Whats the best way to keep leather looking new - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #1

Region: Maryland
Whats the best way to keep leather looking new

Hey guys first time mustang owner here. Also this is the first time I have had a car with leather interior. So my question how can I keep my leather looking like new? Also how often should I wipe it down or clean it since I am a newbie at this the more details the better. Thanks
SilverMDStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
Re: Whats the best way to keep leather looking new

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMDStang View Post
Hey guys first time mustang owner here. Also this is the first time I have had a car with leather interior. So my question how can I keep my leather looking like new? Also how often should I wipe it down or clean it since I am a newbie at this the more details the better. Thanks
Other than the obvious - keep the sun off them and try to keep the heat down inside the car on real hot days, regular cleaning and conditioning will keep them soft and crack-free. I've used lexol's products. Real good stuff

Murph's Glassback!
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

to Mustang Evolution

Many members here use Meguire's products and swear by them. Recently I used Surf City's Voodoo Blend Rejuvantor and was pretty happy with the results. It gave my seats a dark shine without that greasy feel and the stuff does smell pretty great (leather).

As for taking care of them, just wipre them down with regular car washers. I'd say every three months just take a wipe cloth and wipe them down (assuming you wash your car every three months). Protectant should be use once or twice a year usually.

Best bet is to check the back of the product you are using and see their recommendations for it. Some companies differ with their products.

I'm sure SpectorV and PureVenom will chime in and give better advice on when to maintain them - those guys, so I've heard, are crazy about keeping their cars clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

(Lexol)
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #5

Region: Maryland

Ive heard both lexol and meguires are good but my question is should I when I wipe down the seats to clean them should I give it some time and then condtion them as well? I have seen that meguires happens to have an all in one wipe.
SilverMDStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMDStang View Post
Ive heard both lexol and meguires are good but my question is should I when I wipe down the seats to clean them should I give it some time and then condtion them as well? I have seen that meguires happens to have an all in one wipe.
Nope, not necessary. When you use the conditioner, let it sit for half an hour before wiping them down. Allows the oils to soak into the leather.

Murph's Glassback!
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT