We were out at the track a few weeks ago with the 2011 5.0L automatic, dialing in some new suspension parts, everything came together and Rebecca ran a 10.000 at over 138 MPH. The 60’ time was a 1.436. She had many other 10.0x passes.
Since the last outing, we installed a PST carbon fiber driveshaft. This dropped the weight about 7lbs over the one piece steel PST shaft. This is on top of almost 20lbs we lost getting rid of the stock shaft.
We had also just installed a set of Afco double adjustable shocks in an attempt to get control of the rear end, they helped immensely.
The car 60 fts really well for just having J&M LCAs, relocation brackets, stock torque converter, and stock t-lok. We haven’t even messed with the UCA yet.
You can see how violent the launches are from this shot, the body twists all up, the low end of the TVS and the stock converter make for a very hard hitting combo.
We drove the car to and from the track, the M&Hs were down to the cord, so we will be looking for new tires soon.
The car has been getting progressively quicker, but we’ve just been doing little things here and there. The engine, trans, and torque converter are still totally stock. We have a 72mm pulley on the blower, through the stock airbox it makes 11-12psi, we’re pushing the stock fuel system pretty hard so we only run it with 110 or 112 race gas in this trim. If it had an upgraded fuel system I would not be afraid of pump gas though. Tune tweaks, suspension tweaks, good cool air this time of year in FL, etc, have all resulted in a well dialed in combo.