V6 Coupe - Export to Germany - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #71
Blogger
Blogger

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73
Re: V6 Coupe - Export to Germany

Germany could be a fun road trip. Love this commercial.

rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #72
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

very nice, glad you got it finally
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #73
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf73 View Post
Germany could be a fun road trip. Love this commercial.

That's awesome and it's the truth.
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

rickf73: That commercial is bada$$!
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:50 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe

Hi, everybody, here is again Nicole from Germany!

I have some new pics for you: Slideshow bei imageloop.com

That was yesterday, and we had a meeting at a little Caste near Augsburg (30 miles away from Munich).

We were about 15 Stangs, most the newer ones, but also one or two old ones.

@ rickf73:
I know that commercial! It is funny!

Now I´ve already made about 2000 miles with my Stang, it is wonderful!
But I think I have to update the brakes, because they are a little bit weak. I drive on the "Autobahn" every day, and there ist no speed limit. My normal speed ist about 160 km/h (100 mi/h). If I have to brake down hard from this speed, it is dangerous, because the brakes of the most cars are stronger, and I don´t want to have an accident....

But that is the only problem I have, and it is easy to solve!
Intruder4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Intruder4711: And that lends all the creedence in the world to the commercial.. You are so lucky to have the Autobahn-wow! Very nice pictures. It's never ceased to amaze me- how "universal" the interest in America's little pony car is . It's a worldwide phenom!
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Hello, it is me again!

Last week-end I had a breakdown with my pony. At night I was driving on the “Autobahn”, and the car behind me has always flashed the lights at me. So I stopped to look what is wrong.
It was bad: I had behind no more lighting, no taillights, no license lamps.
The reason was, that the Parks lamps have caused a short circuit, and thereby the complete rear lighting was gone: taillights and license lamps.
So I have a question: the fuse 22 (Park lamps, license lamps) was broken, but is it right that then also the complete taillights can be offline? I have found no own fuse for the taillight, is there really only one fuse?
Is it really right, that I have absolutely no light at the back of the car, if such a thing insignificant like the park lamps has a short circuit?
And why does not the Boardcomputer warn me then?
Maybe somebody can explain me how the electrical system is built up, to avoid such a problem in the future!

Here is a new picture of my Pony!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schnee 01.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	22861  
Old 01-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder4711 View Post
Hello, it is me again!

Last week-end I had a breakdown with my pony. At night I was driving on the “Autobahn”, and the car behind me has always flashed the lights at me. So I stopped to look what is wrong.
It was bad: I had behind no more lighting, no taillights, no license lamps.
The reason was, that the Parks lamps have caused a short circuit, and thereby the complete rear lighting was gone: taillights and license lamps.
So I have a question: the fuse 22 (Park lamps, license lamps) was broken, but is it right that then also the complete taillights can be offline? I have found no own fuse for the taillight, is there really only one fuse?
Is it really right, that I have absolutely no light at the back of the car, if such a thing insignificant like the park lamps has a short circuit?
And why does not the Boardcomputer warn me then?
Maybe somebody can explain me how the electrical system is built up, to avoid such a problem in the future!

Here is a new picture of my Pony!
I haven't heard of any problems with the rear lighting. Have you replaced the fuse yet and did this solve the problem? It's possible that there is another fuse blown, I personally like to check all of the fuses when something is wrong, especially if one fuse doesn't fix the problem and it is likely a fuse problem.

Do your turn signals work? How about your stop/brake lamps? Does the third brake lamp light up when you step on the brake?

I believe the rear bulbs haven't changed from the previous generations. Basically the actual bulb has two or three circuits contained within itself, so that each bulb functions as parking lamps & stop lamps & turn signals. The bulbs should have multiple filaments inside the glass. It's possible that one circuit blows and the rest is fine.

Usually when you use your turn signals the "clicking" is much faster then usual and the indicator lamp flashes very fast when the turn signal lamps are blown. Is this happening as well? I don't know if the newer Mustangs have an actual "lamp is out" indicator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for your quick answer!

Yes, I replaced the fuse, but that didn´t work, because there was a short circuit with the Parks lamps, and the fuse was immediately blown again.
My garage found the short circuit, and after they had fixed it, and had replaced the fuse once again, all the lights worked again.
The turn signals always worked, and also the the stop/brake lamps.
The only problem was the short circuit of the park lamps, after fixing the problem everything was fine again, all the lamps worked.
And you are right, it is good to check all the fuses, and we did…but only the fuse for the park lamps / license lamps was blown.
But it is not funny, that a short circuit in the park lamps can cause a "total darkness"!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Did they give you any details on what the short was?

Also, feel free to start new threads! You don't always have to post in this one thread. Sometimes old threads become easily over looked and new threads tend to come up quicker.

I'm also sure being behind a car on such a major roadway as it suddenly gets very close to you can be quite disastrous, definitely not funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

They told me, the short was caused by water, but now they made a better isolation, so that no water can get in any longer. I hope so!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #82

Export to Lithuania was even more difficult to rwgister here i had to rebuild totally the wiring system and rear turn lights but now riding already
martynas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by martynas View Post
Export to Lithuania was even more difficult to rwgister here i had to rebuild totally the wiring system and rear turn lights but now riding already
Oh yes, I know these difficulties!
For the registration in Germany I also had to change the lights:
The parks lamps must be integrated into the headlights, and now the sidemarkers are only turn signals.
The backside brake lights have been separated from the turn signals. Additionally a rear fog lamp and a signal to show the use of the reverse gear (strong white light) had to be installed

Many technical changings to get a registration, but I think that is the same problem all over Europe!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT