2011 mustang or 2011 challenger srt8 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #36
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: 2011 mustang or 2011 challenger srt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
I'd actually pick the camaro. After I grow out my mullet, start drinking pabst blue ribbon, sell my home, move into a trailer park, beat my wife and cut the sleeves off of all my shirts.
Fixed......
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Originally Posted by upton7
I'd actually pick the camaro. After I grow out my mullet, start drinking pabst blue ribbon, sell my home, move into a trailer park, beat my wife and cut the sleeves off of all my shirts.

upton i was born in augusta GA, you just discribed half my relatives lol except they own the trailer parks lol
and BY THE WAY whats wrong with pabst blue ribbon lmao
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
BY THE WAY whats wrong with pabst blue ribbon lmao
nothing if it is served at room temp or better !!
2011 5.0 GT Kona Blue 6MT 3:73 Brembo and a few other trinkets on her
Ordered 10/11/2010 Built 11/12/2010 held at ramp5P till 11/29/2010 Delivered 12/17/2010 Skip shift disabled 12/27/2010
Rodmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

This thread, "took a divergent turn"............
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #41
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7

upton i was born in augusta GA, you just discribed half my relatives lol except they own the trailer parks lol
and BY THE WAY whats wrong with pabst blue ribbon lmao
lol........Ken,upton didn't say that.....I changed his post,lol.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

@dan - lol lol sorry to upton lol
@Jim- bro how many threads always take like the weirdest twist lol it's what keeps me coming back for more lol
Old 12-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

watch lalayla's video it answers all ur question right their...and i think challengers r cool and all but they just arent as tech/performance advanced as mustangs are and one of my neighbors has an ss...it first off looks like crap and honestly its just not as much bang for ur buck
junoS197Bl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Juno I agree but that video which I've seen many times does not have the challenger I was looking to buy. I wanted to buy the new 6.4 393 hemi. It's a much improved car over it's predecessor. But I can't justify paying more for something that doesn't drive as well, isn't as mod friendly and has a ugly interior. U are sitting in the car and if u dint like ur gauges then it's just disappointing. That's what made me fall inlove with my car, the interior and the exterior. I remember driving it when I got it and being in bliss. Feeling like the coolest guy in the world lol it felt like a day dream.

And thanks to brent I now got to see even more awesome color options for 2012. Cant wait to order it!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Juno I agree but that video which I've seen many times does not have the challenger I was looking to buy. I wanted to buy the new 6.4 393 hemi. It's a much improved car over it's predecessor. But I can't justify paying more for something that doesn't drive as well, isn't as mod friendly and has a ugly interior. U are sitting in the car and if u dint like ur gauges then it's just disappointing. That's what made me fall inlove with my car, the interior and the exterior. I remember driving it when I got it and being in bliss. Feeling like the coolest guy in the world lol it felt like a day dream.

And thanks to brent I now got to see even more awesome color options for 2012. Cant wait to order it!
Definitely agree there are soo many options with a mustang...and I agree on all of the challengers I have seen the interiors looked crappy...like they almost went too retro with it if that makes sense.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by junoS197Bl08 View Post
Definitely agree there are soo many options with a mustang...and I agree on all of the challengers I have seen the interiors looked crappy...like they almost went too retro with it if that makes sense.
see to me it always looks like they decided to just not take the time and put in the effort in the challenger. its not hard to buildi a nice dash, **** ive seen fabricators build so many for custom cars that look ill. and that steering wheel looksl like it belongs on a wagon. lol they changed that this time too but what were they orginally thinking.

the truth is that the interior is an exact replica of the chrystler 300. They just didnt bother. and its sad.

so factor that in and it costs more then the stang and as somone earlier said that the navi is like an atari if the sync is a ps3.........i couldnt justify getting it based on everything except the interior. It a agrument i couldnt win with myself and you guys just helped me with that argument.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
see to me it always looks like they decided to just not take the time and put in the effort in the challenger. its not hard to buildi a nice dash, **** ive seen fabricators build so many for custom cars that look ill. and that steering wheel looksl like it belongs on a wagon. lol they changed that this time too but what were they orginally thinking.

the truth is that the interior is an exact replica of the chrystler 300. They just didnt bother. and its sad.

so factor that in and it costs more then the stang and as somone earlier said that the navi is like an atari if the sync is a ps3.........i couldnt justify getting it based on everything except the interior. It a agrument i couldnt win with myself and you guys just helped me with that argument.

hahahaha I laughed my *** off when I read the wagon wheel comment and the atari comment. +2 sir
Old 12-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #48

Ya I made the Atari comment. Like I said I owned one and can testify. But don't let the looks fool you. It is a quality interior just plain. Deff more drab, but stayed true to it's original days. I personally had no problem with it as I found it suited the car. But I do love the mustangs interior even if it's not quit as comfy.
sugarprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarprobe View Post
Ya I made the Atari comment. Like I said I owned one and can testify. But don't let the looks fool you. It is a quality interior just plain. Deff more drab, but stayed true to it's original days. I personally had no problem with it as I found it suited the car. But I do love the mustangs interior even if it's not quit as comfy.
i found my stang more comfy and im a BIG guy
Old 12-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #50

Quote:
i found my stang more comfy and im a BIG guy
Really? Well that's good. I do like the fighter plane cockpit feel. It is very comfy but I found the seats just a bit on the short side and I am only 5.8. Thats really bout it. Other than that it rawks
Old 12-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

hmm thats weird Ive never had a problem with the seat height and I'm 6'1"
Old 12-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by junoS197Bl08 View Post
hmm thats weird Ive never had a problem with the seat height and I'm 6'1"
Oh sorry I meant the actual seat area. The Chally was deep and seemed to support my legs a bit better. But only a couple inches.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm to each his own sugar. Lol
Old 12-16-2010, 01:59 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Ok negotiating 101 never buy new!!! Go used with low miles there is more profit for the dealer in used so they can come down more on the price and still make a profit. 2nd find out when there fiscal year end is, if they are publicly traded then they have to move the inventory off their lot to show the best profitability to their shareholders if you show up the last week before this date then chances are they might be willing to loose the car to you at cost in order to move inventory and make their books look better. Third only discuss price not the monthly payment, don't get stuck in that trap where they try to get tge payment where you want to spend but you end up paying more for the car. And lastly never mention your trade in until they give you the car for what you want it for, they will lower the price of the car knowing they will gouge you on your trade in so pretend you are doing a private sale or not selling at all then when you get the price you want locked in bring up the fact that you want to trade in and don't except less than Kelly bluebook for or else walk. Trust me after spending all that time on you they will usually bend.
GT1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:13 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1000 View Post
Ok negotiating 101 never buy new!!! Go used with low miles there is more profit for the dealer in used so they can come down more on the price and still make a profit. 2nd find out when there fiscal year end is, if they are publicly traded then they have to move the inventory off their lot to show the best profitability to their shareholders if you show up the last week before this date then chances are they might be willing to loose the car to you at cost in order to move inventory and make their books look better. Third only discuss price not the monthly payment, don't get stuck in that trap where they try to get tge payment where you want to spend but you end up paying more for the car. And lastly never mention your trade in until they give you the car for what you want it for, they will lower the price of the car knowing they will gouge you on your trade in so pretend you are doing a private sale or not selling at all then when you get the price you want locked in bring up the fact that you want to trade in and don't except less than Kelly bluebook for or else walk. Trust me after spending all that time on you they will usually bend.
all very solid advice. thank you.
i know its not on this thread but i think i mentioned why i have to buy a new car in my other thread. Basically it all has to do with the mrs. there are certain things and options that she wants, other wise its no deal for me.

she doesnt want to be looking for a new interior after we buy it and she doesnt want me to running down to a shop right after i buy it, except to tint and dyno tune. soooooooooooooooo hence the ordering of a 2012.
which hasnt happpend yet but atleast thanks to everyone here ive got the ball rolling.

but thank you for the solid advice. much appreciated. im sure somone else will read it and use it to their benifit.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #56

mustang hands down
Candyred2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 mustang