2012 mustang - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilpny

Were u drunk when u wrote that? Lol jk
Not, new android keyboard. Swipe instead of type.
aberdeenmeadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 AM   #72

Region: North Carolina
Well I'm gona support you in your new mustang decision. I am too a 16 year old and I got lucky because my dad got me a 07 roush mustang. It's not new like what you will have but it is a roush with over 430+ horsepower so I have no reason to complain, plus it was basically new with only 3 thousand miles. Up to know I have no tickets or wrecked and knock on wood that I won't either. I won't lie, I have done some dumb stuff but I have always maintained control of myself and have actually matured a lot because its a big responsibility to handle a car like this.

I hope you get a nice car and post pictures of it when you get it. I would recommend a roush but they are over 50 thousand new and with over 500 horsepower, so what ever your dad wants to get you. Plus a roush keeps it's value a little longer than a regular GT.

I do have a couple things I wanna tell you though since we relate in age and car preferences; don't listen to your friends when they say burn them or let then drive it because all they'll do is get you into trouble and watch out with cops because they tend to not like it when a teenager has a nice car if you know what I mean. Oh and almost forgot, insurance is expensive as hell. Don't wanna say how much but your gona be paying over 1000 for sure cause it's a 2012.
Roush427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:59 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Get the car and insurance under your dads name, and tell him to put you under his policy. Im 20 and the insurance for my 2012 would have been $8000 a year. Which would have cost me as much as the car a month. Under my dads name it dropped to $2280. For a 16 year old it will be much much higher. But i live in new york so its a lot more expensive here. But money doesnt sound like that much of an issue for you colde lol.
mylilpny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #74
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roush427r View Post
Well I'm gona support you in your new mustang decision. I am too a 16 year old and I got lucky because my dad got me a 07 roush mustang. It's not new like what you will have but it is a roush with over 430+ horsepower so I have no reason to complain, plus it was basically new with only 3 thousand miles. Up to know I have no tickets or wrecked and knock on wood that I won't either. I won't lie, I have done some dumb stuff but I have always maintained control of myself and have actually matured a lot because its a big responsibility to handle a car like this.

I hope you get a nice car and post pictures of it when you get it. I would recommend a roush but they are over 50 thousand new and with over 500 horsepower, so what ever your dad wants to get you. Plus a roush keeps it's value a little longer than a regular GT.

I do have a couple things I wanna tell you though since we relate in age and car preferences; don't listen to your friends when they say burn them or let then drive it because all they'll do us get you into trouble and watch out with cops because they tend to not like it when a teenager has a nice car if you know what I mean. Oh and almost forgot, insurance is expensive as hell. Don't wanna say how much but your gona be paying over 1000 for sure cause it's a 2012.
I don't even wan't to know your insurance. I'm sixteen and for a 93 convertible four cylinder its 1,000 a year for liability only....
Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:

I do have a couple things I wanna tell you though since we relate in age and car preferences; don't listen to your friends when they say burn them or let then drive it because all they'll do us get you into trouble and watch out with cops because they tend to not like it when a teenager has a nice car if you know what I mean. Oh and almost forgot, insurance is expensive as hell. Don't wanna say how much but your gona be paying over 1000 for sure cause it's a 2012.
what did i do wrong that my parents gave me a 87 nissan sentra hach back??
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:52 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:

`And this is the best advice for you so far-from a same age peer...
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:48 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit View Post
`And this is the best advice for you so far-from a same age peer...
yeah that it is. I like that he atleast admits to doing stupid stuff and how big a responsibity the car is.
your always gonna get the idots who tell you to do burn outs. man i still get idots like that lol
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

yeah that it is. I like that he atleast admits to doing stupid stuff and how big a responsibity the car is.
your always gonna get the idots who tell you to do burn outs. man i still get idots like that lol
I don't know how to burn out >.> lol p.s happy new years eve everybody I'm ordering my 2012 Stang January 19 because it's when my next report card is :3 but the policy will be under my dads name, there's a difference between spending money and wasting it xD but yeah I seriously don't know how to burnout wasn't in the Florida drivers hand book xD
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #79
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colde View Post
I don't know how to burn out >.> lol p.s happy new years eve everybody I'm ordering my 2012 Stang January 19 because it's when my next report card is :3 but the policy will be under my dads name, there's a difference between spending money and wasting it xD but yeah I seriously don't know how to burnout wasn't in the Florida drivers hand book xD
My policy's under my dad's name to put you still have to put down who is going to be driving it, and that gets expensive..... My liability only on my fox is 1,000 a year

P.S.- I'm sixteen as well
Old 12-31-2010, 02:41 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770

My policy's under my dad's name to put you still have to put down who is going to be driving it, and that gets expensive..... My liability only on my fox is 1,000 a year

P.S.- I'm sixteen as well
Yea I know it's gonna be a ton I'm working part time to help cover the insurance policy
Old 12-31-2010, 05:01 PM   #81
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Yea I know it's gonna be a ton I'm working part time to help cover the insurance policy
I don't even have a job, my dad just is being really nice Although he did say I'll have to start paying for it eventually, so I guess I'll have to find a job...
Old 01-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colde

Mine is under my dads name too and it's over a thousand and under the insurance policy it shows up as a regular 07 GT and not a roush. When I was put in the policy it went up a whole thousand compared to if it was just my parents driving it. Just imagine if it wasn't under our dads.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #83

Quote:

Haha, I was the same when I got mine and then I learned from a friend (don't listen to friends cause it only brings trouble). That's when things got bad cause burning out gets addicting and I live in a small town so it's dangerous cause cops having nothing much to do but look for teenagers acting reckless, which is why I stopped.

The first way I learned was by putting the clutch in, giving it gas, then dropping the clutch. I've gotten better at it but don't do it any more.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #84

Region: Canada

Quote:
Haha, I was the same when I got mine and then I learned from a friend (don't listen to friends cause it only brings trouble). That's when things got bad cause burning out gets addicting and I live in a small town so it's dangerous cause cops having nothing much to do but look for teenagers acting reckless, which is why I stopped.

The first way I learned was by putting the clutch in, giving it gas, then dropping the clutch. I've gotten better at it but don't do it any more.
Sounds like your car has also matured you somewhat. Good advice you are offering, I hope he listens we have all done stupid things.
4 cruzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #85

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Burn Out Step 1: Examine area for cops.*
Step 2: Pop the Clutch
Step 3: Hold on tight
Step 4: Clean the poop out your seat.

*Step 1 assumes you have already turned off the traction control and have buckled your seat belt.
Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #86

Colde,

Once you get your mustang, I would recommend that you join a local SCCA chapter and take it out for some Autocrossing. I really believe that AutoXing makes you a better driver because you become more comfortable while your pushing the car to its limits. Better to be comfortable and relaxed while driving aggressive or spirited rather than putting your self in a panic mode.

Which wheels you going to get?
Old 01-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson
Colde,

Once you get your mustang, I would recommend that you join a local SCCA chapter and take it out for some Autocrossing. I really believe that AutoXing makes you a better driver because you become more comfortable while your pushing the car to its limits. Better to be comfortable and relaxed while driving aggressive or spirited rather than putting your self in a panic mode.

I'm getting the brembo brake package comes with pirelli pZeros max performance summer I believe o-0
Old 01-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #88

Quote:

I'm getting the brembo brake package comes with pirelli pZeros max performance summer I believe o-0
Those wheels that come with the brembos are the best looking rims that you can get, with the exception of the rims that come on the gt500, IMO.

I've got the 19 inch 5 spokes wrapped with the pirelli pzeros. These tires are real expensive, but that stick to the road really well!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Those wheels that come with the brembos are the best looking rims that you can get, with the exception of the rims that come on the gt500, IMO.

I've got the 19 inch 5 spokes wrapped with the pirelli pzeros. These tires are real expensive, but that stick to the road really well!
Could you explain exactly what autocross is? Or show an example o-0 lol and I saw the price for the tires and I died a little inside xD
Old 01-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #90

Autocross:

Friend's Mach 1 Mustang:

My STi:

It's one car at a time doing time trials through a course marked with cones. It's a lot of fun!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Autocross:

Friend's Mach 1 Mustang:

My STi:

It's one car at a time doing time trials through a course marked with cones. It's a lot of fun!
How would I get Involved :0 I'm a Miami resident and have never even heard of this xD
Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #92

Quote:

How would I get Involved :0 I'm a Miami resident and have never even heard of this xD
Check out www.erscc.com

I believe that's the chapter close to Miami region.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:58 AM   #93

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Colde,

Excellent advice. Autocrossing can take care of the itchy lead foot. Teach you some much needed driving skills plus your cars limits and the only thing you'll hit is cones.

You can even get knowledgeable people at the events to ride with you and give you some tips. The NorCal and SCCA events I have attended were full of people willing to teach the noobs some do's and dont's of AutoX.

As safe a driver as you have been there will always be a situation that you will not have been in. I don't care how safe you drive. I don't know about events in Florida but the SCCA events in CA are run rain or shine so you can get experience in both conditions. Probably a good idea with a 412hp/390lb-ft RWD car.

My experience in AutoX has taught me quite a bit and made me much more confident in everyday driving. Check the SCCA events schedules and they even offer driving classes.
tc95050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:02 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

I've been looking at a club in my area the one that jameson showed me thanks by the way ^.^ and it looks fun as hell, my only concern is the wear on the car, based on you guys experience do you see things like your brakes tires clutches or anything of that sort wearing alot more than usual? I mean extra wear is expected but how much more is it
Old 01-02-2011, 05:04 AM   #95

Your runs on the course are usually under 1 minute. On a good run on my local course with a bone stock WRX (230hp/235tq) I have run under 50 seconds.

Assuming they are set up in the same manner everywhere. Obviously no 2 tracks will be the same, but more than likely, you will never leave 2nd gear. Speeds don't get high enough for you to be wearing the brakes out quicker. Since you don't leave 2nd, unless you really suck at launch no excessive wear on the clutch.

And going by our rules you only running 5 laps overall. Tire wear will not be excessive, unless your drifting around the corners. Which is quite possible with 412hp and RWD. But I really don't think you'd ever notice a difference. You'd get more excessive tire wear from bad alignment and incorrect tire pressure than you will from AutoX.

The only thing you will pay any extra money for is the helmet that is required and either membership dues or fees.

Oh yeah, and you get to marshall the corners and see crazy drivers flying around a track. The most entertainment, well car related entertainment, I have ever had on a weekend.

Just be careful, it's addictive.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

The fact that you are polling mustang owners for advice already makes you more sensible than any 16 year olds I know of lol, I say go for it. Besides, civics go fast enough to get totaled only you'd have far less protection- I'm gonna go ahead and say it's equally dangerous no matter what you drive when you're 16 so you might as well drive what you'll enjoy if you have the resources.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post

I kinda don't like those tires not enough grip for me.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
The fact that you are polling mustang owners for advice already makes you more sensible than any 16 year olds I know of lol, I say go for it. Besides, civics go fast enough to get totaled only you'd have far less protection- I'm gonna go ahead and say it's equally dangerous no matter what you drive when you're 16 so you might as well drive what you'll enjoy if you have the resources.
Why am I constantly seeing members on this site that had s197s and now have the new 5.0s, that makes me kinda of emotional, I want my 5.0 now damn it, right now.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #99

Watched a bunch of videos last night testing the new five-o. The one with the Brembo 5.0 vs. the M3. Damn, now I want it more. Think with some springs, etc. it's putting that beemer to shame.

Now that I'm moving to Sac., again. It may be hard to afford one, cuz I'm purchasing a house, but I wanna feel that 5.0 at the course at Mather airfield. Hear that beautiful sound only a V8 can produce and be able to look at the first car I've actually owned that I loved the way it looks. I still hate the way my 06 rex looks, have since I bought it, but it was right for the time. And the perfromance was right for me at the time. After having a Scion tC it felt like a complete powerhouse.

Also did not realize when I purchased the Subie, almost every mod is not CARB legal. American cars on the other hand, strap on a S/C, make a ton more power and don't have to worry bout taking it off before smog check.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:17 AM   #100

As far as the tires go, I'll run 'em til they wear out then repalce 'em with something better. AutoX tires will be street legal slicks on a seperate set of wheels. HUGE difference. My friend with the 1st gen Cobra brings his race set of wheels and tires to every event and the difference is phenomenal (sp?). I gotta let him teach me some stuff when I get a 'Stang. His drive around the track is a blast, controlling the car as much with the gas as with the steering.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc95050
Watched a bunch of videos last night testing the new five-o. The one with the Brembo 5.0 vs. the M3. Damn, now I want it more. Think with some springs, etc. it's putting that beemer to shame.

Now that I'm moving to Sac., again. It may be hard to afford one, cuz I'm purchasing a house, but I wanna feel that 5.0 at the course at Mather airfield. Hear that beautiful sound only a V8 can produce and be able to look at the first car I've actually owned that I loved the way it looks. I still hate the way my 06 rex looks, have since I bought it, but it was right for the time. And the perfromance was right for me at the time. After having a Scion tC it felt like a complete powerhouse.

Also did not realize when I purchased the Subie, almost every mod is not CARB legal. American cars on the other hand, strap on a S/C, make a ton more power and don't have to worry bout taking it off before smog check.
That video basically convinced me that and my dream car is a 1967 shelby mustang silver with black stripes, eleanor if you're familiar with the film gone in 60 seconds and what's an 06 Rex o-0
Old 01-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

That video basically convinced me that and my dream car is a 1967 shelby mustang silver with black stripes, eleanor if you're familiar with the film gone in 60 seconds and what's an 06 Rex o-0
i love that car...its my dream car too
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

i love that car...its my dream car too
I'm considering that colour pattern for my car with side window louveres and rear wind louveres
Old 01-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

I'm considering that colour pattern for my car with side window louveres and rear wind louveres
that would be awesome
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Whomever, "doesnt have a job"-get one, and get on into the World of Grown Folks...
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 mustang