2012 mustang - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: 2012 mustang

Do what you want... but we'll always remind you "We told you so"

1 month and the car has body damage! (At fault or not) Anybody want to start a pot?
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #37
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: 2012 mustang

Enjoy the car but be safe.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit


Understand-that all of my experience-to you-was NOT in the form of any "put down" . I do know that your parents have indulged the heck outa ya with a Porsche? Sheesh .
I would go for the 2012 Boss 302. If you want to review niggling complaints from current `11 owners-check out my thread-regarding "pluses and minuses"-with the car(s).. Good luck.
Actually I enjoyed your post I realized you didn't mean to put me down, your post was one of the few productive posts
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend
Do what you want... but we'll always remind you "We told you so"

1 month and the car has body damage! (At fault or not) Anybody want to start a pot?
...uncool broseph
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2012 mustang

Hi just joined and am happy to be a part of this community. In regard to Colde what year and what model 911 did your father let you drive. I test drove a 2010 911 carerra S 385hp and in comparison the Mustang Gt 2011 and my current 2007 GT feels just as fast however the Mustangs are better balanced and safer to drive fast, however the live rear axle can be still a handful when the pavement gets wet. When driven in a civilized manner, the 2011 GT feels like an everyday car with decent power as though Ford made it that way in case grandma or grandpa wanted to drive it, my 2007 gt however is always like a race car because it has a CL racer intake, FFRP intake manifold aka the black lung, BBR stg1 cams, LM 62mm throttle body and magnaflow axle backs and an email tune. My 2007 feels faster than both 2011gt I test drove and is not forgiving, just the way I like it LOL. I would advise you if you do get a 2011 or 2012gt to have your parents remove those Pirelle p zero nero tires and get a set of higher grip and safer tires and have installed eibach swaybars as well as a set of BMR billet aluminum rear lower control arms this will make the 2012 gt more surefooted, and more stable+ safer to drive also will literally give you a 1g lateral car on corners. I know I've done it.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21
Well u say if ya want it get it. You know how responsible you are. My first bike was a gsxr 750, I wanted it and I got it. Just be aware they are fast cars and it is a lot of responsiblity. I probably wouldn't get a loaded one. Get what ya can, you only live once.
__________________
2004 Cobra...

Mods: Kenne Bell 2.2H, Fore return system, SCT tuned, 26 spline input shaft, and DSS Pro-level axles.

http://www.facebook.com/LangsStangs
lxlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2012 mustang

Oh I forgot , also Ford tends to put more emphasis on quality when it comes to their mustangs gts. The body doesn't rust as easily, my 2007 has exposed metal for months and no rust or rot has started. The paint is very, very durable, even compared to BMWs the GT drives similar, and looks just as good on the inside, at least for the 2011 GT California special I am trying to trade my 2007 for has a hot as hell carbonfibre dash interior that impresses me just as much as the 2008 M3 interior I sat in. Oh and stay away from convertibles the crash videos on those are horrible and life threatening in the way the A pillar (first pillar attached to the windshield where front door hinge is bolted to) and the windshield comes inward towards the head of the driver and front passenger as the center chassis curls and bellies like a weak bridge or an accordian.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colde View Post
...uncool broseph
Call it like you want. Your going to do what you likes and there will always be someone there to say "I told you so". I'm just making a point, we all have been there and we have all done what we could with our resources. Body damage will happen either through u or someone else. Your friends won't respect it as much as you. Plus a new car always seems like a target. Someone always hits me when I get a new car.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
jimbullit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 706
Re: 2012 mustang

"Someone always hits me when I get a new car."

OUCH!!


__________________
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit View Post
"Someone always hits me when I get a new car."

OUCH!!


bought a 95 ranger when I was 16 and I got hit in the school parking lot by a girl who backed into me in the 1st month of having it. Then 2 months later I got rear ended

bought my brothers 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and I got smoked on the right side a few weeks into it.

Bought a brand new 2007 (at the times) VW Jetta for my wife... in 1 week I got swipped in the front bumper by an old lady.

Bought my 01 Cobra, some dude bumped my bumper in traffic on the interstate (2 days after the purchase)

bought my 04 Cobra, my best friend backed into my taillight and bumper 6 days after I got it
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
junoS197Bl08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 533
Re: 2012 mustang

I mean if that what you wanna get then get its your choice and your money, u said u were playin devil's advocate, hell I wld be happy if you bought a GT and even with a V6 you wouldnt have a problem takin down a 1series even a 135, and I mean yeah 325's are nice but you ask 90% of the people who own a 325 anything about it and they wont know anything, they arent worth the money when nowadays you can get a 335 and tune it and get a supercharger and u r runnin m3 numbers.

Basically its whatever you wanna do, if u feel you wont be one of those kids who will end up on the nightly news my dad wouldn't let me get a German car and I'm really happy he didn't because I love my mustang. Plus if you are looking for reasons to tell your dad that you want a Mustang, one downside that all beamers have is maintenance. For example, when my uncle took his bmw into the dealer to get a new battery they were going to charge him $100 in just service fees two literally unscrew two wingnuts, b/c in his car the battery is in the trunk. Also, one of my friends who has a 3 series, only has 60,000 miles on it and has already had to replace his fuel pump and his front rotors, and the other day his service engine light came on as well. So theres some points if your parents ask you why not a BMW.

Anyways good look and sorry if I offended you before.
__________________
2008 V6 Windveil Blue with 5spd standard transmission-pony package, replica rims, shorty antenna
junoS197Bl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
jimbullit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 706
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
bought a 95 ranger when I was 16 and I got hit in the school parking lot by a girl who backed into me in the 1st month of having it. Then 2 months later I got rear ended

bought my brothers 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and I got smoked on the right side a few weeks into it.

Bought a brand new 2007 (at the times) VW Jetta for my wife... in 1 week I got swipped in the front bumper by an old lady.

Bought my 01 Cobra, some dude bumped my bumper in traffic on the interstate (2 days after the purchase)

bought my 04 Cobra, my best friend backed into my taillight and bumper 6 days after I got it
Wow. That's enough to make a guy reconsider, "what's the alternative to driving"?
__________________
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSPOR911
Hi just joined and am happy to be a part of this community. In regard to Colde what year and what model 911 did your father let you drive. I test drove a 2010 911 carerra S 385hp and in comparison the Mustang Gt 2011 and my current 2007 GT feels just as fast however the Mustangs are better balanced and safer to drive fast, however the live rear axle can be still a handful when the pavement gets wet. When driven in a civilized manner, the 2011 GT feels like an everyday car with decent power as though Ford made it that way in case grandma or grandpa wanted to drive it, my 2007 gt however is always like a race car because it has a CL racer intake, FFRP intake manifold aka the black lung, BBR stg1 cams, LM 62mm throttle body and magnaflow axle backs and an email tune. My 2007 feels faster than both 2011gt I test drove and is not forgiving, just the way I like it LOL. I would advise you if you do get a 2011 or 2012gt to have your parents remove those Pirelle p zero nero tires and get a set of higher grip and safer tires and have installed eibach swaybars as well as a set of BMR billet aluminum rear lower control arms this will make the 2012 gt more surefooted, and more stable+ safer to drive also will literally give you a 1g lateral car on corners. I know I've done it.
Carrera S cabriolet, 2005 996 I believe and I'm making the mustang order soon, black with grabber blue stripes
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:27 AM   #49
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Wow. Your parents must trust you and that's a great pick for a car. Be safe kid
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:17 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2012 mustang

WOW Colde, black with grabber blue stripes, Hmmmmm! that gives me an Idea on what to order when I get my new GT. However Colde are you sure this isn't a Shelby GT 500, and oh yeah you can always have a driver instructor give you some classes on a track, road course to really learn how to handle that car, and also Colde the 2011 GTs aren't Insane fast like say a Viper acr 10 or something. I personally think that stock 2011 Gts are still not scary enough for me and when I get one I might even supercharge it a year later, I already called FFRP about their stg 1 Whipple blower kit with 525 hp.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:14 AM   #51
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 839
Re: 2012 mustang

Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colde

Carrera S cabriolet, 2005 996 I believe and I'm making the mustang order soon, black with grabber blue stripes
They only make mustangs with black or white stripes for the 2012. Trust me, i just placed my order and was praying for lava red stripes. You can get them painted on later any color u want.
mylilpny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #53
Registered User
Newbie
 
Jameson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 16
A 16 year old has no business in one of the new 5.0 GTs. Furthermore, I wouldn't even put you in one of the new v6 mustangs now that they have over 300hp.

Your parents are either stupid or your worth more to them dead than alive (i.e. Life insurance) to buy you 400+ HP car for your first car.

I am 26 and have one of 2011 GTs, and I have done some stupid and dangerous **** in my car. I can't imagine what a 16 year old would do in that car. My first car was a Ford Ranger...guess what, it took a while but I totaled it when I was 18 driving like an idiot less than a quarter mile from my house. While the story is funny now, it wasn't at the time. My insurance sky rocketed so high that it cost about 400 per month just to insure me, that's about as much as a car payment...

Do your folks even understand how much the insurance on one of these cars will cost for a 16 yo male driver?

My suggestion for a 16 yo, buy a jeep wrangler. The ladies love them! You can take the back seat out and hang out with your lady friend. What y'all do from there is up to you...

I would also like to point out that it doesn't matter how "responsible" you believe you are. I'm sure you've seen the Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift (I know I hate to use this as an example). Peer pressure can be a real *****. Don't expect me or anyone else to believe that you aren't gonna punch it when that bright yellow Camaro SS pulls up next you reving their motor up.

I had a 3.8 GPA and graduated high school and started my first semester of college as a sophomore...I still got braver every time I took the same turn time after time. Finally after I got brave enough, I tried it fast enough to cause my Truck to severely understeer and I nailed a brick wall at about 50mph. When I regained consciousness, I got out of my Truck and it had already rolled backwards down a hill and hit three trees. I did a number on that that Ranger!

Most of these people on here are concerned about not only your safety but the safety of other drivers as well. Young drivers are so easily distracted nowadays with all the technology out there. But hontestly, I can't just harp on young drivers...I couldn't even keep a count of how many people I passed on my drive from Johnson City, TN to Chattanooga, TN that were texting and driving last weekend, which is retarded.

Once you get speed in your blood its hard to get it out...It's as addicting as a drug. Eventually though, it will catch up to you.
Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 105
Well put jameson. I can attest to that myself
mylilpny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Re: 2012 mustang

as i understand and appreciate the advice i have no love for speed... i lost a very close friend in a car accident and have no intentions of going the same way, I've had cars pull up and rev at me in the Porsche and Ive just waved them good bye as the blasted off, to each his own accident in a new car accident in a used car, accident in a honda civic is just a as possible and likely as an accident in a mustang im not a speed freak im just a mustang freak, in fact i asked for the v6 at first at my dad opted for the GT i am responsible and i will do everything in my power to keep myself safe the rest is out of my hands
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #56
Registered User
Newbie
 
Jameson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 16
One thing is true, your definitely 16 years old because your hard headed. I think I'll join in the "I told you so" pot...lol j/k.

But honestly, the GT is a great car you will love it. But let's be real for a second, one day your gonna get on that gas pedal. Whether it's cause you got a hot girl riding with you that want to impress, your pissed off about something, or whatever it maybe.

Or maybe you'll be like me and scare the **** out of yourself and decide not to do that again.

However you are wrong about the likelihood of having accident in the mustang versus a Honda civic, otherwise insurance on both cars would cost the same. I work with a lot of actuaries on a daily basis, and anyone of them would tell you that your chances of a wreck in the mustang are significantly higher than they would be in a vehicle like a civic.

No one cares what you've done with your dads Porsche. You'll be like any other guy that has testosterone (unless your a late bloomer and haven't hit puberty yet). You'll get braver and braver each time. We weren't born yesterday...
Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:52 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson
One thing is true, your definitely 16 years old because your hard headed. I think I'll join in the "I told you so" pot...lol j/k.

But honestly, the GT is a great car you will love it. But let's be real for a second, one day your gonna get on that gas pedal. Whether it's cause you got a hot girl riding with you that want to impress, your pissed off about something, or whatever it maybe.

Or maybe you'll be like me and scare the **** out of yourself and decide not to do that again.

However you are wrong about the likelihood of having accident in the mustang versus a Honda civic, otherwise insurance on both cars would cost the same. I work with a lot of actuaries on a daily basis, and anyone of them would tell you that your chances of a wreck in the mustang are significantly higher than they would be in a vehicle like a civic.

No one cares what you've done with your dads Porsche. You'll be like any other guy that has testosterone (unless your a late bloomer and haven't hit puberty yet). You'll get braver and braver each time. We weren't born yesterday...
I don't deny any of these charges I'm simply stating that If it will happen It will happen, I'll learn my lessons the best that i can another known fact about young people is that just because it happened to you doesn't mean I believe it can happen to me I know I'm far from invincible and all i can do is care for myself the best way I can this is the car I want and will enjoy my age has only to do with what might I do with my car and I'm sure plenty of older people here speed and have wrecked their cars the chances increase only because I'm young, but all I can do is promise to be as safe and as mature a driver as I Can be
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
A 16 year old has no business in one of the new 5.0 GTs. Furthermore, I wouldn't even put you in one of the new v6 mustangs now that they have over 300hp.

Your parents are either stupid or your worth more to them dead than alive (i.e. Life insurance) to buy you 400+ HP car for your first car.

I am 26 and have one of 2011 GTs, and I have done some stupid and dangerous **** in my car. I can't imagine what a 16 year old would do in that car. My first car was a Ford Ranger...guess what, it took a while but I totaled it when I was 18 driving like an idiot less than a quarter mile from my house. While the story is funny now, it wasn't at the time. My insurance sky rocketed so high that it cost about 400 per month just to insure me, that's about as much as a car payment...

Do your folks even understand how much the insurance on one of these cars will cost for a 16 yo male driver?

My suggestion for a 16 yo, buy a jeep wrangler. The ladies love them! You can take the back seat out and hang out with your lady friend. What y'all do from there is up to you...

I would also like to point out that it doesn't matter how "responsible" you believe you are. I'm sure you've seen the Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift (I know I hate to use this as an example). Peer pressure can be a real *****. Don't expect me or anyone else to believe that you aren't gonna punch it when that bright yellow Camaro SS pulls up next you reving their motor up.

I had a 3.8 GPA and graduated high school and started my first semester of college as a sophomore...I still got braver every time I took the same turn time after time. Finally after I got brave enough, I tried it fast enough to cause my Truck to severely understeer and I nailed a brick wall at about 50mph. When I regained consciousness, I got out of my Truck and it had already rolled backwards down a hill and hit three trees. I did a number on that that Ranger!

Most of these people on here are concerned about not only your safety but the safety of other drivers as well. Young drivers are so easily distracted nowadays with all the technology out there. But hontestly, I can't just harp on young drivers...I couldn't even keep a count of how many people I passed on my drive from Johnson City, TN to Chattanooga, TN that were texting and driving last weekend, which is retarded.

Once you get speed in your blood its hard to get it out...It's as addicting as a drug. Eventually though, it will catch up to you.
Jameson I don't think it it is wise to mention lady in back seat to a 16 year old.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2012 mustang

A 2011 gt with 3.55s and 87 octane should be just fine, the CS I just drove had just that and felt slow is hell. I don't think I got approved because of down payment and I am happy, because this means I can get a better one in the near future.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colde View Post
as i understand and appreciate the advice i have no love for speed... i lost a very close friend in a car accident and have no intentions of going the same way, I've had cars pull up and rev at me in the Porsche and Ive just waved them good bye as the blasted off, to each his own accident in a new car accident in a used car, accident in a honda civic is just a as possible and likely as an accident in a mustang im not a speed freak im just a mustang freak, in fact i asked for the v6 at first at my dad opted for the GT i am responsible and i will do everything in my power to keep myself safe the rest is out of my hands
Colde , here is the thing if you drove that 911 you mentioned and I have driven 1 as well, that car is more dangerous than the 2011 gt, even at 105mph I was kinda iffy about it loosing control where my s197 now handles that same stretch with the greatest of ease. However safer handling cars tempt you to go faster because there appears to be no danger, but then the danger is that by then you are going to fast to react to anything up ahead. I drove the v6 and it is slow is hell, doesn't at all feel like 300 hp. Or you can get the 2010 gt, it too has a v8, is a true GT and is not that fast, unless you mod it, and it still has the looks.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:11 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21
Dude if you want the car get it, it is a wonderful car, and you will be happy with it. You are probably a lot like me, so it is not going to matter what these people say, you are going to get what you want. Go get it and start having fun.
__________________
2004 Cobra...

Mods: Kenne Bell 2.2H, Fore return system, SCT tuned, 26 spline input shaft, and DSS Pro-level axles.

http://www.facebook.com/LangsStangs
lxlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #62
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: 2012 mustang

The GT is a great car. I test drove the 2011 GT/CS and it was AMAZING. I got my 04 V6 when i was 15 years old. Granted it isn't even close in comparison in HP to the new Mustangs, even in V6 form but we all get a little excited and test out the waters when we're young. My Mustang was my absolute dream car and at that point i didn't care V6 or V8-i just wanted a Mustang. I babied that car! My mom used to tell me i was going to wash the paint off of it. But even still, I had that heavy foot.

All in all, I would've been totally pissed if I was put in a Civic over my Mustang for my first car being that the Mustang was affordable. Insurance will be very high on a new Mustang, esp a new 5.0. But if it is all affordable i say go for it! I see idiots in Honda Civics and other beaters that drive just as stupid as need-for-speed idiots in Mustangs. If your dad trusts you to drive his Porsche, I'm sure you've proven maturity and responsibility to him.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #63
Registered User
Newbie
 
Jameson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSPOR911
Jameson I don't think it it is wise to mention lady in back seat to a 16 year old.
Yea your probably right. He claimed he was responsible, so perhaps they just cuddle back there. Sorry.

Colde

You will love the 5.0 though. Just promise you'll get a stickshift!
Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson

Yea your probably right. He claimed he was responsible, so perhaps they just cuddle back there. Sorry.

Colde

You will love the 5.0 though. Just promise you'll get a stickshift!
Wouldn't have it any other way :0 \m/
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
LbarJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Maryland
Posts: 112
Re: 2012 mustang

perhaps a Cobrajet would be better - these cars are very cool , but not street legal



Downs Ford Toms River NJ Ford Racing Parts Ford Motorsports
LbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: 2012 mustang

I dont know what to tell you kid. truth is your gonna get alot of people who are concerned about your safety because we have all been your age. and when we were your age we did stupid *** things. I remember making my car jump over a hill at 80 miles per hour lol my first car was a 87 nissan hatch back. freaken fred flinstone breaks lol

i guess if your driven a porce now, it wont make much diff if you get a mustang. just watch yourself.
most of all try to show the utmost respect for the car, your fist car is a car that alot of us work hard for most of our lives in order to afford one. Never take that for granted buddy.
good luck
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbarJ View Post
perhaps a Cobrajet would be better - these cars are very cool , but not street legal



Downs Ford Toms River NJ Ford Racing Parts Ford Motorsports
I saw a cobra jet at Tasca Ford in Rhode Island, the tech told me that thing puts out approx. 900 and change HP on a bad air day and approx. 1100 on a good air day, good luck with that car COLDE.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #68
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Your first car will always be one to remember. I woukd for sure get a muatang GT if I had the money. Your Dad is tryibg to tell you something by auggesting you get the GT. Nkt only are you doing this forj toursf, but you are doing this for your Dad.

BTW, I have the 2011 V6 and when I was 16 I had a 4 cylender 1982 mustang turbo. I intend on getting a GT in six years.
aberdeenmeadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberdeenmeadows
Your first car will always be one to remember. I woukd for sure get a muatang GT if I had the money. Your Dad is tryibg to tell you something by auggesting you get the GT. Nkt only are you doing this forj toursf, but you are doing this for your Dad.

BTW, I have the 2011 V6 and when I was 16 I had a 4 cylender 1982 mustang turbo. I intend on getting a GT in six years.
Were u drunk when u wrote that? Lol jk
mylilpny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #70
Registered User
Newbie
 
4 cruzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Region: Canada
Posts: 8
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colde View Post
I've driven since I was 13 I'm not from the states and I'm a responsible driver and this is the first car that's gonna be mine and I'm making the payments my parents are loaning me the money vs. Using a dealers financing and having crazy payments for this discussion could we look aside the age factor
What about the cost of insurance and ya, the attention you will get from cops ! Sorry can't support you better. Been through it all.
4 cruzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will The 2012 Boss Mustang Be Limited In Production? SpectorV General Mustang Discussion 39 02-03-2011 03:08 PM
2012 mustang gt The Darkside 2011-2014 Mustang GT 13 12-14-2010 03:33 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:19 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.