I want to dual out my exhaust on my '10 v6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #1

I want to dual out my exhaust on my '10 v6

I really want get a dual exhaust system for my 2010 v6 stang...I'm thinking of going with the newtakeoff.com true dual exhaust system since it comes with GT mufflers, and everything else needed to convert it and for really cheap...less then $400! Does anyone know of any better deals or similar? I've heard good things about these Newtakeoffs.

Anyone else know which ones would sound good and around the same price?

Also is anyone on here selling a GT rear valance? I need that dual cut out lol...let me know guys and girls, thank you
silverstang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: I want to dual out my exhaust on my '10 v6

i just did my 06 , was going to go with the NTO stuff but read alot of Bad reviews in the pypes stuff ,wich is what they use with the gt muffs , so i goth the Dynomax kit,all stainless steel ,was $419 free shipping from JEGS .... FIT PERFECT ,SOUNDS GREAt , NIce deep sound ,not to loud .... VERY noticeable improvement in Throttle response etc .... i posted pics on a thread on here a few weeks ago .... it up some more and added a little growl to the engine , all in all good additions to my car
since then i've added a set of shorty's ,witch also picked
Old 10-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde View Post
i just did my 06 , was going to go with the NTO stuff but read alot of Bad reviews in the pypes stuff ,wich is what they use with the gt muffs , so i goth the Dynomax kit,all stainless steel ,was $419 free shipping from JEGS .... FIT PERFECT ,SOUNDS GREAt , NIce deep sound ,not to loud .... VERY noticeable improvement in Throttle response etc .... i posted pics on a thread on here a few weeks ago .... it up some more and added a little growl to the engine , all in all good additions to my car
since then i've added a set of shorty's ,witch also picked
Wow really? I wonder if they fixed whatever issues they had now for the newer models. But, thanks for the feedback...any website or websites where you saw these reviews? Do you have any video clips of your exhaust?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

The issue is not the pypes parts in the NTO kit (X-pipe, over axle pipes) the complaint is the pypes mufflers with the kit that is offered by AM (lots of drone) The NTO kit has none with the GT mufflers.

Northern Virginia Mustang Club
Silver Mustang Registry #1045
2010 Brilliant Silver 4.0 V6 Traded and will be missed
2011 Performance White Premium GT 5.0 6MT, 19" Machined Wheels, 3.73 gears, GT500 Axle-Backs, Eibach Pro Springs, Dynojet #'s 387rwhp/380 tq.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
The issue is not the pypes parts in the NTO kit (X-pipe, over axle pipes) the complaint is the pypes mufflers with the kit that is offered by AM (lots of drone) The NTO kit has none with the GT mufflers.
Thanks for the clarification bro, thats why I needed you to respond since you have the NTO true duals. Problem solved lol
Old 10-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #6

Well I just called a local shop that I have gone to in the past 2 or 3 times and they told me it's a risk going dual because the fuel lines and gas tank are very close to the driver side where the piping would be added and he wouldn't recommend it. He said that was at least the issue with the 09's but he said he's almost sure with the 2010's as well???? He said he'll take a look at it for free, did you or anyone else run into this issue or is this even true? He said if there are no issues, he'll do it for $100
Old 10-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #7

should be straight forward simple..clamp and bolt in.. 100 bux sounds about right... bet you could do it yourself for allot less then that I would say 3-4 hours if your a newbie with common sense, probably have to change the rear under skirt to the cut out..these body styles are easy to work with from underneath... no drilling or nothing should be required... I wouldn't really recommend the gt mufflers though..
omahamustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Roush Performance Exhaust System For The 2011 Mustang V6
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahamustang View Post
should be straight forward simple..clamp and bolt in.. 100 bux sounds about right... bet you could do it yourself for allot less then that I would say 3-4 hours if your a newbie with common sense, probably have to change the rear under skirt to the cut out..these body styles are easy to work with from underneath... no drilling or nothing should be required... I wouldn't really recommend the gt mufflers though..
Why? What's wrong with the GT Mufflers?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Not really going to increase sound or pitch over a Stock GT sound.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Not really going to increase sound or pitch over a Stock GT sound.
Its a V6! It will never sound like a GT

Northern Virginia Mustang Club
Silver Mustang Registry #1045
2010 Brilliant Silver 4.0 V6 Traded and will be missed
2011 Performance White Premium GT 5.0 6MT, 19" Machined Wheels, 3.73 gears, GT500 Axle-Backs, Eibach Pro Springs, Dynojet #'s 387rwhp/380 tq.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
Its a V6! It will never sound like a GT
I know that ... I am just saying the GT mufflers are very restrictive and he will not gain much of any kind of noise factor in the vehicle with these mufflers. If he is going for looks GT mufflers are fine if he is going for Sound and looks then he should look into another muffler.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
I know that ... I am just saying the GT mufflers are very restrictive and he will not gain much of any kind of noise factor in the vehicle with these mufflers. If he is going for looks GT mufflers are fine if he is going for Sound and looks then he should look into another muffler.
Well Lone Star is right, that it's never going to sound like a GT, and you have your point as well and you're right. I do want my car to be louder but not to the point where it's going to draw the attention of cops. I've seen a video on youtube of the newtakeoffs true dual exhaust and it sounds pretty good to me...

But just out of curiousity what mufflers would u suggest then?
Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

Since it would be true duels"meaning two mufflers" I would put flowmaster 40 series mufflers on it. It wouldn't be loud at all because of the two instead of one. You would still have a nice deep tone. Also flowmasters cost around the same price as a stock GT muffler if you go OEM.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman View Post
Since it would be true duels"meaning two mufflers" I would put flowmaster 40 series mufflers on it. It wouldn't be loud at all because of the two instead of one. You would still have a nice deep tone. Also flowmasters cost around the same price as a stock GT muffler if you go OEM.
But, I keep hearing from around different forums that the flowmasters on the 2010 V6's sound crappy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust