Ricer flyby I needs driver mod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Ricer flyby I needs driver mod

Did I get a ricer flyby or what ?
On my way to work I see this 350Z ive seen before all agressive pulls up right on my bumper , I usually let him go as he always floors it at every light .
Black 350Z ,tint , coffee can exaust , stickers all down the window , those stickers are worth what 5 hp apiece . Anyhow I give him go - I launch - wheel spin 2nd gear wheel spin drat he pulled ahead - so I keep going catch up and pass - is he still racing - the catch up and pass seemed too easy oh yeah I forgot I have horsepower - so we get to the second light I repeat my same miserable shifting -I can't shift worth a #%&*, he gets the jump I catch up and pass hes at least a car length or more behind as we go through the yellow at the third light cars ahead so I let off and brake -so he flys past flashes the hazzards " I won , I won " arghhh If I had traction and could shift there would be no flybys.
LbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Ricer flyby I needs driver mod

Just give it time. I missed 3rd several times learning my car...once against a V6 car at a V6 shootout the first year I had it.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

It took me awhile to get used to shifting the new 5.0, now im chirping tires all the way to 5th. You almost have to feather it into 2nd and it took me some getting used to finding 3rd in a hurry. Getting into 3rd is totally different than the 07.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

yeah man if you can chirp 2,3,4 these 5.0s will really fly -does take a bit of practice to nail that though . I'm still gettin used to where third is I get stuck making sure to go to 3 not 5 .
Old 11-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

...and this lends even more creedence, to the idea, that the new six speed needs a short throw shifter, N-O-W !!!
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
Regular
Supporter

My trick to third is to go straight up where you think third is then pop it a little to the left real quick and bam there it is.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

05+ are harder to get into the right gear by far compared to previous years thanks to the linkage they use
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

thats funny , had a 350z race my Mach 1 back in the summer , only at first i didn't know we were racing . he pulls up to me and says i like your car ,so i say "thanks" and give him kuddo's on his ride ,then before i know it the light turns green and he hits it and gets the jump ,well only for a second ,i'm a gear bangin' bastard ,so i'm going sideways right by him in 2nd gear and smoke him .... at the next light he pulls up again ,and say's damn that car sounds awesome ,my reply: thanks , sorry i couldn't hear yours ,you were to far behind me .......
Old 11-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

"thats funny , had a 350z race my Mach 1 back in the summer , only at first i didn't know we were racing . he pulls up to me and says i like your car ,so i say "thanks" and give him kuddo's on his ride ,then before i know it the light turns green and he hits it and gets the jump ,well only for a second ,i'm a gear bangin' bastard ,so i'm going sideways right by him in 2nd gear and smoke him .... at the next light he pulls up again ,and say's damn that car sounds awesome ,my reply: thanks , sorry i couldn't hear yours ,you were to far behind me ......."

Okay...!! LMAO!
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
Old 11-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #10
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
05+ are harder to get into the right gear by far compared to previous years thanks to the linkage they use

Im gonna have to disagree Spec.I think the 05-09 were much easier to bang the gears in 100%. The 2011 was a little tricky to get in third at first but it was all a learning process.I had a hard time in my 99 Cobra with 3rd and it had a short shift.Plus,I was always have to lean forward out of the seat to reach for 3rd.I heard many a terminator owner complain about that same gear but I guess it is a driver deal also.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

lol...i can't stand it when ricers hit their flashers, even when I don't know that they are racing me. And even if I did know, I wouldn't race, I'm sorely dissapointed that my GT/V8 is slower than the new Mustang V6 (even though it's only got 6hp more). I don't think I'd race anyone until I get myself a Cobra...one day before I leave this earth. I will however race old beat up vehicles! lol.
Wolfsbain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

your GT is by no means slower than a 2011 v6 ?? 6 horse more maybe ,but you've got the torque !!! I've seen a few races on you tube already new v6 against stock 05-09 GT's and the GT's win everyone by about 1 1/2 to 2 car lengths , they pull the v6's right out of the hole ( that's the torque ) and the race is pretty even after that .........
Old 11-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde View Post
your GT is by no means slower than a 2011 v6 ?? 6 horse more maybe ,but you've got the torque !!! I've seen a few races on you tube already new v6 against stock 05-09 GT's and the GT's win everyone by about 1 1/2 to 2 car lengths , they pull the v6's right out of the hole ( that's the torque ) and the race is pretty even after that .........
Really?!?....I'm speechless (in a good way). Thank's for the pick me up!!! Still, eventually I would like to do some bolt on's.
Wolfsbain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
Regular
Supporter

Agreed that s197 will roast a 11 v6, noooooooooooooooo worries.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

It's more fun to sit there and watch em fly past you. The sound of a ricer is enough to me nauseated. I like pure American Muscle. Especially the ones in there 95 civics that are all rusted.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

..and for this Mustang owner, there will never be a way to have a "nice" exhaust 'note'-from a 4 banger(of course, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder..)

Old 12-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

rematch win .VS Same car same road 5.0 win . Man these cars are fast !
this time I dont spin on launch , but get sideways when I hit second
power out of that keep her high in the powerband 4.5-6.5 K rpm , that 350 Z does not stand a chance we pulls up to the next light and he rolls down the window and I get a big thumbs up he says " dude you were sidways , that car is Baaad ."

Not that I did'nt know this but these 2011 gt's are the real deal !
Old 12-29-2010, 07:40 AM   #18
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana

haha nice win.

learning the car is a big part of the process. haven't had enough driving time with my fox to learn the gears well enough yet. i'm also at that phase of getting stuck at third hoping i don't catch 5th instead. but it call comes with time and practice. once my fox is back on the road its learning time for me. hoping to eventually get her on the track.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

My neighbor hood has become infested with ricers..........
Old 12-29-2010, 07:42 AM   #20
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770 View Post
My neighbor hood has become infested with ricers..........
yuck!
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #21
Regular
Supporter

Once you learn to chirp out of that 2nd gear instead of going sideways it will be even better!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbarJ
rematch win .VS Same car same road 5.0 win . Man these cars are fast !
this time I dont spin on launch , but get sideways when I hit second
power out of that keep her high in the powerband 4.5-6.5 K rpm , that 350 Z does not stand a chance we pulls up to the next light and he rolls down the window and I get a big thumbs up he says " dude you were sidways , that car is Baaad ."

Not that I did'nt know this but these 2011 gt's are the real deal !
Did you have traction control off? When my traction is on I can't spin out only chirp it in every gear. When it's off it will spin and smoke light crazy!!!! I agree these 2011's are badass! Ford finally got it and made a true American muscle car with brains.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

@ DDTCM - yeah the sidways bit was a tad alarming lol I'm sure it looked totally badass to the other driver - too much fast and furious ya think ?

@ Gster - no actually I forgot to turn traction control off - traction control will not prevent the rear from getting squirrely apparently , traction control did not prevent me from getting a badass Ricer kill
Old 12-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

ahhhhhhh the ricers. Where do I start? First of all congrats LbarJ. Im sure you will smoke, destroy and punish many more ricers in the future.

As for my own little story, I have so many of them. But heres one from last Thursday night. So not sure if all of you know but I live in Queens, NY. I had to go out at night to take some pics for work, figured id do it late so there’s no one around. So at about 1030pm I go out. I get into the Geto neighborhood.

This Honda something or nother, I really couldn’t tell what it was, pulls up to me. He’s like nice ride, asked what year it was. I told him it’s a 05 v6. I said V6 and he’s like oh so I could smoke you. I really didn’t pay him much attention, especially since I couldn’t thanks to his disgusting high pitched exhaust system. So the light turns green and he Zooms off, making me sick to my stomach. I pull up to the next light and he’s like, oh I smoked you son! I started laughing; I said I didn’t even know we were going. So I kept my window down, stared straight at him, with a laugh and a smile, light turned green, I didn’t even look in front of me, I looked at him as I whipped by him so fast I almost couldn’t see him lol

At the next light, he said he wanted to go again, I laughed and said since I won by like 3 car lengths and I stopped trying after about 200 feet, I think the point has been made. And drove off.

This is just one example out of close to 30 lol I do give some cars there due props. I have raced a 350z with a HUGE turbo in it and we were on the highway. He dropped down a gear and man he was GONE!!!!!!!!
Also go smoked by a STI, gave him his due props.

"Muscle beats import every time! Every time!" Fast and furious
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #25
Regular
Supporter

I have spun and fishtailed from 2nd gear with and without traction control. You might want to learn to keep in under control on a closed or secluded road. Swinging the *** around can easily lead to losing control and causing damage to your new car,someone personal property or worse....a person or someone child.

Not being a dick buddy,its just accidents happen and you don't want yo deal with that for the rest of your life if something horrible happens.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
There a ton of ricers in Bloomington where I work, a couple of them are pretty BA they look sound and run really good! They left me a note to join their car club. I did look 'em up online, and they all are pretty nice and look the part. I met up with one of them and they were asking what I had under my hood, I was wondering where he was going with his questions and then finally he said "ok just check'n" he showed me this YouTube video and I couldn't do anything but laugh! Enjoy!

Nasty Bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Bite View Post
There a ton of ricers in Bloomington where I work, a couple of them are pretty BA they look sound and run really good! They left me a note to join their car club. I did look 'em up online, and they all are pretty nice and look the part. I met up with one of them and they were asking what I had under my hood, I was wondering where he was going with his questions and then finally he said "ok just check'n" he showed me this YouTube video and I couldn't do anything but laugh! Enjoy!

lol that video is retarted funny
Old 12-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

This video proves why a v8 is always better:
Old 12-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770 View Post
This video proves why a v8 is always better:
lol haha sad part is the ricer was really trying lol
Old 12-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Lol, with the top down and his arm around his girl, ouch!
Nasty Bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I think this is my favorite comedian:
Old 12-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #32
Regular
Supporter

This thread went so far off topic....
Old 12-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

@ DDTCM yeah I hear ya - the *** swing was probably not as dramatic as you may imagine but I sure dont want to cause any damage to others or my car . . That darn Z though I had to give him a go -
Old 01-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #34

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit View Post
..and for this Mustang owner, there will never be a way to have a "nice" exhaust 'note'-from a 4 banger(of course, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder..)
Maybe it's cuz I grew up around VW's but I love the sound of flat fours, another reason I like my WRX, make that one of the few reasons I still like my WRX . I know, not good old American V8, but a hell of alot better then the I4's with their fart can exhausts.
tc95050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #35

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbarJ View Post
Did I get a ricer flyby or what ?
On my way to work I see this 350Z ive seen before all agressive pulls up right on my bumper , I usually let him go as he always floors it at every light .
Black 350Z ,tint , coffee can exaust , stickers all down the window , those stickers are worth what 5 hp apiece . Anyhow I give him go - I launch - wheel spin 2nd gear wheel spin drat he pulled ahead - so I keep going catch up and pass - is he still racing - the catch up and pass seemed too easy oh yeah I forgot I have horsepower - so we get to the second light I repeat my same miserable shifting -I can't shift worth a #%&*, he gets the jump I catch up and pass hes at least a car length or more behind as we go through the yellow at the third light cars ahead so I let off and brake -so he flys past flashes the hazzards " I won , I won " arghhh If I had traction and could shift there would be no flybys.
And let him live in his glory of thinking he won, you'll get him. I sold those things for 2 years and would personally never buy one. Great family of engines, but it was made for a family sedan, not a sports car.

I was truly disappointed when I drove the 350Z when I first got my job there. Really don't understand why people think it's so great.

Get the traction and you'll make him look like just another F&F wannabe.
tc95050 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

« good deal? | HELP »