New member - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
DStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 10
Talking New member

Hey all,here's my 2010 mustang gt.Glad to share mod ideas, more mods coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12321-albums734-5018.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	21862   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00430.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	368.4 KB
ID:	21863  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00425.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	21864  
DStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
meteorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,347
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: New member

welcome to the site! nice stang
__________________
In God We Trust. All Others Checked NCIC.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Blogger
Blogger
 
rickf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 479
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73
Re: New member

to the forum.
rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: New member

welcome to the site!
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: New member

welcome... sweet stang!
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14
Re: New member

Welcome! Great looking car.
UPRDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: New member




nice car. what plans do you have for it?
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: New member

Welcome and nice ride
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: New member

welcome

your 2010 GT = sexiness
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #10
Registered User
Newbie
 
DStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 10
Re: New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post



nice car. what plans do you have for it?
i was focusing on exterior too musch, but i did change the brake,suspension,catback exhaust, also a dyno tuning with 4.10 gear.soon i will work on CAI , coil paks, spark plug,throttle body, mid pipe , header. basically to have about 400rwhp before supercharging.reason is i'm a full time college student, I won't supercharge until i have chance to spend weeks on the track and 400 is very enough on the street.
DStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,292
Re: New member

Nice ride. Welcome to the site
__________________
03 GT Charcoal Silver Metallic - Stolen
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #12
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5
Re: New member

Hey man! Welcome to the site. Im also a new member too. I got the same kind you got but black. Except without the hood, but since my car got hailed on i will be getting the hood too. How do you like it?
lilriskky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #13
Registered User
Newbie
 
DStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 10
Re: New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilriskky View Post
Hey man! Welcome to the site. Im also a new member too. I got the same kind you got but black. Except without the hood, but since my car got hailed on i will be getting the hood too. How do you like it?
sounds great, this is the only hood i found avidliable for 2010s. also has a carbon fiber version. you may wonna check that out
DStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #14
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5
Re: New member

Its called the Venom Ram air hoold right? If you can maybe you can help me out upgrading my car too while you do urs. All i have done is lowered the car, added 1" wheel spacers (makes it look more aggressive and it also the wheels are flushed with the fenders) and blacked out my tail lights. Of course i wanna upgrade it too. I think my next step is either a clutch upgrade or exhaust upgrade, Dont know which one yet??? Any Ideas?

Alex
lilriskky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
Registered User
Newbie
 
DStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 10
Re: New member

ford mustang ram air heat extraction fiberglass hood
you can find the hood from this site .If you wanna change how your car looks, few bodykits and rims can help. upgrading the clutch is not nessary yet unless you plan to boost you stang seariously, spec clutches are good options.I personaly suggest go with exhaust first with some other basic mods like CAI, custom tuing.
DStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStang View Post
i was focusing on exterior too musch, but i did change the brake,suspension,catback exhaust, also a dyno tuning with 4.10 gear.soon i will work on CAI , coil paks, spark plug,throttle body, mid pipe , header. basically to have about 400rwhp before supercharging.reason is i'm a full time college student, I won't supercharge until i have chance to spend weeks on the track and 400 is very enough on the street.
i dont believe you will get anywhere close to 400rwhp with bolt-on mods. unless youre planning heads and cams as well. besides, 450rwhp is about the max for the stock internals.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #17
Registered User
Newbie
 
DStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 10
Re: New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
i dont believe you will get anywhere close to 400rwhp with bolt-on mods. unless youre planning heads and cams as well. besides, 450rwhp is about the max for the stock internals.
I totally agree with you. dyno shows my car 330rwhp,291 torque with only aftermarket exhaust and a custom tuning. midpipe ,header, CAI, throttle body, pulley, coil paks adds up to about 40 to 45 hp. agree? after all these i'll see what i can do more to get as close to 400 as possible.you are right though.I'm still new to mustang , thanks for helping
DStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: New member

Welcome to the site.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #19
Registered User
Newbie
 
edgar_220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 17
Re: New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStang View Post
Hey all,here's my 2010 mustang gt.Glad to share mod ideas, more mods coming soon.
AWESOME CAR i got the same one , 2010 GT , Sterling Gray...
If you have time check it out on youtube/volvo3231
my car only mod it has is Exhaust 409s Flowmasters...

Hey i got a Q what RPM does ur car idle on cold start?
edgar_220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #20
Registered User
Newbie
 
DStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 10
Re: New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar_220 View Post
AWESOME CAR i got the same one , 2010 GT , Sterling Gray...
If you have time check it out on youtube/volvo3231
my car only mod it has is Exhaust 409s Flowmasters...

Hey i got a Q what RPM does ur car idle on cold start?
nice car. i saw your post but can't help you with that, sorry
DStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Re: New member

Welcome *I'm new too!*

And I'm loving your stang!
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStang View Post
I totally agree with you. dyno shows my car 330rwhp,291 torque with only aftermarket exhaust and a custom tuning. midpipe ,header, CAI, throttle body, pulley, coil paks adds up to about 40 to 45 hp. agree? after all these i'll see what i can do more to get as close to 400 as possible.you are right though.I'm still new to mustang , thanks for helping
damn. 330 rwhp with just exhaust and a tune? are you sure that isnt base hp. if its a 5speed, itll lose at least 10-15%. so stock it should have 268-285rwhp(315bhp). thats at least a 45rwhp gain with just those mods. your model already has an upgraded cai from the factory so the gains wont be much from that.

the midpipe, headers, pulleys are a great idea though and should give another 20-25rwhp im guessing. you dont need coil packs at this point and i believe the stock throttle body is more than enough on any bolt-on car. not sure on the cai since yours already has the upgraded bullitt one. that new c&l intake manifold looks to be a good item to do and i believe i read a gain of 20hp or so somewhere. might wanna look into that.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #23
Registered User
Newbie
 
DStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 10
Re: New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
damn. 330 rwhp with just exhaust and a tune? are you sure that isnt base hp. if its a 5speed, itll lose at least 10-15%. so stock it should have 268-285rwhp(315bhp). thats at least a 45rwhp gain with just those mods. your model already has an upgraded cai from the factory so the gains wont be much from that.

the midpipe, headers, pulleys are a great idea though and should give another 20-25rwhp im guessing. you dont need coil packs at this point and i believe the stock throttle body is more than enough on any bolt-on car. not sure on the cai since yours already has the upgraded bullitt one. that new c&l intake manifold looks to be a good item to do and i believe i read a gain of 20hp or so somewhere. might wanna look into that.
I just ordered a C&L CAI and a bassni header today.Yes, i'm positive.It is RWHP.shows on the dyno sheet clearly.maybe i'm just lucky LOL.And you are right again haha, i talked to the engine guy, throttlebody and coil packs are useless .Also i ordered upper&lower control arms and a pan hand bar from UPR. So greatful for your help. thanks.
DStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStang View Post
I just ordered a C&L CAI and a bassni header today.Yes, i'm positive.It is RWHP.shows on the dyno sheet clearly.maybe i'm just lucky LOL.And you are right again haha, i talked to the engine guy, throttlebody and coil packs are useless .Also i ordered upper&lower control arms and a pan hand bar from UPR. So greatful for your help. thanks.
no problem. glad i could help
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
tigercrazy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 709
Re: New member

is your car slammed? bc in that second pic it looks really low, like airbag low. might just be an optical illusion tho
i love the car tho its awesome
and for a college kid your doing a lot of stuff lol
__________________

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #26
Registered User
Newbie
 
DStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 10
Re: New member

i lower ther car for 1". the side skirt is very low though.not a problem( so far) LOL
DStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
tigercrazy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 709
Re: New member

haha ok gotcha
__________________

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #28
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Region: California
Posts: 5
Re: New member

slick ride. Welcome aboard.
GrabberBleu213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Region: Other
Posts: 344
Re: New member

Welcome.. Looks great
zztop1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Herbstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Re: New member

Welcome To The Site
__________________

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Member From Pa 07 Sleeper New Member Introductions & Greetings 10 10-01-2009 05:34 PM
New member MistaG84 New Member Introductions & Greetings 14 02-06-2009 02:08 PM
New, but old member. matthews.stang New Member Introductions & Greetings 19 04-19-2007 11:52 PM
Yet another new member wthalliii New Member Introductions & Greetings 23 04-03-2007 09:30 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:30 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.