just in the driver really.

overall i would beat the 2011 mustang gt is running about the same as the camaro. so you might get a little more power but look at the problems in the past with the 5.0 crappy. the 4.6 has been around for some time so most if any problems have been fixed. the 5.0 hasent been around for years so everything is new to ford again and havent had time to work out the kinks.

in my opinion eaither get the 2010 gt or wait at least the 2012 so most engine problems are worked out.

As for the origional question with the mods you said it is hard to say depending on the money you want to throw out there i would say between 60hp to 150hp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.