Delivered: 2011 Sterling Gray 5.0 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #36
Blogger
Blogger

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73
Re: Delivered: 2011 Sterling Gray 5.0

There is a shift light on mine that informs you when to shift for the best fuel economy. Usually wants to shift around 1700 rpms. It is nice but not sure if I would want something that made me shift that way. Some times I skip gears when shifting, accelerate in 1st and 2nd then to 4th or 5th because I am already at the speed limit.
rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Ken: Wow. This lends all the creedence in the world to-"read the manual"- and I know that my salesguy did a pretty good job. I am in car sales, myself-and I rate myself as pretty adept, and informative-it's going to be hard to have somebody that has been selling cars, for about a year, be as knowledgeable. I also used to sell Fords-and I would not have "skipped" talking about this feature. I will have to experiment with the shifting. I do know that using the new six speed-that it's "almost like" it is trying to "get you to do that shift"-from 1st to 4th. I would also say that this will probably be of benefit-with my 3:73s, as well.
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #38
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

On the f-bodies that came with that feature, you just took each gear above 3k before shifting...or maybe 3500...and it let you go 1-2-3-4 instead of forcing 1-4. It's probably the same on the mustangs.

The F-bodies had a shift bypass thing you could buy that over rode the system and let you shift anytime you wanted. If it's not computer controlled in the mustangs, then I'm sure another form of it will be created to remove this annoying feature.
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
On the f-bodies that came with that feature, you just took each gear above 3k before shifting...or maybe 3500...and it let you go 1-2-3-4 instead of forcing 1-4. It's probably the same on the mustangs.

The F-bodies had a shift bypass thing you could buy that over rode the system and let you shift anytime you wanted. If it's not computer controlled in the mustangs, then I'm sure another form of it will be created to remove this annoying feature.
On the Mustang it is determined by speed not RPMs. (Which makes no sense)
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I will be evaluating this "skip-shift" deal, and will post my findings/impression(s) here, after I 'test' it out-the next time I am in my car !
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
Old 08-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to MrTibbij

Congrats on the car man! Hope you enjoy it!
MrTibbij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Nice! I have the sterling gray too!! Great color!
stang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

"Skip Shift"-is probably 'not for me' . I'm just too used to shifting the gears, one at a time. I've tried doing the 17 m.p.h. 1st, to 4th-and it feels like the car "bogs" down(of course) . I think that this might possibly work "better" with some other ratio than 3:73s?
I appreciate all of the kudos and enthusiasm from members, too!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #44
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

How did we get to post number 43, well, 44 now, and still no pictures? Sheesh....you're slackin man.... lol
Old 08-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

let us know Jim what you think. I know that there is something coming out very soon to eliminate the skip shift like they did for the challengers.

The only reason i knew all this is because i was so dam excited about the 5.0 that i read a 13 page article in 5.0 ford mustang magazine lol when i read that i wasnt happy myself. but again with the 3:73 gears, it wont matter as much.

good luck bud.
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
let us know Jim what you think. I know that there is something coming out very soon to eliminate the skip shift like they did for the challengers.

The only reason i knew all this is because i was so dam excited about the 5.0 that i read a 13 page article in 5.0 ford mustang magazine lol when i read that i wasnt happy myself. but again with the 3:73 gears, it wont matter as much.

good luck bud.
Almost every car mag talked about it and was one of the new items Ford tried pushing but the 5.0 just overshadowed it.
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
How did we get to post number 43, well, 44 now, and still no pictures? Sheesh....you're slackin man.... lol
For reals! PICS!

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

ALL: pics posted, in other thread-also see my picture album!!!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:29 AM   #49
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
From another forum I'm on...one of the tuners/vendors posted this up. I knew it wouldn't take long.

Quote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that the skip shift feature can now be turned off and is now available in all of our 2011 Mustang GT tunes.

I'll be making a video today to show how it works.

If you have any other questions in the meantime please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared
Old 08-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

PureVenom:Thanks for that tidbit! I have been experimenting with the fact that I have he 3:73s, and the availability of the feature. I like starting out(just rolling) in second gear. The one kinda upshift "skip" that I have done is, 1st to 3rd..

Old 09-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit View Post
Gt.Vert: It appears-based on your signature-that you are mustangless?
yepp ..it was a sad day but actually happy cause of the forum members on here bought it from me...as of now im on legs but saving every dime for a 2004 cobra vert ..thats my dream mustang to have besides the gt500...but yea whens do i get tht ride ? lol
Gt.Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

nice, Congrats on your purchase drive it well first then look at mods.......

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

ALL: I hope everyone has seen my picture album, by now! Thanks to all-for the collective support and interest.
I also just found out that FRPP is selling a dealer installed Supercharger-for the 5.0-with several different HP/Tq, options.. !

Old 09-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Gt.Vert: it all sounds like it "worked out like it was suppose to".. I have owned two Terminator coupes. I hope you get the convertible, and be sure and keep all of us informed!

Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit View Post
Gt.Vert: it all sounds like it "worked out like it was suppose to".. I have owned two Terminator coupes. I hope you get the convertible, and be sure and keep all of us informed!
I would love to have one of those terminators. I heard they are just wicked....

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

The 2003-2004 Cobras are still a-w-e-s-o-m-e! I thoroughly enjoyed owning first-a brand new Dark Shadow Gray-and later a two owner Oxford White. Unfortunately, at least for me-the first car had paint issues(which I "exposed" in a car wash-poorly bonded paint on the composite hood, coming off in "chunks)The second car had a mysterious electrical gremlin, and I probably never should have purchased it-but could not "pull" myself away from the purchase. It had also been kinda dawged by it's young second owner.. The lower end of that 4.6, double overhead cammed, 32 valve, supercharged engine is still probably-in my humble opinion-the best/strongest, ever in a late model Ford product-not to take antything away from ? 19 months of R&D for the 5.0 Coyote..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT