Something trivial that I would like - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02
Something trivial that I would like

It's something that you guys probably think is trivial, but I would loveee to have an OUTSIDE temp. gage in the new stangs. Like my jeep, I really dep. on it, because we have such bad weather. That way I know when things are starting to freeze or if the roads are still ok,.....just a thought.
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise
Re: Something trivial that I would like

The new Stangs are heavy enough without all of the extra fancy electronics. Ford's taken a lot of heat over the weight of the new car, and I'd expect them to be putting money into going on a diet before they add more fancy stuff.

That's my $0.02 anyway.

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee

It probably wouldn't work right if they did put it in the car anyway. Like SilentNoise said I'd rather them concentrate on taking some things away.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Personally, if I want to know the temp outside I'll go to weather.com or drive by a bank.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Hmm...ok...you live in ohio. I used to live in NY by buffalo. Here is how we used to determine if the roads were freezing over or not. We asked ourselves these questions:

1.) Is today's date between October 1 and June 1? If yes, there is a good chance the roads could be freezing over at any second.

2.) When I walked to the car, did the snot freeze in my nose? If yes, the roads are freezing over.

3.) Have we received any snow/rain/ice in the last couple of hours or has it been warm enough to melt the existing snow and now it is cold enough to make me wear a jacket? If yes, there is a real good chance the roads are freezing over.

4.) Are the show plows out? If yes, the roads are frozen.

If you use those 4 basic questions, you should be able to determine with decent certainty whether the roads are frozen or not without adding luxury car items to a pony car. The only think the mustang needs is a big engine, a means of steering, a means of stopping, and some seats. Beyond that, keep that luxury stuff for the chargers of the world.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Hmm...ok...you live in ohio. I used to live in NY by buffalo. Here is how we used to determine if the roads were freezing over or not. We asked ourselves these questions:

1.) Is today's date between October 1 and June 1? If yes, there is a good chance the roads could be freezing over at any second.

2.) When I walked to the car, did the snot freeze in my nose? If yes, the roads are freezing over.

3.) Have we received any snow/rain/ice in the last couple of hours or has it been warm enough to melt the existing snow and now it is cold enough to make me wear a jacket? If yes, there is a real good chance the roads are freezing over.

4.) Are the show plows out? If yes, the roads are frozen.

If you use those 4 basic questions, you should be able to determine with decent certainty whether the roads are frozen or not without adding luxury car items to a pony car. The only think the mustang needs is a big engine, a means of steering, a means of stopping, and some seats. Beyond that, keep that luxury stuff for the chargers of the world.
hahah I go by those thinkings myself most of the time
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Come on your a farm girl !! Break out the duct tape and hook one up Have you never watched the Red Green Show

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Come on your a fram girl !! Break out the duct tape and hook one up Have you never watched the Red Green Show
That is an awesome show.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Come on your a farm girl !! Break out the duct tape and hook one up Have you never watched the Red Green Show
You guys get Red Green down there? Crazy. How about The Trailer Park Boys?

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #10
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Trailer Park Boys is on iTunes. Not sure about Regular *** TV

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know about NY, but here, the weather changes w/the lake effect in a matter of mins. It'll drop fifteen degrees in less than five. I don't feel like it's the big of a luxary. There are many many things i would like to change to my car, or the new one i hope to get. Like the fact that EVERY thing you have to buy feeds the after market....unlike the camaro......EVERYTHING. Why do we have to add c.a.i , superchargers,nitrous,gears all sorts of things to a 3 1/2 ton car? Because there are so many hard core mustang enthusiast that Ford knows, they will get bought. So my husband bought a brand new (when we graduated) 97 z27 ann. edition, white/orange stripes, beautiful. I hated it because it was a camaro, loved it because it was fast. It's sad that five years later, My car, isan't much more than that was. By keeping to the "original" and not dumping money in it to overhaul, yes we get to keep the heritage, no we get no more power. SO go ahead "humor" me, and my girlie luxeries, but eh....if those things will get new drivers in new stangs, and keep them selling why not?
Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

z28 * eck
Old 04-03-2007, 10:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Trailor Park Boys now thats the **** of a show, best thing that was tv that you canucks make

Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
Trailor Park Boys now thats the **** of a show, best thing that was tv that you canucks make

LOL. Ya, we don't even watch 97% of the crap made up here either.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

im sure they make kits to do it, probably not that hard to do~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickStang02 View Post
I don't know about NY, but here, the weather changes w/the lake effect in a matter of mins. It'll drop fifteen degrees in less than five. I don't feel like it's the big of a luxary. There are many many things i would like to change to my car, or the new one i hope to get. Like the fact that EVERY thing you have to buy feeds the after market....unlike the camaro......EVERYTHING. Why do we have to add c.a.i , superchargers,nitrous,gears all sorts of things to a 3 1/2 ton car? Because there are so many hard core mustang enthusiast that Ford knows, they will get bought. So my husband bought a brand new (when we graduated) 97 z27 ann. edition, white/orange stripes, beautiful. I hated it because it was a camaro, loved it because it was fast. It's sad that five years later, My car, isan't much more than that was. By keeping to the "original" and not dumping money in it to overhaul, yes we get to keep the heritage, no we get no more power. SO go ahead "humor" me, and my girlie luxeries, but eh....if those things will get new drivers in new stangs, and keep them selling why not?
For the record...since I didn't mention it before...I lived in the middle of both lake erie and lake ontario...this lake effect you speak of...I am very much familiar with.....and it was my primary motivation to move south...where the only lake effect I deal with here is some patchy fog once in a while.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

*pouting*

I want to move south too! We're like eskimo's here, two seasons, cold, and colder. It was 74 degr. yest. it's 36 at the moment, w/40 mph winds. And snowing. grrrrrr. Someone send me a ticket, I"m outta here
Old 04-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
*pouting*

I want to move south too! We're like eskimo's here, two seasons, cold, and colder. It was 74 degr. yest. it's 36 at the moment, w/40 mph winds. And snowing. grrrrrr. Someone send me a ticket, I"m outta here
That just might be a good possibility once you get those images scanned...all kinds of leghumpers on this site might take you up on that.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Trailor Park Boys I'm gonna have to look for that one

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Trailor Park Boys I'm gonna have to look for that one
you'll like it, has nothing but weed in it
Old 04-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
*pouting*

Like eskimos in Ohio? 2: LMAO!

Old 04-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

it's true, it was 23 and snowing here earlier... and yeah, we hit like 80 on Friday.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I'm in Cali, and I wouldn't mind having a temp gauge on my stang. I'm not sure why though?

I've seen many a race car (or wannabe race car) with gauges all over the dash, so why not an outside temp gauge? I can understand an oversized RPM gauge, but who the hell checks the water temp and oil pressure gauges when they're grinding out the gears in a race. My point is, if you're going to have 8 fkn gauges that are oversized and useless, why not one that is useful and integrated in the dash?

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Rollinthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Ummmmm....... water and oil pressure gauges are kind of big ones when you're talking about a daily driver - and that's what 85% (I'm guessing at that number) of Mustangs are.... daily drivers. Sure they may not move a whole very often, but when they do, you realize just how useful they can be. I know I'd like to have them there for any daily driver I ever own.

The oil pressure in particular can warn you of something seriously wrong with your oil system before your engine seizes up...... call me crazy, but that's kinda useful. I don't know when the outside tempurature guage did that kind of thing for me last.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNoise View Post

The oil pressure in particular can warn you of something seriously wrong with your oil system before your engine seizes up...... call me crazy, but that's kinda useful. I don't know when the outside tempurature guage did that kind of thing for me last.
You're crazy.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

LOL. I was waiting for it

Old 04-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #27

Send a message via Yahoo to Chris

I think that would be cool. I miss the one in my 2001 GMC Sierra.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #28

Some people can say what they want however, an outside temp gauge may be useful at the track, knowing that it was 72 and a high barometric temp would be useful if someone else was slightly faster and was a basic racer like yourself. If the forecast calls for no rain then the barometric pressure may be a little high or in the middle. If there is rain in the near future then maybe there is a low pressure system comming around. Denser air is good sometimes.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:43 PM   #29
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

But, what are you going to do with that knowledge if you had it at the track?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #30

You are right not many people are set up to understand or deal with that much information. If someone was though. I guess knowing it all before you left for the track may be helpful. But you are right.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

The only people I can seeing using or remotely needing that information have a team and sponsors and run from the 4' to the 6's. The other 99 percent of racer's probably don't use it that much.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Like the fact that EVERY thing you have to buy feeds the after market....unlike the camaro......EVERYTHING. Why do we have to add c.a.i , superchargers,nitrous,gears all sorts of things to a 3 1/2 ton car?

Two things.... Dam woman, how much junk is in your trunk to make your car a 3 and half ton mustang?

The second. You would be surprised about the aftermarket for the camaro's/ta's. Even though they don't make them anymore, there is still, to this day, new aftermarket parts coming out for them just like the mustang. The only reason the Camaro/TA got dropped from the lineup is that GM couldn't afford to keep it going and had raised prices to make up for the lack of sales. Not to mention that a like optioned mustang cost several thousands less, although slower stock for stock. Another reason is that when mommy and daddy went out to by they're son/daughter a new "sports car"(a v6 stang or camaro, no offense guys/gals) the stang was still thousands less. I don't like V'6 stangs and wouldn't own one, but if it weren't for the profit that they made FoMoCo, the GT's and SVT's wouldn't exist. GM couldn't sell enough sixxers to make enough profit to keep them running.

What were we talking about?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT