Mustang Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #1

Mustang Exhaust

I love my new 5.0 stang but the exhaust note is just too quiet. I have decided to upgrade the exhaust sys. for a much deeper louder "growl" and the extra HP.

Ive been looking into differant systems and i really like the MaganaFlow Cat-Back Competition seris its around $810 on AM.com. What kind of exhaust do u guys have on your stang and how does in sound???

Im trying to get some opinons on all and any exhaust upgrades....
Vorheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #2

Region: Delaware
I've got the 10 gt an I put slp loudmouth axle backs on it for 200 used from ebay...not loud enuff at all. Think im going to ditch them an run a muffler delete of my own out the sides, just under the door with a nice oval tip. I want that ***** to howl!
geraltay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Mustang Exhaust

There lots of stuff out there but, even though this is illegal in most states, you can always get a new exhaust that has electric cutouts, so you can be reaaaallllly loud whenever you want as long as you watch for cops.

From what I've seen magnaflow always has some good options, but you will also be paying a lil more depending on the exhaust setup you get, bu that and quality kind of go along with the name.
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

I put the Magnaflow Muffler deletes on my 2011 GT - the sound is really not as loud as one would expect . A nice burble at Idle but when you get on it it makes a really good sounding roar - the note , timbre , pitch , amplitude is much different than my 2v 2000 GT . the 11s sound is much lower in pitch and the tone has a " roundness " to it , hard to describe how different it is . stock the 11 has headers not manifolds + those resonators after the cats + 4 V + bore X stroke = different tone .

Anyone else noticed the exaust note on th 11s is really different ?

the Muffler deletes sound great and look really nice too .
LbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Yes,of course it sounds different...its a 4v and that's the great part.The burble or gurgle at idle is similar to the 03-04 Cobra IMO.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Magnaflows r good but not as loud as most want them to be. I had a set and sold them not long after for this reason.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

thats funny i have a MagnaFlow system on my Mach 1 and its loud as hell !!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
thats funny i have a MagnaFlow system on my Mach 1 and its loud as hell !!!!
Not as loud as I wanted. I should say. Also power adders ,headers ,off road h/x pipe etc..help with sound. So depending on set up this helps as well
Old 12-21-2010, 04:56 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Basani sounds amazing if cost isn't an issue
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...&v=ayemxBdI0bc

Im getting the atak. I wanna scare the neighborhood. Not cheap at all. But u get a one million mile warranty
mylilpny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #11
Regular
Supporter

I have the Roush and they have a low rumble at idle,no drone at any RPM and they scream when you want them to. Its a win,win product.Low cost and great sound.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbarJ
I put the Magnaflow Muffler deletes on my 2011 GT - the sound is really not as loud as one would expect . A nice burble at Idle but when you get on it it makes a really good sounding roar - the note , timbre , pitch , amplitude is much different than my 2v 2000 GT . the 11s sound is much lower in pitch and the tone has a " roundness " to it , hard to describe how different it is . stock the 11 has headers not manifolds + those resonators after the cats + 4 V + bore X stroke = different tone .

Anyone else noticed the exaust note on th 11s is really different ?

the Muffler deletes sound great and look really nice too .
Ya my 2011 sounds great with the stock exhaust. I paid a lot of money on all my other mustangs exhaust systems and they didn't sound as good as this one. The 2011's have a low throaty growl that dosn't sound redneckish. Lol
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
Regular
Supporter

I don't want my mustang to sound like a Cadillac when sitting at a stoplight which mean not hearing it at all.Thats what I would compare the 2011 gt stock exhaust to.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I don't want my mustang to sound like a Cadillac when sitting at a stoplight which mean not hearing it at all.Thats what I would compare the 2011 gt stock exhaust to.
I sense a disturbance in the force.....somebody hates new mustangs
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
1 5/8ths Mac ceramic coated long tubes, 2.5 in Dr. Gas x pipe and soon to be 2.5 in. Bassani pro street catback! I'll have the cat back on by this coming Wednesday. I currently have dynomax ultra flos welded on Flowmaster tails. It sounds Ok but after hearing how mean the Bassanis sound, I had to have um! Haven't heard anything like them! Somewhat deep and tame sounding at idle and cruising around, but get on it and all hell breaks loose! 100 x better sounding than "Drone Masters" IMO! A really nice clean sound! You can actually hear your radio and have a normal conversation in the car while driving, You'd be really happy with them I'm sure! A bit pricey but Bassani makes top quality products!! Hope this helps! Good luck with your search!
DSS short block, 70 mm TB, 75 MM Mass air Accufab, TFS twisted wedge heads, street intake, custom Crower Cam from Custom Performance in Concord NC, Kooks long tube headers, Dr. Gas x pipe, Bassani Street series Catback, Eibach progressive rate springs, 5 sp. Trans, 4.10 Ford Racing Gear, FR 500 wheels, Steeda Tri ax shifter, SCT tune,
Mikes347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #16
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
I sense a disturbance in the force.....somebody hates new mustangs
lol,nah I don't hate new ones I just would rather hear a muscle car like its supposed to sound. To each his own I guess. I will say that it is kinda nice to have a exhaust that screams when I want it to compared to my 07 which sounded nasty mean all the time.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #17

Region: Tennessee

I put the American Thunder Flowmaster exhaust on my 2011 Mustang. It improved the sound quite a bit and it is significantly cheaper than most exhaust systems out there on the market.

I wasn't looking for a super loud exhaust system because I have to drive through a parking garage to the third floor to park at my office. I didn't want my car's exhaust to be thumping the ground since I have to drive by the partners at the accounting firm I work for. Especially, since a parking garage magnifies any car's exhaust.

The exhaust note is louder in the cabin, but not loud enough to annoy my wife! I was able to install the exhaust on my car from the comfort of my driveway. It took about 1.5 hours and I only needed two different size sockets (10mm and 12mm I believe). The mufflers retain the hangers and clamps the stock mufflers used. The stock mufflers are extremely heavy. So you will shed some weight with the flowmasters. I'll try to post up a youtube video of my exhaust soon. I have gotten complements from tons of people about how great it sounds.

Well worth the 300 bucks I spent on the mufflers. I have no exhaust leaks on my car, but if you live in an area that has bad weather during the winter a lot, then I would recommend welding the mufflers on.
Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #18

Region: Washington
Have a 2011 5.0 and love the new exhaust: Roush Extreme Kit. Amaaaaazing!
LittlePonyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

PRI 2010: Doug’s Headers’ New Electric Exhaust Cut-Outs - StangTV.com

heres those cut outs
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #20

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
I didn't even know they made these! Those are awesome! I want them so bad now. I couldn't even fathom what the 5.0L motor sounds like completely open!
Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
I didn't even know they made these! Those are awesome! I want them so bad now. I couldn't even fathom what the 5.0L motor sounds like completely open!
lol ur welcome buddy. thank god for facebook and stang tv lol i dont have a 5.0 but when i saw these......i was like dam, id put that on my car lol
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust