2012 mustang - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:59 AM   #141
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stangluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 46
Congratulations on the scholarship. This hits a bit home for me because my mustang was my high school graduation gift for getting a scholarship. My parents had a point either they pay for school or a new car.

I got a v6 and I don't regret it at all. That was in 07 we got the mustang and now I'm playing around with mods. I'm glad I got the v6 BC I know I've got a lead foot. Of course I kind of wish I got a GT but heck now ill go get one as soon as I pay my truck off.

Enjoy your stang, Take care of it and I think you will be just fine. I find road racing at near by tracks, or other types of racing not in a straight line (I like the curves guys n gals, just not a straight line person) helps keep me behaving on the streets.

Keep us updated!
__________________
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

The best cars cant be bought, they must be built, and built by a chick!
My first love, built with sweat, love, and tears.
Stangluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangluv View Post
Congratulations on the scholarship. This hits a bit home for me because my mustang was my high school graduation gift for getting a scholarship. My parents had a point either they pay for school or a new car.

I got a v6 and I don't regret it at all. That was in 07 we got the mustang and now I'm playing around with mods. I'm glad I got the v6 BC I know I've got a lead foot. Of course I kind of wish I got a GT but heck now ill go get one as soon as I pay my truck off.

Enjoy your stang, Take care of it and I think you will be just fine. I find road racing at near by tracks, or other types of racing not in a straight line (I like the curves guys n gals, just not a straight line person) helps keep me behaving on the streets.

Keep us updated!
wow thats a NICE car! i love it. job well done
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stangluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

wow thats a NICE car! i love it. job well done
Thank you! Took two years to build/perfect the exterior. Now on to the motor. Hehe
__________________
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

The best cars cant be bought, they must be built, and built by a chick!
My first love, built with sweat, love, and tears.
Stangluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular
 
braztang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 23
Re: 2012 mustang

Okay!
If you have the choice, if you think safety first, if you are well established financially and most of all, you understand the responsibility you and your parents have on buying you a new car!
WHY NOT! GET A GT right of the way, don't think twice...
Be responsible and always remember, the more you are at young age...the better off you will be in your future challenges, so responsibility and safety FIRST.

Good luck and BE SAFE...GET A GT.

Think:
KNOW SAFETY, NO PAIN
Regards,
Luiz
__________________
"Know Safety, No Pain"
braztang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Honda Civic. Trust me. 16 year olds do not need to be driving around in Mustangs. Much less GT Mustangs.
I'm 17 and have two gt's one is a true 10.5 car and I can drive better then MOST grown men
Z06 eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #146
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Re: 2012 mustang

Some people are mature enough. Just the majority isn't! and that's awesome. I would love two gts.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stangluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
Some people are mature enough. Just the majority isn't! and that's awesome. I would love two gts.
+1
__________________
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

The best cars cant be bought, they must be built, and built by a chick!
My first love, built with sweat, love, and tears.
Stangluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
Some people are mature enough. Just the majority isn't! and that's awesome. I would love two gts.
One is a89 the day I bought it I put a vortec supercharger nod the other is a streetable 10.5 car with a nos sniffing 347 stroker I built it from top to bottom myself
Z06 eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 eater

One is a89 the day I bought it I put a vortec supercharger nod the other is a streetable 10.5 car with a nos sniffing 347 stroker I built it from top to bottom myself
Wow!
Nice!!
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rodmoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 23
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colde View Post
Thank you ^.^ placed the order 4 days ago
Grabber blue
Lava red interior
Brembo brake package
3.73 gears
Billet grill
C/S facia with foglights
Gonna be one angry beautiful pony
I think you may want to ask your dealer to confirm this order as it looks like you cant get that color and interior well at least from what i am told and the Mustang 2012 order guide from Ford look under 2012 MUSTANG COLOR & TRIM AVAILABILITY in the PDF file posted in above linky

Lava interior can only be ordered with the Lava, Ebony and Performance White exterior paint, and only in the 400A and the V6 202A, 204A w/18G and 4-Leather

Hate to have it delayed or show up in the wrong color for ya
__________________
2011 5.0 GT Kona Blue 6MT 3:73 Brembo and a few other trinkets on her
Ordered 10/11/2010 Built 11/12/2010 held at ramp5P till 11/29/2010 Delivered 12/17/2010 Skip shift disabled 12/27/2010
Rodmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Re: 2012 mustang

called the dealer and you are in fact correct the man i placed the order with was more than apologetic im going with lava red because i saw it on a harley davidson 2010 im kind of sad because i wanted grabber blue =/ but the interior is much more important, he said he wasn't even aware of it and had to call other people who ordered the lava red interior
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rodmoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 23
Re: 2012 mustang

WOW glad it worked out and i hope to see pics when you get it home I have not seen the lava red in person but i have seen the HD f150 pics and people have said it is stunning .. Not a GB but it will be awesome none the less i am sure ... Again glad to help and Congrats
__________________
2011 5.0 GT Kona Blue 6MT 3:73 Brembo and a few other trinkets on her
Ordered 10/11/2010 Built 11/12/2010 held at ramp5P till 11/29/2010 Delivered 12/17/2010 Skip shift disabled 12/27/2010
Rodmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodmoe
WOW glad it worked out and i hope to see pics when you get it home I have not seen the lava red in person but i have seen the HD f150 pics and people have said it is stunning .. Not a GB but it will be awesome none the less i am sure ... Again glad to help and Congrats
I really do appreciate it I feel iffy about the dealer I ordered from now feels like something he should have known but god knows we all make mistakes I'll make a video the day of delivery xD ill document the event they're might even be tears on my part and a hellacious burn out on the way out of the dealer
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 53
Re: 2012 mustang

Whens your build date?
theACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rodmoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 23
Re: 2012 mustang

Don't worry too much some dealers don't seem to understand that with internet the customer is as well informed as they are you only have to know how to google and the world opens up. Lots of fun ahead for you What did your Dad order for color on his Boss ? did he get a est for a build yet 1st half or 2nd half of the year ? Look forward to the Vid
__________________
2011 5.0 GT Kona Blue 6MT 3:73 Brembo and a few other trinkets on her
Ordered 10/11/2010 Built 11/12/2010 held at ramp5P till 11/29/2010 Delivered 12/17/2010 Skip shift disabled 12/27/2010
Rodmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #156
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodmoe
Don't worry too much some dealers don't seem to understand that with internet the customer is as well informed as they are you only have to know how to google and the world opens up. Lots of fun ahead for you What did your Dad order for color on his Boss ? did he get a est for a build yet 1st half or 2nd half of the year ? Look forward to the Vid
I'm actually clueless as to his boss specifics he Is keeping it all secret I'm assuming he wants to surprise me and the fact that my mom doesn't know he ordered a new car may be contributing to that xD
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by theACE
Whens your build date?
I haven't gotten one ? Is that strange
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #158
Registered User
Newbie
 
Stangbooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Stangbooms
Re: 2012 mustang

i am 16 years old as well and my mom bought my V6 mustang back in 1994 when she found out she was pregnant with me, and i have enough power in my V6 i'm happy
__________________
1994 black V6 stang
Stangbooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #159
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rodmoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 23
Re: 2012 mustang

From what i learn via the forums and my own order and build last oct/dec i didnt get a viewable window sticker till a week before my build date or start build day as it take a few days to make it down the line based on options on the car. but once you get a VIN from the dealer you should also get a build date/week and a possible ETA for delivery though what i saw on the eta was pure guessing as i had a Dec 23 eta and the car showed up Jan 17. but i have heard some folks getting their cars in a lil as 6 to 7 weeks other were 3 or 4 months depending on when they ordered and when Ford starts building and shipping this babies.. Hoping you get yours before St Patty's day
__________________
2011 5.0 GT Kona Blue 6MT 3:73 Brembo and a few other trinkets on her
Ordered 10/11/2010 Built 11/12/2010 held at ramp5P till 11/29/2010 Delivered 12/17/2010 Skip shift disabled 12/27/2010
Rodmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangluv View Post
Thank you! Took two years to build/perfect the exterior. Now on to the motor. Hehe
I like the looks of your stang, that racer look especially the front.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 53
Re: 2012 mustang

i smell fish.
theACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #162
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrTibbij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 63
Send a message via AIM to MrTibbij
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colde View Post
Hey im a 16 year old high school student who is fortunate enough to choose his first car, i want a mustang premium GT. I want to be dissuaded from this option i already know all the reasons to love the car but i just need some one or many some ones to play the devils advocate for me =D
YOUR SIXTEEN!!! Do you need anything else to dissuade you, I mean damn anyone remember the days when you had to work for your first ride!!!! I got a 82 trans am with 95k miles on it for my first car, took a half a year to earn the cash to buy the damn thing.......meanwhile a friend gets a new 3 series beamer
__________________
2011 Ruby Red w/ a Tinted Clear Coat GT California Special: Airraid CAI, Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-back Exhaust, SCT Performance Tune, 6 spd, HID Lamps, 3.73 Limited Slip, Confort, Security, Electronics Packages.
MrTibbij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 53
Re: 2012 mustang

^^ don't worry, I smell fish...
theACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stangluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSPOR911
I like the looks of your stang, that racer look especially the front.
Thanks!
__________________
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

The best cars cant be bought, they must be built, and built by a chick!
My first love, built with sweat, love, and tears.
Stangluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
That's awesome that you can get that car. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Don't listen to these other tirds. They ate just jealous that they drove crappy cars when they were 16. I know I did. My 1st car was an 85 Pontiac fiero. I think it had like 90 horsepower. I always wanted a mustang and got a GT when I was 18. I better than tripled my horsepower and was fine with it. You will learn your limits in the car. Just don't push them. Have fun and good luck
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrTibbij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 63
Send a message via AIM to MrTibbij
Re: 2012 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post
That's awesome that you can get that car. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Don't listen to these other tirds. They ate just jealous that they drove crappy cars when they were 16. I know I did. My 1st car was an 85 Pontiac fiero. I think it had like 90 horsepower. I always wanted a mustang and got a GT when I was 18. I better than tripled my horsepower and was fine with it. You will learn your limits in the car. Just don't push them. Have fun and good luck
No not eating jealousy. There is a distinct difference between getting something you earned and having something given to you. This story always ends the same, just be safe kid....I had a friend that ate a tree at 17 in a camaro ss!

It puts a kid at a disadvantage in two ways, a) they don't have the driving experience for the kind of power a car like this has and b) there are way to many kids now a days that feel entitled because they are given everything in life.

In all honesty I have my dream car, so I am not saying dont enjoy it.....props for having a father like yours, but still I believe earning what your getting teaches a lost principle now days, work ethic.
__________________
2011 Ruby Red w/ a Tinted Clear Coat GT California Special: Airraid CAI, Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-back Exhaust, SCT Performance Tune, 6 spd, HID Lamps, 3.73 Limited Slip, Confort, Security, Electronics Packages.
MrTibbij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #167
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTibbij

No not eating jealousy. There is a distinct difference between getting something you earned and having something given to you. This story always ends the same, just be safe kid....I had a friend that ate a tree at 17 in a camaro ss!

It puts a kid at a disadvantage in two ways, a) they don't have the driving experience for the kind of power a car like this has and b) there are way to many kids now a days that feel entitled because they are given everything in life.

In all honesty I have my dream car, so I am not saying dont enjoy it.....props for having a father like yours, but still I believe earning what your getting teaches a lost principle now days, work ethic.
+1
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #168
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Sweet car man. Wish I could afford one. Some day.
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #169
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
U finished second in my class did my senior year in 4 months graduated early and got a scholarship can dad buy me a car
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 AM   #170
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Oops I mean "I" not "u" lol
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #171
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 14
Dang Ace u cant escape the 16 yr/old drama anywhere!
SoFlo Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
I am so tired of this thread popping up!!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 53
Re: 2012 mustang

lol, i have a feeling this whole thread was spam...OP hasn't posted in forever but continues to log in regularly. No VIN, dad bought a Boss but doesn't know the details, and he hasn't posted any pics of his 2012 GT which should have been built/delivered by now.....

we got trolled.
theACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #174
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by theACE
lol, i have a feeling this whole thread was spam...OP hasn't posted in forever but continues to log in regularly. No VIN, dad bought a Boss but doesn't know the details, and he hasn't posted any pics of his 2012 GT which should have been built/delivered by now.....

we got trolled.
The reason I rarely reply but constantly log in is because I'm usually on my phone, haven't posted pics because i havent been allowed to see my car..... I got a D in spanish class and my mother has **** a brick house.. Why would I troll the **** out of everybody? I post in other threads and try to stick around to see how things are going with the 2012s, people run into obstacles and my father is very reclusive and my relationship with him is minimal to say the least, he is working 98% of the time an ******* 1% and an actual father the other 1% unless you're walking around in my body please do not assume, plus you're the one reviving this thread when I had stated I'd post pictures as soon as I received the car, I haven't received it nor have any knowledge of it's build or delivery since being 16 I have no right to know my father and mother are being extremely strict about it. Just saying since obviously some insight into my personal life was needed to clear the air about things.
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colde

The reason I rarely reply but constantly log in is because I'm usually on my phone, haven't posted pics because i havent been allowed to see my car..... I got a D in spanish class and my mother has **** a brick house.. Why would I troll the **** out of everybody? I post in other threads and try to stick around to see how things are going with the 2012s, people run into obstacles and my father is very reclusive and my relationship with him is minimal to say the least, he is working 98% of the time an ******* 1% and an actual father the other 1% unless you're walking around in my body please do not assume, plus you're the one reviving this thread when I had stated I'd post pictures as soon as I received the car, I haven't received it nor have any knowledge of it's build or delivery since being 16 I have no right to know my father and mother are being extremely strict about it. Just saying since obviously some insight into my personal life was needed to clear the air about things.
U finished second in ur class with a D in spanish?
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will The 2012 Boss Mustang Be Limited In Production? SpectorV General Mustang Discussion 39 02-03-2011 03:08 PM
2012 mustang gt The Darkside 2011-2014 Mustang GT 13 12-14-2010 03:33 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:05 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.