2012 Orders, when will they arrive? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #1

Region: New York
2012 Orders, when will they arrive?

Ordered mine on Jan 8th. was told Early May, maybe even June to be realistic. What are others that have ordered hearing from their dealers? It's only been a week and I'm already going crazy. lol!
ptcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcomp
Ordered mine on Jan 8th. was told Early May, maybe even June to be realistic. What are others that have ordered hearing from their dealers? It's only been a week and I'm already going crazy. lol!
Do what I did think of it arriving April 1st and anything earlier will make you feel better don't stress it, it'll get here xD
Colde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 2012 Orders, when will they arrive?

check back to see when it has a vin (actually built) after that it shouldnt take to long.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I ordered mine mid dec. Was told mid feb it should be here. One of the first ones off the conveyor. Cant wait to see what exact number i was
mylilpny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilpny View Post
I ordered mine mid dec. Was told mid feb it should be here. One of the first ones off the conveyor. Cant wait to see what exact number i was
Thats encouraging, we're only a couple weeks apart. What did you order?
Old 01-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thats encouraging, we're only a couple weeks apart. What did you order?
2012 grabber blue gt satin black racing stripe automatic electronics package hood scoop spoiler combo. 19" machined black wheels black interior.

Just bought a roush exhaust, cai and tune soon to follow
Old 01-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Idk y they would take so long to make it. Contact them and ask why. My place said 6-8 weeks after the order is made.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Idk y they would take so long to make it. Contact them and ask why. My place said 6-8 weeks after the order is made.
Sounds like we ordered the exact same car, only difference is I went with the stick and no stripes.

My dealer told me 6-8 weeks originally then the salesman took me aside and said he's seen it take as much as 16 weeks and was telling me so i wouldn't be disappointed. I hope he's wrong. I like your guy better
Old 01-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

I would think that 6-8 weeks is unreliable/ `sounds way 'too quick' , of a turnaround from manufacturing...I also know that they are still trying to keep the market in a fever pitch/ continuing to generate interest-despite the fact that the 2011 is still 'fresh'! I guesse I will be 'pleasantly surprised' -if "mylilpny" gets his in that 6-8 week timeframe.
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sounds like we ordered the exact same car, only difference is I went with the stick and no stripes.

My dealer told me 6-8 weeks originally then the salesman took me aside and said he's seen it take as much as 16 weeks and was telling me so i wouldn't be disappointed. I hope he's wrong. I like your guy better
Dont take that from them. U have to go back there and give them a piece of ur mind. That 16 weeks is bs man. Its your money bro, theyre just the ones that want it. Make em work for it
Old 01-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #11

OK, just got off the phone with the dealer. He checked to see if the order was processed and received and it was and I can expect it early April
That's a lot more promising than May or June.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome news!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcomp View Post

Seems like you live in NY if I were you I would gladly receive it as late as possible so no ****** runs into and ruin your new toy in this bad winter weather. I bought my car out from repairs just week and already almost had an incident that would have resulted in total lost and possibly hospital bed time. Whew.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon

I ordered mine 1-7-2011 when I herd that the price was going to go up $450 after Sat night. Dealer said that the order would go into Ford on Monday and that it might take a week or two before Ford gets it into the que. Once in the production que a serial number would be produced. Once the serial number is produced and expected date of production could be projected and a finish date. After the car is finished then it gets qued up with any other cars headed west (I'm in Portland Or.) and then ships. After it arrives out west it could take a day or two till it's at the dealer. Then a day or two till its cleaned and ready for my inspection and delivery or shop for the NW protection package. All in all the dealer said 8 to 10 weeks, but I'm figuring 10 to 12 if there was a large que due to the holiday shut down. I'm locked in on price and I believe the interest rate, so late March early April is fine. I ordered a convertible so at the end of the rainy season in the NW is just fine.
DACriss
dacriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacriss View Post
I ordered mine 1-7-2011 when I herd that the price was going to go up $450 after Sat night. Dealer said that the order would go into Ford on Monday and that it might take a week or two before Ford gets it into the que. Once in the production que a serial number would be produced. Once the serial number is produced and expected date of production could be projected and a finish date. After the car is finished then it gets qued up with any other cars headed west (I'm in Portland Or.) and then ships. After it arrives out west it could take a day or two till it's at the dealer. Then a day or two till its cleaned and ready for my inspection and delivery or shop for the NW protection package. All in all the dealer said 8 to 10 weeks, but I'm figuring 10 to 12 if there was a large que due to the holiday shut down. I'm locked in on price and I believe the interest rate, so late March early April is fine. I ordered a convertible so at the end of the rainy season in the NW is just fine.
DACriss
I hear that. We're having such a bad winter here in NY so far, April is probably a good thing.
Grabber Blue, 6m, 401a, electronics package, appearance package ,HIDs, 3:73s, Brembos. Waiting patiently

Ordered: 1/13/11, Built!:4/14/11, In transit, ETA 5/3/11
Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Smile Re: 2012 Orders, when will they arrive?

Just an up-date and not trying to hijack this post.
Just had word from the dealer that my Mustang is scheduled to be built the week of Feb 14th. Tentative delivery time to the dealer is the first week of March. Will have a better delivery date once the car is built and in the que to be shipper west. So things seem to be moving along. Starting to get excited.
DACriss
Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

nice keep us updated
Old 02-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

any info on your cars gents? i called up my place a few days ago and still no vin but the guy told me i was being too eager cuz they did promise me mid feb. ill call back later in the week and find out whats going on then. not in so much of a hurry now that all of new york is covered in white stuff.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Just a tad bit more info. When I talked to my dealer, he said that another customer of his had placed the order the next day (Jan 8th) and he had yet to get a vin number. Now what makes this interesting is that even though I placed it on Friday about 4:00 pm pacific and the other customer placed it on Saturday, both orders would have gone into Ford on the following Monday ( Jan 10th). I don't know if his was aV6 also, but I thought that it was a GT. May be the GT's have a larger back log?
I can here you about the white stuff; Mustangs don't do well in the slick. Add 2 to 3 hundred pounds in the trunk and you will go straight OK. Stopping, turning and acceleration, well you know!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #20

Region: Arizona
I hate this wait. On one hand, I saw someone who claimed their 2012 GT was rescheduled to be built last week. On the other hand, Justin from Ford customer service stated last week that the 2011s were still not finished being produced. All I know for sure is that the delay is or was longer than they said. Deysha from ford customer service also said last week that there were no current delays (as of the time she posted the message). I guess that I will just have to wait impatiently. If anyone finds out more, please say something.

Status "Unscheduled-Clean"
Itravelalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Just had word from the dealer
"It looks like there has been a delay in production for your 2012 Mustang. Our report states the production date is now the week of 2/21/11."
And the wait goes on
Old 02-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacriss
Just had word from the dealer
"It looks like there has been a delay in production for your 2012 Mustang. Our report states the production date is now the week of 2/21/11."
And the wait goes on
Wait so wat does that mean? They havent even started building???
Old 02-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Wait so wat does that mean? They havent even started building???
Actually, production started 2/7/11 with full production starting 2/8/11. The cars were produced but not shipped until the OK TO BUY was given by the factory. It was given this week, and the first 2012s are now en route to dealers. They will not be on the lot yet, but they are en route. Retail orders had not been pulled for the whole delay, but they are starting to now. Some have been pulled, but most are waiting still. They should get pulled soon though. I am hoping mine gets pulled next week.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

Look to hell with this gen Mustang and wait for the next generation with IRS
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itravelalot

Actually, production started 2/7/11 with full production starting 2/8/11. The cars were produced but not shipped until the OK TO BUY was given by the factory. It was given this week, and the first 2012s are now en route to dealers. They will not be on the lot yet, but they are en route. Retail orders had not been pulled for the whole delay, but they are starting to now. Some have been pulled, but most are waiting still. They should get pulled soon though. I am hoping mine gets pulled next week.
Where did u get this info from? My dealer just told me production starts in march
Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #26

I follow several forums. To make a long story short, Ford employees who have access to track orders have seen that numerous vehicles have been produced already. There are also forum members who have had cars that have already been shipped. You can tell they are not lying because they gave their vin so everyone else can see the status that can check it too. There are a number more that I do not have time to explain right now, but you can also tell that production has started because they are pulling retail orders again. They had been waiting for the OK TO BUY (which only comes AFTER the factory is open and producing cars without major error for 2 or 3 days) before pulling more retail orders.

Dealers have been very unhelpful and often downright deceptive. They want to sell cars they have on the lot already. Mine told me that my order did not even have a DORA yet, but that was wrong based on what both a Ford employee (who is a forum member) and Ford customer service told me.

You really do not have to believe me. Just join enough forums, read enough threads, and meet enough members and you will soon see that your dealer is repeatedly lying to you. Come on, it was public knowledge, and Ford documents had been sent to dealers all last year stating that the 2012 Model year would start January 17/18. The delay slowed things down a bit, but not that far. Even Ford customer service wrote about the subject a few weeks ago that the delay was over. When production is supposed to start in January according to all schedules that Ford has released, tell me how that things will be so badly delayed that production would halt for well over a month longer than planned. That would mean all of the factory workers would be essentially laid off for a month (in addition to the time already given as vacation) just to wait for parts. No, trust me that did not happen. With all of the publicly available info, if anyone makes a claim that production has been delayed from the original start date of January 17/18 to sometime in March, when all newspaper articles and claims from Ford customer service paint a different picture, then I would say that they have a rather large burden of proof to show if they want to be taken seriously.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

How can i get in contact with someone from ford that can give me that kind of info?
Old 02-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #28

Ford customer service does generally not comment directly on the start date, or talk about other people's orders. When talking to them, just expect status updates on your own order. If you want to see their comments, just read a few other forums and you will run across them. If you want updates on your order then search for Deysha or Justin. They are members of a number of forums. Just PM them with your order number and dealer number from your VOC or DORA, and they can tell you how your car is doing. Mine is still waiting, but I do know people who either have had a car built or even shipped. To get the actual production start date, you will either have to wait for official stats to be given or search the forums. It is not really their job to directly comment on that. But like I have said, you can see for yourself what they have already posted. (Some of it has even been wrong or contradictory). Either way though, Deysha will be quick and accurate with status updates on your order.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #29

There is more news now. It is confirmed that Russ Milne dealership in Macomb, MI just got 3 2012 Mustangs in. This means they are moving. Dealers across the country will start seeing them on lots soon and retail orders will start being filled much more quickly.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #30

Thanks for the update and I am glad to hear things are starting to move. Now if I can just get a vin number and then a shiny new 2012 Cobra. Got the matchbox and poster, now just need the real thing. The may commit me for walking around air shifting and revving the engine.
Cobra Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

good info, didnt know when the 2012s would start coming out
Old 02-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Up-date, just received this e-mail from the dealer
"Your Mustang has been produced. The dealer ETA is 3/24/11, so if you want to plan on coming up here, let's go with right around the 1st of April, that will give us enough time to install the extras you want. Does this work for you?"
So it seems that it is produced) but I'm not sure why the delivery time has grown from 1-1/2 weeks to almost 4 weeks. Makes one wonder if all the truth is being told. Need to look up my paper work and see if any of the above information is on it so that I can confirm.
YET A MONTH AWAY
dacriss
Old 02-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

ford loves to halt stuff and the dealers have no choice but to wait, the good thing is they might have fixed something so look on the bright side.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Ya that is one of the reasons (the main one) why I waited untill the 2012 production cycle. I wanted a year of customer BETA testing done before I purchased mine. Hope they didn't fix things in the wrong direction like they did with the 7.3 power strokes (went from forged rods to compressed powder rods). The wait goes on.

On the plus side, the billet grill should be available by the time the car gets to the dealer.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #35

So no news on 2012 orders in almost a week? I am just want to get a VIN and a possible delivery date.
Cobra Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT