What exhaust system to go with? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: What exhaust system to go with?

braztang: thanks for the informative posts . I still haven't purchased an axleback setup. I did that mod to my `08 and it was a liitle too loud in the cabin, with the windows rolled up, at highway speed (Borla Stingers and a 4.6) I was considering the Roush setup but after reading about your experience with the "HushPuppies" -I'm going to still be at the the 'drawing board', figuring this thing out..
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Thumbs up Re: What exhaust system to go with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit View Post
braztang: thanks for the informative posts . I still haven't purchased an axleback setup. I did that mod to my `08 and it was a liitle too loud in the cabin, with the windows rolled up, at highway speed (Borla Stingers and a 4.6) I was considering the Roush setup but after reading about your experience with the "HushPuppies" -I'm going to still be at the the 'drawing board', figuring this thing out..
Hey man,
I've got almost the same car as you, in fact the colour of yours was my preferred one, but I thought of the SNOW in the Northeast and decided on the silver instead; also I have actually added the side and hood stripes and the Brembo pack, rear view camera was a freebie and the comfort pack cost me 345, so I went for it and it is comfortable on my saddle colour leather seats.
Take care and be drive safely.
Good luck on your choice of axle-back.
Luiz
Old 01-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by braztang View Post
Hey man,
I've got almost the same car as you, in fact the colour of yours was my preferred one, but I thought of the SNOW in the Northeast and decided on the silver instead; also I have actually added the side and hood stripes and the Brembo pack, rear view camera was a freebie and the comfort pack cost me 345, so I went for it and it is comfortable on my saddle colour leather seats.
Take care and be drive safely.
Good luck on your choice of axle-back.
Luiz
Thank you, Sir. `Nice looking ride, as well!
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #39

Region: California
Smile Re: What exhaust system to go with?

This thread really has a lot of great ideas! Thanks for all the info guys!

2011 GT/CS
Marine mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Real nice CS/GT.
Good luck and safe driving.

LCL
Old 03-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #41

Region: Europe

Video of my Mustang GT with Borla Atak. If i had chance to do it again would Go The same decision it Sounds amazing
martynas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #42
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Heres mine,Roush Axelbacks.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Heres mine,Roush Axelbacks.
Beautiful! So glad i went with roush as well. Still waiting on my 2012 though.
mylilpny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Question Re: What exhaust system to go with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbarJ View Post
I went with the Magnaflow Muffler deletes , they are not mad loud as one would expect and not as expensive as other options and sound great . I like that they eliminate the ugly mufflers sticking out the back + they are also lighter than stock - each stock muffler weighs 21 lbs !

I would highly recomend the Bama tunes with an intake ,seriously improves the power and potential of these cars. I did a C&L intake and Bamatunes and the car is a BEAST .

However to get the full benefit of an aftermarket exhaust you have to drive with the windows down BRRRRR , and turn up the heat .
Great advice, I have put a CHEAP and SOUND axle-back flowmaster HUSHPOWER, it is very light and easy install at home...sounds really great, without any drone and not so LOUD for a day to day NYC drive.

I got a question about the Bama tunes with an intake. I am really looking forward to putting an Cold air intake, I have seen the NO-TUNE required ones, since I am (quite honestly) afraid to do the tuning...
The BBK intake, Alluminum looks great and it is supposed to be the CAI for the 2011 GT with no tune required.
What is your real opinion on the no-tune CAI and what about warranty, does that really matter? in case you do have a problem?
Appreciate your input.
Safe Ride,
LCL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust