2012 Orders, when will they arrive? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Here's the window sticker as proof of 2012 model year

Thanks for the compliment. LOVING this car, been waiting years to get a brand new one. Coming back from Afghanistan I had finally enough cash to make the buy. cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1357422780.png
Views:	271
Size:	788.1 KB
ID:	25470  
HIS: "Night-Mare": 2012 Mustang GT/CS, Black on Black, MT, 3.73 Gears, HID's, Security/Comfort/Electronics Packages. #2 of ????

HERS: "Blue Steel": 2012 Mustang V6, Kona Blue, AT.
Gconn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
you're welcome glad you like it...got any plans for mods?
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Re: 2012 Orders, when will they arrive?

To be honest, this car is pretty sweet as it is. BIG difference between this and the 03 GT I had. As far as mods goes, window tint is the first order of business. Probably going to keep it stock for a while, but down the road I could see a SC/Tune as highly likely.
Gconn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

I switched my order to BLACK,,with the paint storage I bet that will be next on delays,,so long LAVA....

MODS:C/S dark stainless grill,lower front with fogs/ROUSH axlebacks
12GTLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #75

Region: New York

WINDOW STICKER SHOWED UP TODAY!

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8CF5C5213341

I'm so excited I went out and bought these.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....THBLKBLTMS45MM
Grabber Blue, 6m, 401a, electronics package, appearance package ,HIDs, 3:73s, Brembos. Waiting patiently

Ordered: 1/13/11, Built!:4/14/11, In transit, ETA 5/3/11
ptcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcomp
WINDOW STICKER SHOWED UP TODAY!

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8CF5C5213341

I'm so excited I went out and bought these.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....THBLKBLTMS45MM
Mine too

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8CU9C5209162

Big Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #77
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito View Post
you got a boss?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770

you got a boss?
Yes was supposed to built a month earlier but I can wait. It took around 100 dealers to find one at MSRP for a LS
Old 04-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #79
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

I want to get one after I get out of college.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like a plan, if you can wait
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #81

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GTLAVA View Post
I switched my order to BLACK,,with the paint storage I bet that will be next on delays,,so long LAVA....
Waiting for my '12 GT/CS black conv. Don't worry 'bout the black or red mustangs. As usual the news about those color pigments being unavailable due to being made in Japan and their disaster is misleading. Going further in the story your will see that the pigment they are talking about is called -I forget-but it is an aluminum based pigment that is used to mimick metalic paint. Ford has told dealers to stop ordering certain models that have this metalic look-black is the "tuxedo black" and other metalic looking reds none of which are mustang colors. The mustang black is black and not metalic. Listed cars affected are f-150, explorer, taurus and other trucks both ford and merc. I was concerned as I wanted a triple black this time around.
pmorritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon

Newest up-date
Called dealer on Friday and found out that the salesman that I had talked to on the first of the week was not it. They connected me to the sales mgr (I thought it was talking to the sales mgr, it seems they are all sales mgrs), gave him the vin and he said he would call me back. I had called just after 10am and did not here anything by 2pm so I called him back; he was unavailable so I tried again just before 6pm when he was suppose to go home. Again he was un-available. I stopped by the dealer on Sat and tracked him down. Eventually he found the order but was not able to do a tracking. He said that once it was off the rail car he could not track it. I thought that he could have seen that it had it to the rail yard or not; makes me wonder if he did anything. He said that I should here by noon on Monday if the car was delivered or not. For a sales mgr not very helpful. So I will see Monday if the car made it or not.
dacriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Well called the dealer Monday and surprise surprise, no car. Salesman that has been the most helpful was there and he said that the rail car made it to the rail yard and that the cars had not been off loaded yet. I'm now told that it foe sure would be there on Wednesday no later than noon.
Had a chiropractor appointment on that side of town Wednesday so I called to see if the car was in, no answer from the salesman’s direct line. So I decided to drive over and see if the car had made it. No it didn't. Salesman said that the car had not been unloaded until today (Wednesday) and that it would be there today (Thursday). It's just past 11:30am now and still no word. The helpful salesman was not going to be in again until next Monday, but that the general sales mgr would take care of everything (probably why I haven't had word yet). So I'm still waiting.
I did ask the helpful salesman about the delay in orders from Ford. He said that there are still people who ordered their cars in December that have yet to have the cars built. I guess I was lucky that he put my order in as a dealer order and not a customer purchase.
Will up-date when I have more. At this rate it will be mid next week before I’m driving it.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #84

Region: Maryland

I know for a fact that my GT500 is still sitting on the loading ramp in MI. there is no estimation of when the shipment will begin. My ETA at the dealer is April 9 but my dealer says that it will be 2-3 weeks.
1967 Mustang Coupe (6 cyl.) with manual trans (SOLD)
aschiavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Car is now at the dealer and it will take a couple days to do the protection package and the clear bra. Looking forward to posting pics. I do have a question and will start a new post for it in the V6 section.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #86

An inside contact in Ford has just informed me that my GT500 is on a truck on its way to me. My dealer told me it will be 2-3 weeks. I think I will lurk around the dealership this Saturday just to see if it arrives. Will post pics when I get them.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #87

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacriss
BTW
I got the VIN, now I just need to figure out how to track the car with it. Anyone have a link that will help?
Did you ever find any info on this? Would love for you to send me a PM with the info!
Mustang13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang13 View Post
Did you ever find any info on this? Would love for you to send me a PM with the info!
Not really, from allfordmustangs.com they have a customer service rep that will help you. The customer service rep is very hammard with requests and it take a good while for them to get back to you.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacriss View Post
Car is now at the dealer and it will take a couple days to do the protection package and the clear bra. Looking forward to posting pics. I do have a question and will start a new post for it in the V6 section.
what is the clear bra and protection package you are talking about? how much does it cost?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I got a bin! Build week of .4/25 i switched color to blk so guess i have to figure out how to change my user name.

MODS:C/S dark stainless grill,lower front with fogs/ROUSH axlebacks
12GTLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschiavi View Post
what is the clear bra and protection package you are talking about? how much does it cost?
Clear Bra is a 3M product that is clear and cut to match the car. Not sure how it is applied, but it is suppose to be hard to see when it is on. Dark colors will show seems more than light colors. After it is applied it gives protection against rock chips and scrapes.
The protection package (Called North West Protection Package from the dealer) is a spray on clear coat (additional to what is already on the car) on the outside and a protestant coating on the inside. True you can get products close to these on the aftermarket and apply them yourself; but I'm not good at doing such things.
All in all it is just more money spent to try and keep the car looking good longer.
This will be a daily driver and it will need all the help to look good that it can get.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Picked car up last night and all looks good. I'm a little dissapointed in the dealer. They held off ordering the billet grille, even after I supplied the correct part number a month ago. Dealer called today and said that the billet grille should be here next week.
Will post picture after it stops raining and I get a chance to clean it up.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #93

After reading this thread I guess my 2012 GT will take a while. Got the DORA on 28 MARCH and so far no VIN or build date. This is even more painful as I had placed an order for a 2011 last NOV only to be told a month later that the 2011 line had stopped. Aughh....should not be this hard to buy a new car !
smokeater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #94

was told it was on a truck to me but it was on a truck to the train yard. now a week later I hear its in a train yard somewhere in the Baltimore area. My ETA is now monday. I hope to pick it up on Friday if the dealer can get it ready. will inform.. will post pics..
I too had to order a 2011 knowing I would not get one. It allowed me to be first on the order list for the GT500, which I ordered in January.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #95

While placing the order for the GT at the dealership my wife wandered over to a Shelby in the showroom and decided she liked that one better ! Out of my $$ range ! Hope you get yours soon !
Old 04-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeater1 View Post
While placing the order for the GT at the dealership my wife wandered over to a Shelby in the showroom and decided she liked that one better ! Out of my $$ range ! Hope you get yours soon !
We were actually picking up our new Fiesta for my wife when we had a wait, so we test drove a 2011 GT. I saw the GT500 in the showroom and asked about it and they told me I could come back that weekend to test drive it if I wanted. I said sure and when I did it changed my life. I asked to be put on the list to buy one on the spot. It cost me $1000 almost a year ago. I hope its worth the wait.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Man if I ordered a car I would be a wreck by the time it arrived.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I got a VIN and a build date of May 2 when I called the dealer a few days ago (it's been 7weeks since I submitted the order). It seems that the VIN still isn't in the system though. When would I be able to get a window sticker and/or track the car? After the build date?

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #99

Based on your time table, mine will not arrive till AUG !!!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:30 AM   #100

Region: Colorado
Based on what I know about auto scheduling at Ford, I don't believe you'll have a VIN until the car is scheduled and the 'build date' is the anticipated time the car will roll off the end. At my plant, Body weld is 2-3 days of production before Chassis (final assembly). And scheduling doesn't forecast more than a week. So I wouldn't think you'd be able to get a VIN till w/ in about 10 working days (that's if they're running 3 shifts).

I also heard a rumor that there is a shortage of 5.0s that has caused a few short shifts. If your dealership told you 6-8 weeks in Jan, they're full of it because the car was in the late prototype launch stage in March so the first salable cars would have been built in March as well.
Drift it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247
I got a VIN and a build date of May 2 when I called the dealer a few days ago (it's been 7weeks since I submitted the order). It seems that the VIN still isn't in the system though. When would I be able to get a window sticker and/or track the car? After the build date?
Monday or Tuesday
Old 04-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito

Monday or Tuesday
This week?

Thanks for your help!

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247

This week?

Thanks for your help!
You're welcome, if your build suite remains 05May it should appear. and at the very latest Thursday.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Got my window sticker today! But it's just making me more anxious for the car to get here haha.

I'm hoping there are no delays in build/delivery...

Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Just ordered mine and I was told 5 weeks. Gonna be a loonngggg 5 weeks
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT