If you could add one feature to the next generation mustang what would it be? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:54 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: If you could add one feature to the next generation mustang what would it be?

Would it matter that Mazda is a subsidiary of Ford?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #37

Re: If you could add one feature to the next generation mustang what would it be?

I do not if the company is making 'enough' money according to their perspective, and I do not know what does 'enough' means to you, but I see special editions sell pretty well and do provide respect and reputation to the brand as well. That's the reason why they will be selling a new Bullitt next year.
I know the RX-8 has a Wenkel engine, I was just thinking examples of foreign sports cars, most of them have smaller V6 or L4 engines compared to the 4.6L V8 of the Mustang. Those cars are the competition for the Mustang nowadays, since there is no Firebird or Camaro on the streets at the time. When it arrives, the new Camaro will be the direct competition for the mustang.
CarlosCCantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:38 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

Looks like it is a split decision. Some want a lighter, faster car while others want a heavier car with more creature comforts.

I would like to see the GT add a few more ponies under the hood and a 6-speed.
fear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosCCantu View Post
I'd like a Mustang beating easily all the V6-foreign-crap like the 350Z, RX-8, etc. A mustang more into the 400hp line.
18 inch wheels, performance packages, more options for interior colors... what else? carbon fiber or aluminum appearance packages for the interior.
Actually, the S197 GT's beat most of those foreign v6 cars you are referring to pretty easily in a straight line...which is all modern mustangs are really designed for, running a straight line...now running on a road course or autox, the rx-8's, 350z's,etc. are generally quicker, but thats why they are placed in a totally different class...but of course, if you take price into account, the mustang is significantly cheaper than those other vehicles as well, meanwhile, the mustang outsells those cars by quite a bit...if you want the mustang to be able to beat those cars in turning while making 400+ hp, it's going to cost much more, as witnessed by the Cobra models...which means insurance is going to go way up...now i do love the cobra models, but they aren't for everyone nor are they intended to be the mass production models of the mustang...if the mustang was solely a 35+K sports car and nothing else, that would go completely against everything the mustang stands for: "Good HP for CHEAP"...

and as far as those options you speak of for 18" wheels, performance, etc. all of those options are available on the 06 and 07 S197 Mustangs...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #40

Fill her up in the rear. Gas wise, i mean. It would be nice to drive up to ANY gas pump.
Moonlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to BGomez

That and one thing I looked for in mine, was a Trunk release button inside the car! Lazy but a feature they should add.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane- View Post
OHV motor

I mean, OHC works great if its a 4cyl honda that wants to rev to 8-9k but not for something like this that you would want gobs of low end up off idle torque, and spinning it to 6k or whatever still shouldnt be to big of a problem...but I doubt ford would put decent parts in it to do that.
Man the current Stangs have both OHV and OHC engines?
Snake 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

I'm with Riden when it comes to the interior, and it definitely needs a moonroof or t-tops.
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #44

less weight
make a supercharged engine an option available on regular GT's with 400-425 hp
bring back the 302 cubic inch displacement for GT's
also maybe some type of cylinder deactivation system for better mileage
03dsgcobranc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

A less cheesy interior.
Yeah I know that is part of the charm, but damn, at around 30 grand I start looking for a little more quality, and attention to details.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #46

Damn good looking avitar. Is it set up for combat course and if so who did the work?
What kind of groups do you shoot with it and how often do you shoot. I used to be a competition shooter and instructor back before my eyes got so bad. At one time I had 16 45acps set up for different kinds of shooting from NRA paper punching to bowling pin to combat to police qualification to just plinking. Since I can't see to shoot well any more I'm slowly selling off my guns and reloading supplies but I will always have a 45 around.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

I'd like to see better seats (more side support like in the SRT-8 dodges), maybe a targa roof and get rid of the back seat, it's pretty useless unless you are really small.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I think an interior like the interior of the 04-06 GTO. Realistically, the worst part about the back seat is getting out of it. Unless the front seat passenger and driver are both tall.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Waffle/pancake maker.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Snake 42, I`ve just turned 43 yrs old and had to get me a set of them there spectacles this past year, it helped my shooting, but now I`m worried that when I start hitting my "golden" years that it won`t be enough. Guess I`ll have to make hay while the sun is still shining.

I shoot IPSC, IDPA, PPC, Bullseye (occasionally), some silhouette, plus shooting plates at the gun club for fun.

The gun in the avatar is my personal favorite, it`s a Les Baer Concept III with a S&A magwell custom fitted by yours truly, plus I slapped a pair of tulip wood grips on it and lightend up the sear spring a hair to get about a 1 3/4 lb pull, still safe and reliable. I`ve been shooting competitively for about 15 years now, and love it just as much as when I started. With my reloads (Dillion square deal) it will shoot a ragged one holer off of sandbags if I`m having a good day. Les Baer claims it will shoot 1 1/2'' at 50 yds with a ransom rest, but I`d have to see it for myself to believe it.

I shoot this gun in IPSC , IDPA, and PPC (semi auto class) mostly.( yes I know that the trigger doesn`t make the weight for PPC, but I`m usually the only one shooting semi auto class anyway)

Sorry to hear of your eyes going south on you, at our club it is mostly the older generation that is showing up, I wish more young folks would take an active interest in this outstanding sport. It has to be at least as much fun as them video games.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #51

Things needed: IRS, 6 speed manual, 400HP, 19" wheels, glass roof, and seats with actual lateral support and suede inserts.

Things NOT needed: T-Tops, heated seats, and a navigation system.
Paul2001GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #52

Unhappy Re: If you could add one feature to the next generation mustang what would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVII View Post
Hey Snake 42, I`ve just turned 43 yrs old and had to get me a set of them there spectacles this past year, it helped my shooting, but now I`m worried that when I start hitting my "golden" years that it won`t be enough. Guess I`ll have to make hay while the sun is still shining.

I shoot IPSC, IDPA, PPC, Bullseye (occasionally), some silhouette, plus shooting plates at the gun club for fun.

The gun in the avatar is my personal favorite, it`s a Les Baer Concept III with a S&A magwell custom fitted by yours truly, plus I slapped a pair of tulip wood grips on it and lightend up the sear spring a hair to get about a 1 3/4 lb pull, still safe and reliable. I`ve been shooting competitively for about 15 years now, and love it just as much as when I started. With my reloads (Dillion square deal) it will shoot a ragged one holer off of sandbags if I`m having a good day. Les Baer claims it will shoot 1 1/2'' at 50 yds with a ransom rest, but I`d have to see it for myself to believe it.

I shoot this gun in IPSC , IDPA, and PPC (semi auto class) mostly.( yes I know that the trigger doesn`t make the weight for PPC, but I`m usually the only one shooting semi auto class anyway)

Sorry to hear of your eyes going south on you, at our club it is mostly the older generation that is showing up, I wish more young folks would take an active interest in this outstanding sport. It has to be at least as much fun as them video games.
Yeah, it's tough when your eyes start to go. I thought about going with a scoped pistol but they're not legal in a lot of classes. I'll turn 66 in January of 08 and have had no trouble with my eyes at all until 3 years ago when I had cat. surgery on my left eye. About 6 months after the surgery the implant fogged up and had to be repaired. After that I had a retina detach and three surgeries later they got the retina anchored but it left my eye with areas that I can't see through. Because of the strain of trying to make up for the weak eye the other eye had started to go. The Dr. said that I will probably never be completely blind but that was before I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes which has hastened the deterioration of my vision. I used to reload all my ammunition, do my own gunsmith work, and shoot Sporting clays, Trap, Skeet, Large and Smallbore rifle, Sniper Training, Paper Targets, Combat, Bowling Pins and Fast Draw. I've got literally hundreds of pieces of equipment for reloading, gunsmith tools, Targets, Powder, Primers, Bullets, Shot, Wads, Hulls, Cases, Shotguns, Rifles, Revolvers, Semi-autos, etc. If you know anyone in the game give them my name and tell them it's all for sale.
From now on I guess I'll just stick to cars and golf. I'm fair with cars but I'm not nearly as good at shooting golfs as I was at shooting other things.
By the way, I've also got two bows and some arrows and shop equipment for Archery that's for sale.

Snake 42
Old 11-29-2007, 05:32 AM   #53

T-tops for sure...
rear window wiper
digital speedometer
bigger fuel tank
performance package
HID headlights
put back the 5.0L engine
not so cheap looking head unit for the radio and doo dads
better transmission (although the transmission it has could be good enough im not that familiar with the new models)
and LIGHTER much much LIGHTER

95 mustang GT "Ellie"
fried_rice101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:05 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

T-tops for sure... - they would have to look good and I HIGHLY doubt they would
rear window wiper - they look stupid... sure they work but they ruin the clean look
digital speedometer - they dont work right when accelerating fast. I know on mine you can flip the readout to show digital if you wish
bigger fuel tank - might not be a bad idea
performance package - I wish they would other than just one little thing or so and from the factory not ford add on after the dealership gets it
HID headlights - they already offer this
put back the 5.0L engine - to old tech... wont happen. They may up the size (which they need to) but they wont go back to the same push rod tech
and LIGHTER much much LIGHTER - wont happen either... with all the crap they want to stick on it to help it sell and the regulations they have to meet... its gonna get worse if anything.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

T-tops and larger fuel tank will only make the car heavier.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGomez View Post
That and one thing I looked for in mine, was a Trunk release button inside the car! Lazy but a feature they should add.
Wait, you mean there is not one in the glove box?
Old 12-04-2007, 01:05 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I actually had to read the owners manual to figure there was no trunk release inside the vehicle. Have to use the key, or the remote to open it.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:47 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear1 View Post
I actually had to read the owners manual to figure there was no trunk release inside the vehicle. Have to use the key, or the remote to open it.
Well I use my key fob to open the trunk anyway. So, I guess it saves money on parts.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

That's true, but sometimes I head out in the garage to put something in the trunk and I rarely carry the keys. A little button in the glovebox would have been nice.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:25 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

what i would like stock on a 2010 mustang v6 would have to be duals, supercharger, nos and for the gt,s it would have to be 4 inch borla with long tube headers, nos 175 shot, fox lake motor, and a tunibleinduction system
cobraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #61
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

my wife's car does not have a key hole for the trunk. If the battery is down you basically dont open the trunk.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

fastback boss package mach 1 package with 5.0 fox lake motor kenne bell
Old 12-07-2007, 03:29 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I wanna see this in the V6 Mustang. The Duratec 35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdedMustangs.com
The all-aluminum 3.5L DOHC 24-valve V-6 sports a variety of enviormently friendly features to help obtain it’s ULEV-II and PZEV status. Current displacment is 3.5L (3496 cc/213 in³) with a 92.5 mm (3.6 in) bore and 86.7 mm (3.4 in) stroke, but can go as low as 3.0L or up to 4.0L. The larger bored Duratec 35 would be an ideal replacement for the existing SOHC 4.0L, currently found in the V6 Mustang. The 4 valves/per cylinder are actuated via DAMB (Direct Acting Mechanical Buckets), with intake varible camshaft timing, similar to that of the 3v 4.6L already present in the 05+ 3v Mustang GT’s. With a 10.3:1 compression ratio the SAE certified engine output is 265hp (198kw) and 250tq (339nm) utilizing 87 octane, which is 75.5hp per liter. Future plans of gasoline direct injection anticipate goals of 300hp, not to mention later turbocharging possibilities.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

i think the 3.5 will for sure make it's way to the base mustang. it will be the first time ever that this car has had a base model with respectable power. it makes 250hp now in the edge but i can see it matching or going above the 99-04 GT power. i have hopes that the 5.0 makes it's way back into the GT and i would love to see a twin force cobra. also i think putting a 6 speed standard on all models would be great and also a displacement on demand system to help out the mpg. oh yeah looked for the 4.0 to be phased out completely i hear the base motor in the next F150 will be a 3.7.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

stroker motor package and a supercharged stroker package
Old 01-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

less weight would be good, could be cool to see some of the new turbo engines in there.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:48 PM   #67

Region: New Jersey

in the new stang i'd like to see a more affordable shelby with a power increase worth the price.19more hp is not enough
V6:275HP
V8 GT:350HP
Shelby GT:425
Shelby GT500:500HP
Boss 302 :400HP
Boss 429: 550HP
EVILUTION GhosT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:25 AM   #68
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

thats to much crap... that wont sell (individually) good enough.

The v6 isnt bad where its at, it should get a bump to around 240hp though~
The base GT should be 375-400
The top of the line cobra 550.

The 400hp just isnt enough... the cobra has had 425hp since 03.. time to raise the bar (and lose the weight). They should do all this with a strict 3500lb coupe limit (on any of them). The displacment also needs to jump up with the base gt getting a 351ci motor~ the 281 needs to be retired.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

gears (4.10's) and a huge sunroof that won't leak! maybe a little boost in hp on the GT's??

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT ~Dominic~
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #70

Region: Maryland

I think stock GT's should have:

better, more racing style seats (the side bolsters make you feel like your in the seat)
a little stiffer suspension (i do like the live axle though, no IRS)
battery relocation to trunk
Darkhorse_MD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT