2011 Mustang V6 Turn Signal Relay - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
Region: Arkansas
2011 Mustang V6 Turn Signal Relay

I would like to upgrade the my front turn signals from the factory incandescent bulbs to LED bulbs. To resolve the hyper-flashing issue, that's so common with this type of upgrade, I need to replace the turn signal relay. My owner's manual makes no mention of a turn signal relay let alone where it's located. I've gone so far as to contact the service department of SEVERAL local dealers to no avail. Could someone please help!

RadioFreeRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Region: Kentucky
Re: 2011 Mustang V6 Turn Signal Relay

Well it should be next to or in the fuse box under the dash but if you're only replacing the front you need the Led resistor from autozone or somewhere that sells led's that looks like this. there should be two in a pack with instructions.

Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Oregon
Re: 2011 Mustang V6 Turn Signal Relay

Most of the time it is not the relay you are after but the need for more resistance. Most cars use a capacitance discharge system with the light resistance. Changing the relay changes tha capacitance. Since the LEDs have a lower resistance, you add resistance. New car manufactures are now starting to use large scale intergration to control more. The newer Mustangs may do the same. If I remember correctly the rear tail lights are already LED. So your only option may be to install the resister. I would check other forums and see if anyone can come up with a wiring diagram.
dacriss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

2011 mustang