Install of the Boss 302 intake manifold! - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
I might need to take it out and see what its at but mike tuned it so Im just shifting at what he set it at. I know my factory shift light comes on for about 1 sec then it shifts.

Never been in an auto before but the autos have tachometers right?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
No mine is one of the rare ones that doesn't have one. Mine is in the trunk. My car is also a turbo diesel. And truthfully im not really interested in your comments so feel free to not answer my questions. I like to stick to dudes who seem to know what there talking about.(ie grabberblue5.0, Rapinator) This thread has over 280 comments and lots of them are people who think the Boss is not better. Every guys car is different as far as mods therefor the boss might be good for others but is it good for me? CA resident with cats & stock headers. From what I read supporting mods are what makes the boss really use its potential and help with loss in TQ down low. So you can act like im some dumb *** asking a dumb question or you can be like some of the other dudes who help and know what's best with the info I give. Ive driven my car 15 miles sense final tune so NO I don't know the precise RPM it shifts but I thought the 3 times I did drive it that it went to 7400. The car is down right now due to ****ty Eibach coil overs so I cant drive it to see right now. OH and im type O- if you need to know more info lol
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
grabber12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #283
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No mine is one of the rare ones that doesn't have one. Mine is in the trunk. My car is also a turbo diesel. And truthfully im not really interested in your comments so feel free to not answer my questions. I like to stick to dudes who seem to know what there talking about.(ie grabberblue5.0, Rapinator) This thread has over 280 comments and lots of them are people who think the Boss is not better. Every guys car is different as far as mods therefor the boss might be good for others but is it good for me? CA resident with cats & stock headers. From what I read supporting mods are what makes the boss really use its potential and help with loss in TQ down low. So you can act like im some dumb *** asking a dumb question or you can be like some of the other dudes who help and know what's best with the info I give. Ive driven my car 15 miles sense final tune so NO I don't know the precise RPM it shifts but I thought the 3 times I did drive it that it went to 7400. The car is down right now due to ****ty Eibach coil overs so I cant drive it to see right now. OH and im type O- if you need to know more info lol

Type O thats universal blood donor right? Lol

You got me though. Yeah I was a bit snarky in my replies. My bad.

Seriously though Roush was right. You probably shouldn't get it cuz unless your constantly above 6500 there's not reason at all to have a change in manifold.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Will it fit with my airaid intake? And do i need to buy the installation kit or you cam do it without it?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
yunior32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #285
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunior32 View Post
Will it fit with my airaid intake? And do i need to buy the installation kit or you cam do it without it?

Yes on the intake.

Install kit this is all you need
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...stallation-Kit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #286
Registered Member
Regular

How exactly would i place the hose, i dont see the part on the installation, i would highly appreciate it!

yunior32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:37 AM   #287
Registered Member
Regular

Why is it nobody has the engine cover kit for the boss manifold, I'm putting it in Saturday and can't find the sound defining foam that goes on the fuel rails.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:12 AM   #288
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Because it like $100 - something dollars for it lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:15 AM   #289
Registered Member
Regular

More like 160$ but I like how it looks. ..

Old 01-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
More like 160$ but I like how it looks. ..

Then get it and stop 👩ing.

Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #291
Registered Member
Regular

Because no vendors have them in stock...

Old 01-20-2015, 01:03 PM   #292
Registered Member
Regular

Would my BBK intake fit the manifold ?

2011 Mustang GTCS

BBK CAI

Lethal Performance Off-Road X-Pipe (kept my cats on)

DMH Performance Electric Cutouts

Flowmaster AxleBacks
v8erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #293
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I couldn't hold out any more and bought the Boss 302 intake manifold for my 2014 Mustang 5.0 Auto. Only other upgrades I have is a Steeda CAI + Tune and rear LCA's. I got it installed and the car felt good but when I looked at the datalog one thing has me a little worried. The knock sensor was adding timing and the spark advance got to 32 degrees at 6600 RPM. The temperature was a cold 40 degrees so that might have helped a lot. Last time I looked was with the stock intake and it was over 70 degrees out, only 25 degrees of timing.

This was with a MPT tune, I still have a Steeda tune to run. Should I be worried about how much timing advance there was? I run 10% ethanol gas.

Sorry for my Camaro photobombing the picture, car doesn't hide very well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00951.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	174679  
Old 02-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #294
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I am having issues getting the Airraid CAI lined up right. I took out the bolt holding the box to the wheel well. I can now tighten the clamp and it all comes together but seems like the stock outside air inlet and radiator shroud are preventing the Airraid CAI from being bolted down. Anyone experience this and have a suggestion?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #295
Registered Member
Regular

Might need to get with airaid and see if the can send you the special coupler they used on the Boss. I ordered the special tube from Steeda since mine wasn't lining up right and it looked goofy.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #296
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Might need to get with airaid and see if the can send you the special coupler they used on the Boss. I ordered the special tube from Steeda since mine wasn't lining up right and it looked goofy.

thanks man I appreciate the input. Gonna get with them now.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:17 PM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

Silicone Coupler ordered. Should make everything nice and snug perfect
Old 02-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #298
Registered Member
Regular

I had a shop install my Boss Intake and BBK throttle body. I have tunes from BAMA for this. The car is stalling ocassionally when I pull up to a stop light. I have a manual and seems to happen when get close and throw in neutral and not when downshifting. It takes a couple turns tog et it to start back up and smeels of gas even when windows up. Everything seems to be fine under hood. The mechanic has done all my stuff and has a good rep. He did say that there was a wire harness/clip that the original manihold used the boss does not? Anyone know if this is accurate? Other than that the only thing I can think of is that it is tunes. I also feel some increase in power. Definitely notice a quicker throttle response but I do not feel the big pull at 3500-4000rpm that most people report with the Boss
Old 02-09-2015, 08:55 AM   #299
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Data log the tune and send it to Bama. But in the end you'd be better off going with a different tuner. I'm not sure what you mean about the different wire harness?

I would also go back to the stock throttle body. Why everyone continues to think they're is any benefit with one is beyond me.

2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Automatic Sold

2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Automatic Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #300
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Data log the tune and send it to Bama. But in the end you'd be better off going with a different tuner. I'm not sure what you mean about the different wire harness?

I would also go back to the stock throttle body. Why everyone continues to think they're is any benefit with one is beyond me.
I have ordered an MPT tune. I wanted to be able to compare the two. Called BAMA and they gave me an idea. Said a sleeve in the airraid CAI might still be in there supposed to be gone and that might be doing it. If not going to datalog.

According to the mechanic there were two different wire clips going into the old TB and intake but only one attached to the new set up? I will try for pics tonight if there idea doesnt work
Old 02-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #301
Registered Member
Regular

Is he mistaking the EVAP solenoid plug for one that works with the throttle body?
Old 02-09-2015, 10:42 AM   #302
Registered Member
Regular

Has anybody also ever gotten a squealing noise after messing with the manifold? I'm getting one only at a certain throttle position. When I torqued the manifold bolts down I went off the FRPP instructions and did 89 in-lbs and then 90 degrees. I see everybody else just does the torque part, so I'm wondering if mine are over-tightened.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is he mistaking the EVAP solenoid plug for one that works with the throttle body?
There were 2 wire clips close together. One went to throttle body and it is attached to it. The other is in picture here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150209_124346.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	175096  
Old 02-09-2015, 11:54 AM   #304
Registered Member
Regular

That is the wires for the fuel purge solenoid (Chevy calls it EVAP). It has a hose that runs from the solenoid to the hose barb that had that green plug on it.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:24 PM   #305
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is the wires for the fuel purge solenoid (Chevy calls it EVAP). It has a hose that runs from the solenoid to the hose barb that had that green plug on it.

OK so it does need to be plugged in somewhere. I will Get under hood after work and find it and plug in. Thank you very much for this help. Do you know where I might find a diagram showing the Fuel purge solenoid? I am going to look online as well
Old 02-10-2015, 10:14 PM   #306
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I have a question about this intake manifold. Since it requires a tune what happens to the warranty like Ik most tuners allow you to return the settings to factory but don't you need the tune on with this manifold at all times I was possibly looking into buying one but I don't want to void the warranty just yet since I just got my gt a couple years ago.

AP5496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:14 AM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Yes it requires a tune. If you don't want to tune your car you can't use this manifold. Bye bye drivetrain warranty with a tune.

2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Automatic Sold

2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Automatic Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:58 AM   #308
Registered Member
Regular

It was the EVAC not hooked up properly on mine. Everything good to go now. Worked great last night and just loaded a new MPT tune so after today gonna really have some fun playing.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:02 AM   #309
Registered Member
Regular

Nice

Old 02-16-2015, 04:05 AM   #310
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
lol
Jstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:33 AM   #311
Registered Member
Regular

I had mine installed about a week ago. I am getting the code P0455 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (gross leak no flow) The Valve that wasn't attached when first installed is nor and the clip and such is all on it. Is it possible it could be reversed? Tried to maneuver a couple pics to illustrate.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	For ME.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	175670  
Old 02-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #312
Registered Member
Regular

just bumping hoping someone can help answer the post above this.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #313
Registered Member
Regular

Somebody on forum is looking for help I figured that you would know

Old 02-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

That line looks extremely kinked, like no flow kinked

Old 02-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #315
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That line looks extremely kinked, like no flow kinked

Thanks, that is an easy thing to test out I can just get a longer tube so the bend isn't so sharp. I hope it would be that easy. Like I was was thinking maybe i reversed the hoses

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT