2009 Ford Mustang Changes: What Would You Like To See? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2008, 03:06 AM   #106

Re: 2009 Ford Mustang Changes: What Would You Like To See?

...I forgot a few things!
Read 'bout guys here wanting some family car, and i don't really agree with 'em (except if it doesn't add more pounds and inches to the car and doesn't kill the balance). I'm more for a mid-front engine fastback rear wheel drive sized like an E46 coupé (or less if possible?) and sure weight less, no need for a big boot.
In my opinion, the actual car is too big (like a 5 series from BMW) with not enough power from 4.0l V6 and 4.6l V8 but if there was a choice to be made, shrink down and lighten the car first, we'll see with the power later.
And for the design, something like what Giugiaro did would be great (but again in a bit smaller size).
cbnfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnfs View Post
...I forgot a few things!
Read 'bout guys here wanting some family car, and i don't really agree with 'em (except if it doesn't add more pounds and inches to the car and doesn't kill the balance). I'm more for a mid-front engine fastback rear wheel drive sized like an E46 coupé (or less if possible?) and sure weight less, no need for a big boot.
In my opinion, the actual car is too big (like a 5 series from BMW) with not enough power from 4.0l V6 and 4.6l V8 but if there was a choice to be made, shrink down and lighten the car first, we'll see with the power later.
And for the design, something like what Giugiaro did would be great (but again in a bit smaller size).
I agree, when has the mustang ever been a family car?
It's a poor mans sports car thats what it should remain as.
It need more displacment and HP, the 2010 Camaro will have a base V8 with 400hp. and weight the same as the Mustang, the new Zeta Frame is lighter weight and stronger, the aussies did a great job with that design. that being said, the Camaro will be the same price as the Mustang because of the shared Zeta platform reducing costs. Don't think so? look at the Pontiac G8 GT, a Lux 4 door sedan starting out at 29K and fully loaded for 32K using the L76 DOD 6.0L V8 361hp engine. the Camaro will have a Tuned L76 with 400hp and still get 28mpg highway. it will have a 6 speed Auto and Manual trans avalable, 4 link IRS for better handling, Ect.. how can the current Mustang compete with this? answer.. it can't unless Ford gives the 2010 mustang More power, fresh look and better handling for a good price, it will loose once again to the Camaro. I for one will defect unless ford wakes up.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:23 AM   #108

Agree with you, 2K05GT.
But the mustang (OHC) won't need higher displacement to match camaro's (OHV). 4.6l DOHC is enough to get to a number close to 400. With 350-375hp, car would be great with a much lower weight.
cbnfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #109

Something I would really like to see is a convertible hardtop. Hate the look of the soft top with the top up. If they could find a way to reduce the weight, get rid of the back seat so you don't lose the trunk when the top is down (it's pretty much useless anyway unless the kids are back there) that would be something. Maybe that's an idea for 2011. I'd also like to see functional upper and lower scoops as an option. A larger rear end for that mean powerful look (similar to the new camaro). And a 6 speed 5.0 liter with 400 ponies of power to back it up.
deewaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #110

Region: Wisconsin

As I enter the market for a late model ('05-up) Mustang convertible, I would have hoped by now Ford would have added radio controls to the steering wheel, or as least a speed-sensitive volume control-sure would be a nice addition, especially for the convertibles!!

I took out a used '07 V6 convertible for a test drive to see if the V6 car would be a contender and it seemed to run out better than expected-surely not the V8 of a GT, but better than I anticipated.

Suprised me to see that the V6 cars do not have anti-lock brakes-you'd think that would be standard issue today.

Another area I feel Ford should have done (and could do in the future) is to have a dual exhaust system on the V6 cars, even if not technically a true dual system.

I also noticed on my test drive is that it appears that Ford still hasn't firmed up the chassis of the convertibles! On certain road surfaces, or crossing railroad tracks, the feeling is the same as I had with my '93 LX 5.0 ragtop until I added a k-member brace! Something that was so simple to add!

As others have mentioned too, I'd like the V8, but not necessarily not all of the GT package.

What I'd like to see is the return of the base or "LX" car-with a V8 option, with the Pony light bar in the grille (hold the lower body decals please).
rikstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT