If you could add one feature to the next generation mustang what would it be? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
If you could add one feature to the next generation mustang what would it be?

By feature I do not mean a total redesign, I simply mean a feature that the current or previous mustang had/dont have that you would like to see. Examples of this would be.

Sunroof
HID lights
Folding Mirrors
Performance Package Group
Navigation system
Other things like this
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Re: If you could add one feature to the next generation mustang what would it be?

They should do T-tops again!!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Re: If you could add one feature to the next generation mustang what would it be?

T-Tops Hell Ya !!
Vortech or Paxton performance packages

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

Performance Package I think wins for me.

I also thought about many more appearance packages too.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:14 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

there wont be a blower on the regular cars lol.... at least pick something possible.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

t-tops

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #7
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
They should do T-tops again!!
I vote for T-Tops as well.

Ford if you have any common sense you will do this.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:32 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Why'd you have to ruin my dream Spector T-Tops then

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
Old 06-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Hmm... let's see... I dunno... maybe... a DIET!

At least 200 pounds off the GT. C'mon Ford, stop being little *****es.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise

T-tops are cool, but we've never seen a targa top Mustang from the factory.
I think that if they do one, it would be pretty simple to do the other.

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-

OHV motor

I mean, OHC works great if its a 4cyl honda that wants to rev to 8-9k but not for something like this that you would want gobs of low end up off idle torque, and spinning it to 6k or whatever still shouldnt be to big of a problem...but I doubt ford would put decent parts in it to do that.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
OHV motor
They could just buy a pile of LS2s from GM! That would be awesome!

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:12 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

I say a new body 400 lbs lighter than the factory one. Once the gas prices start increasing again and this whole retro look fad goes away the mustang will plummet in sales because it is to big, heavy and rather chunky looking!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

^ good, then I could get historic/collector tags easier
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Old 06-21-2006, 12:49 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
They could just buy a pile of LS2s from GM! That would be awesome!
fine by me, I like the LSx series motors, But I think my next car if I was to sell my fox would be a 3rd gen trans am. Or even a 78-80ish ones look good to me.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington

The new Mustang HAS to be lighter than the current model. They can definitely do this, but the low cost entry level Mustang may not be so low cost if they use advanced composite materials like they should. Then they should offer a different set or combinations of performance and appearance packages for both V6 and GT models. I think the aftermarket is taking away from a lot of revenue Ford could have if they just offered what most people wanted from the factory. Ford's stock product offerings are way too conservative for the type of car they want to market in the Mustang. Wake up, Ford!

For example:
Upgraded suspension packages
Different tunes for your liking, or even offer a tuner with the car.
Supercharger in all models/engines as an option.
"Street" body kits (they do it for Focus, why not Mustang?)
Intake/exhaust upgrade package.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:25 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I highly doubt you'll see an auto maker supplying a tuner with any car. Why? Because too many people would end up ****ing things up.

An optional supercharger is feaseable, but that's one of the benefits to buying a Cobra.... same with upgraded suspension and exhaust packages - although IMO they should offer things like the aftermarket Ford springs so that Mustang buyers can get rid of the 4x4 look before it even leaves the showroom floor.

Additional body kits are another feaseable, but the reason they offer them for the Focus' is because they're part of the tuner market and you see aftermarket body kits on tuner cars much more often than that of the V8 performance market.

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
Old 06-22-2006, 10:02 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I can see ford applying a performance package set, couple three different options. I could also see ford doing some wheel/tire options, but I dont see them doing a body kit upgrade as thats to much into the import scene and as you know they want to keep the mustang name pure so dont expect to see any body kits... maybe an appearance package that does a bit (nothing major though)

Nearly everyone buys the car and never touches it so these sorts of items would not be purchased very much probably~
Old 06-22-2006, 03:00 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I would like to see and interior luxery package.

Consisting of the following:

MUCH more adjustable seats.
A sunroof, or really even a moon roof. Of course I would prefer T-tops but...
Leather with fancy stitching.
Very nice floor matts.
35% tint.
Heated AND cooled seats.
Billet accents.
Something similar to the aluminum package, but maybe something else.
The package they had for the dash light adjustability, but place a few more locations to change throughout the entire interior and make them all connected to the change "doohickey".
And the feature some of the newer GM's have, where you set a mirror, seat, pedal, and wheel setting and it saves it, and all you have to do is put your key to which this is programed and it automatically sets it the way you have programed. THis can hold several settings so that other drivers do not have to readjust everything.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:30 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

a lot of really cool ideas... of course, I doubt they'll do ANY of them
Ford: always finding a way to disappoint

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

They should offer a weight loss program for the new stangs. If not, atleast have some sort of slimfast fuel additive. The vette'sare going down in weight and size a( the C6 vette has about a 3 inch smaller wheelbase than its predecessor) and the mustang is going up???? WTF?

FORD

Finding Other Reasons to Disasppoint
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:42 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

well they try not to pass on to much to the consumer so they can keep the gt "affordable" if you call 30k affordable....

but... if they would do packages then you could choose what you wanted and that would be your choice to pay. Just dont make them super expensive unless you get something nice out of it.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:22 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion

T-tops? That'll never happen, I hope, and that's more of a GM theme, I think. It makes me think of mullets and the 80s too much. I believe the mustang II tried the t-tops and maybe some other years, but I think um, NO! A sun/moon roof is a way better option. Also a better suspension would be nicer. Lower the thing down about an ich atleast and go back to the design were ALL the mustangs were "Max wired equipped" Meaning no matter what you style Mustang you had, you had everything right there waiting just to be hooked up.

But finally overall I would like to see a REAL muscle car engine in the new Mustang. Put a 351W in that bad boy with todays technology and I would almost guaruntee they would flock off the parking lots.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I bet it would be extremly hard to get a high power 351 to pass emission laws and what not N/A would take a 100% redesign and a ton of money. They dont need that to sell good (as you can see by the numbers) so they probably wont do it
Old 06-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Same could be said about throwing a big block into the new Stangs as well. Can you imagine a BB 428SCJ under the hood? Tell me the baby boombers who are snapping up all of these classics wouldn't drool over that.

Unfortunately, as Spector mentions, emissions standards these days won't allow for the production of anything even close to that, so it's left in the hands of the custom hot rod shops and the people living in areas that have no regulations for those kinds of things.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:54 PM   #26

Region: Michigan

T-tops, hell yeah!! I have a 87 gt w/tops I love the car!
drewmo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

turbo instead of a supercharger on the cobras.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Well I'm Just goin to be a girl on this one.... I wish the insides were nicer. Maybe they shold put navigational Sys in them or at least in some limited mustangs.... to make them look a little more lux like. I'm for the t-tops too.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:48 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

i think a 50 stroker package with a kenne bell with a 175 shot of zex nos package
cobraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

a diet. 500lbs, minimum loss
Old 09-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

A chooice of SRA or "GOOD" IRS...this way you have the pony cars for those who live for the 1/4-miles and the pony car for those who prefer the twisties...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:28 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraj View Post
i think a 50 stroker package with a kenne bell with a 175 shot of zex nos package
What No tuneableinduction

Quote:
Old 09-29-2007, 01:10 AM   #33

Smile Re: If you could add one feature to the next generation mustang what would it be?

I would like to see the Giugiaro concept going into production, but obviously with normal roof, trunk and doors. With a more powerful engine, about 350 to 400 hp.
Also, I would like to see a Mustang Cobra without the Shelby name on it and without stripes, like the '03-'04 model. Like two different models, one the Cobra and another one the GT 500.
The Giugiaro concept is so gorgeous I think it would be a crime not to put it into production.
Screaming yellow and grabber orange should be available at the same time, both are pretty colors. I don't know why one should exclude the other.
Special editions like the Mach 1 and Bullitt are also desirable and are always a success.
I'd like a Mustang beating easily all the V6-foreign-crap like the 350Z, RX-8, etc. A mustang more into the 400hp line.
18 inch wheels, performance packages, more options for interior colors... what else? carbon fiber or aluminum appearance packages for the interior.
CarlosCCantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #34

The current GT 500 is way too heavy
CarlosCCantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:19 AM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Hey carlos, I think you need to figure out what you're saying first.

For one thing, Ford is not making enough money off these special edition mustangs to continue making them.

Secondly, the Rx-8 is not a V6, it's a rotary and for some reason I don't see it in competition with mustangs.

Thirdly...what???
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT