2010 GT at a great price, would you get it. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

Hey guys a large, local dealership is selling 2010 GTs for low 20s. Check out this (Boston Ford Dealer: New, Used and Certified Pre-Owned Models | Quirk Ford Massachusetts), in Massachusetts. I am still thinking of getting this instead of the 5.0 since I don't need all that hp and this 4.6L can still get around 400 crank. Which is enough for me.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSPOR911
Hey guys a large, local dealership is selling 2010 GTs for low 20s. Check out this (Boston Ford Dealer: New, Used and Certified Pre-Owned Models | Quirk Ford Massachusetts), in Massachusetts. I am still thinking of getting this instead of the 5.0 since I don't need all that hp and this 4.6L can still get around 400 crank. Which is enough for me.
Nothing is sweeter than a 2011!
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

Nobody ever needs that much hp
but its fun when you have it
lol
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
Nothing is sweeter than a 2011!
How sweet is it, the damn car salesman wouldn't let me open it up enough to know it's true capabilities. I might end up going to the dealership tomorrow for that $23000 2010gt. Since I am only looking for 500hp crank to be happy the 2010 with a Saleen or Roush, or even Edelbrock E force would still be around $29000. But I personally like NA. But I am soo tempted to get that 2010 GT because of the looks of the newer Gts and I can get it right now. Yes I have a problem with patience.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

Hold off........
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Hold off........
You guys are doing a great job at convincing me to wait. Now tell me the GT 5.0 turns into a transformer and that will really make me wait. LOL. I will hide my atm bank card tomorrow or travel without it. I still think I will test drive that 4.6 2010 for comparison. I forgot how slow a stock 4.6L 3v is at stock.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
jimbullit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 706
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

Suffice it to say: that's a fair price for a 2010 Premium GT-read:cheap . If you can afford the more expensive `11 model-I would also encourage you to get a 5.0-versus the 4.6. The 2011 V6 model-has the same horsepower as the `10 GT. If you 'just can't stop yourself' -you could get a 2011 V6. for close to that price.
__________________
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: Alabama
Posts: 6
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

get an 11, the extra money spent will be worth the fun numbers.
STANGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

you will regret it if you are a mustang lover and love to mod your cars, it may seem like plenty of hp now... but when I drive a vehicle with around 300hp now it just feels super slow. Its all about perception and you will grow and want more. Plus the resale value of the 2010 will be VERY bad thus dealerships cant even sell them lol.

Get the 2011 you wont be sorry.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
LbarJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Maryland
Posts: 112
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

hold off for the 11 5.0 the power is worth it and the track times and power they are getting with minimal mods is great .
LbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbarJ View Post
hold off for the 11 5.0 the power is worth it and the track times and power they are getting with minimal mods is great .
I like the look of yours. I am right now having issues with clutch and driveline of my 2007 gt. I am approx. a couple of thousand away from what I need for a trade in for the 2011gt plus I have the ford x plan on my side because of my job. But because of my issues with my 2007gt, I am scared that all GTs are like that. Do you guys have any clacking sound coming from underneath or maybe the diff area like I am. My 2007gt was involved in an accident even though stupid Carfax didn't catch it. I think and hope these issues are accident related and not custom issues for Mustang GTs. I also don't want to trade in so early for my 2011gt since there is still a lot of snow coming to Massachusetts. A friend of mine had her car rear ended last week.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSPOR911
I like the look of yours. I am right now having issues with clutch and driveline of my 2007 gt. I am approx. a couple of thousand away from what I need for a trade in for the 2011gt plus I have the ford x plan on my side because of my job. But because of my issues with my 2007gt, I am scared that all GTs are like that. Do you guys have any clacking sound coming from underneath or maybe the diff area like I am. My 2007gt was involved in an accident even though stupid Carfax didn't catch it. I think and hope these issues are accident related and not custom issues for Mustang GTs. I also don't want to trade in so early for my 2011gt since there is still a lot of snow coming to Massachusetts. A friend of mine had her car rear ended last week.
I've owned 4 GT's and have never had any of the problems your having. I'll guarantee it has to do with the accident. I've been driving my 2011 GT all winter and it's not bad in the snow, compared to my other mustangs. You have to turn the advanced trac off in the 2011's to have a little fun.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
you will regret it if you are a mustang lover and love to mod your cars, it may seem like plenty of hp now... but when I drive a vehicle with around 300hp now it just feels super slow. Its all about perception and you will grow and want more. Plus the resale value of the 2010 will be VERY bad thus dealerships cant even sell them lol.

Get the 2011 you wont be sorry.
Spec , don't forget you have the toque of that S/C
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 145
Re: 2010 GT at a great price, would you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
I've owned 4 GT's and have never had any of the problems your having. I'll guarantee it has to do with the accident. I've been driving my 2011 GT all winter and it's not bad in the snow, compared to my other mustangs. You have to turn the advanced trac off in the 2011's to have a little fun.
I know, even my 2007gt handles very well in snow with TC turned off as always and low thread Pirelli P Zero Neros. But I wouldn't be happy if someone hit my car because of tight parking areas. I am seeing a lot more hanging mirrors lately.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSPOR911
I know, even my 2007gt handles very well in snow with TC turned off as always and low thread Pirelli P Zero Neros. But I wouldn't be happy if someone hit my car because of tight parking areas. I am seeing a lot more hanging mirrors lately.
Now that u mention it I've seen a lot of hanging mirrors too. That's why I park all the way in the back and walk in to where I'm going. It's usually lazy people that hit ur car and they won't park in the back.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Mustang price help MVP u eNVy ME 2011-2014 Mustang GT 7 10-01-2010 05:30 PM
Paying the Price for a 2010 Mustang avtfury 2011-2014 Mustang GT 15 05-11-2009 09:36 AM
Great Price on LCD Brent The Bar 4 02-27-2009 08:27 AM
T56 for sale, sounds like a great price PureVenom The Bar 2 06-15-2005 10:14 PM
Great! Abosolutley Great! Domestic vs Import el cheapo Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 18 07-30-2003 12:16 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:06 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.