New Headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #1

Region: Texas
New Headers

Okay well I finally got my Kooks long tube headers installed today. Along with it I had a custom dyno tune installed and had a few runs done up for comparison. Before my headers I had only a couple of minor bolt-ons to include: JLT CAI, 62mm TB and Steeda Under-drive pullies. All of these combined put me at 285 rwhp and 303 lbs of torque. After the headers were installed and the tune uploaded I have gained a satisfying 21 rwhp and 22 lbs of torque for final figures of 306 rwhp and 325 lbs of torque. Not bad for a few bolt-ons I am going to try and upload the stat sheets for "proof" and even a small video I was able to get of my car on the dyno. Thanks for everyone's support...I love this forum.
AmericanAirman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to MrTibbij
Re: New Headers

Pretty impressive man, how has it effected the overall sound of the car? Its gotta sound mean to be sure!

I have been looking at purchasing Kooks shorty headers, gotta keep the cats in dallas...stupid sniff test.
2011 Ruby Red w/ a Tinted Clear Coat GT California Special: Airraid CAI, Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-back Exhaust, SCT Performance Tune, 6 spd, HID Lamps, 3.73 Limited Slip, Confort, Security, Electronics Packages.
MrTibbij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #3

The beautiful thing is that kooks has a catted x-pipe option that's what iceberg on and the sound is crazy mean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

Nice! Did you install them yourself or did the place who tuned & dyno'd it install them? Did you get any coating on them? I just finished installing my Kooks long tubes coated in jet hot on my 05 GT the other day and I have to say it was FAR more difficult than the BBK long tubes I took off. I am sure its because the Kooks are equal length which takes up a lot more room and the BBK's were not. For some reason the catted H pipe wont be here till Tuesday so I have to wait till then to hear and feel them. Enjoy!
Jmeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #5

Yeah I had Dallas Mustang put them in. I'm usually comfortable doing my own work. But I was very wary about this project due to having to loft the engine up a bit to fit the headers in. I was stoked when everything was done. But now my engine is throwing P0420 and P0430 codes which have something to do with improper catalyst...does anyone know anything about these codes? Any advice is always appreciated.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAirman
Yeah I had Dallas Mustang put them in. I'm usually comfortable doing my own work. But I was very wary about this project due to having to loft the engine up a bit to fit the headers in. I was stoked when everything was done. But now my engine is throwing P0420 and P0430 codes which have something to do with improper catalyst...does anyone know anything about these codes? Any advice is always appreciated.
Interesting. When I had my car custom tunes for the BBK headers I no longer got codes. I assume I will have to get my car tuned again to the Kooks but a good tune will fix the problem. Usually the problem comes from the 02 sensors being slightly further down stream which causes a millisecond delay sending the signal to the computer and trips a code. I would take it back to where the tune was written and have them fix the tune.
Jmeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

I had the same codes on my 2011 gt after header install - I called Bama tunes and they sent me a new tune CEL gone - do you have cats or not ? I have the dynatech headers catted x and what Jmeo said + the hi flow cats not being stock causes the codes - apparently the BAMA tunes Race tunes turn off the 02 sensors but the performance and street tunes do not unless you specify headers and non stock mid pipe - any how just called em up and got a new tune
LbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT