Don"t ask ford, they don't know - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Don"t ask ford, they don't know

Well as it gets closer to the delivery date of my Mustang (3-28) the dealer is still not able to get a P/N: for the Chrome Billet grille. I looked on line and the P/N: for the 2010 and 2011 V6 is BR3Z-8200-AB. My question to Ford parts this morning via online chat, was does this number still work for the 2012 V6. THEY DID NOT KNOW! All they could cross reference this number to was the GT replacement. THEY COULD NOT COME UP WITH A P/N FOR THE 2012 V6. Do you know what their solution to the problem is?
Go online and ask the mustang foams!
So there you go, if you want the latest information about the Mustang or what parts to get, don't ask Ford they don't know, ask the foams because they know more than the manufacture. Can you believe it? I was and am floored!
So does anyone know if the BR3Z-8200-AB is the correct grille for the 2012 Mustang V6?
Thank you
dacriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Don"t ask ford, they don't know

If the manufacture has not released catalog information then noone will know unless they have specifically used this part for the situation you are looking into. It is to be assumed the part would work, but minor changes could affect this.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
If the manufacture has not released catalog information then noone will know unless they have specifically used this part for the situation you are looking into. It is to be assumed the part would work, but minor changes could affect this.
..and I would say-they 'will release no part number, before it's time', as well.
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
This may have been good and well back in the day of pencils and paper ledgers, but in today market place with high speeed computer it is really questionable.
As for "unless they have specifically used this part for the situation you are looking into", this is the same application as the 2011 as the part was made and designed for. One would think that if a design change had been issued, then it would have made it to the parts sales before Jan 1st. Remember that for a design change to take place, many months of consideration have taken place.
Really you can only view this as Ford lacking (Not trying to knock Ford)and some department(s) not being well up to par.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit View Post
..and I would say-they 'will release no part number, before it's time', as well.
One would think that the time would be at the release of the model for a part that Ford listed for the same model a year before.

Anyone with real insight into Ford have some input?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacriss

This may have been good and well back in the day of pencils and paper ledgers, but in today market place with high speeed computer it is really questionable.
As for "unless they have specifically used this part for the situation you are looking into", this is the same application as the 2011 as the part was made and designed for. One would think that if a design change had been issued, then it would have made it to the parts sales before Jan 1st. Remember that for a design change to take place, many months of consideration have taken place.
Really you can only view this as Ford lacking (Not trying to knock Ford)and some department(s) not being well up to par.

Well your going to find this at any manufacture. I've been there to see it myself. They will eventually have the information you need. Best thing to do is call a local dealership not chat with some customer service guy behind a computer cubicle. He can only use what's presented to him though catalogs and paperwork. Have you ever looked at a parts catalog from a manufacture? Give it time. Some people expect things way too fast.
Also, design changes happen all the time that aren't even noted in documents or repair manuals and installation guides the coolant hose may route differently the radiator may be bigger the bumper may have additional tabs installed in diff places. Most of the time the change is based on need not months of consideration. Innovations for engineering flaws. Aftermarjet adaptability are usually the last things on their mind
Old 03-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacriss

One would think that the time would be at the release of the model for a part that Ford listed for the same model a year before.

Anyone with real insight into Ford have some input?
I work for a Ford and Dodge dealer. Im giving you real world answers. More than likely this part will cross over to the 2012. Although this is not 100% verifiable by me yet. (and obviously Ford customer service)
Old 03-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you Saleenfiend for your input.
Your a little miss guided in saying "any manufacture", as I'm the facility mgr at a nationally recognized OEM on the west coast. Yes we are a lot smaller than Ford, but can find an answer out. Yes if you had read the post, I started at the dealer but the dealer has not been able to find out the answer. The reason I went to the online chat is that in most (not all as seen by Ford) cases the online personnel have the latest info, not the dealer. Remember that catalogs take a longer time to up-date than cyberspace. What was surprising is that the online person had no other resources, but felt that forums would be better source of information. I was hoping that maybe someone in Ford might be monitoring and have the information.
All in all this is not a large deal in it's self, I was just hoping to have the grille installed before the protection package and the clear bra. One less trip to the dealer or install my-self.
I might see about ordering the grille and be the beta tester to see if the 2011 fits the 2012. I'll just have to see what the return policy is; hopefully the shipping charges.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacriss View Post
Thank you Saleenfiend for your input.
Your a little miss guided in saying "any manufacture", as I'm the facility mgr at a nationally recognized OEM on the west coast. Yes we are a lot smaller than Ford, but can find an answer out. Yes if you had read the post, I started at the dealer but the dealer has not been able to find out the answer. The reason I went to the online chat is that in most (not all as seen by Ford) cases the online personnel have the latest info, not the dealer. Remember that catalogs take a longer time to up-date than cyberspace. What was surprising is that the online person had no other resources, but felt that forums would be better source of information. I was hoping that maybe someone in Ford might be monitoring and have the information.
All in all this is not a large deal in it's self, I was just hoping to have the grille installed before the protection package and the clear bra. One less trip to the dealer or install my-self.
I might see about ordering the grille and be the beta tester to see if the 2011 fits the 2012. I'll just have to see what the return policy is; hopefully the shipping charges.
I'm not misguided at all. I'm giving you real world answers and examples. The Catalogs as you should know are usually months behind and most departments within the Manufacture will use this as the basis of their information - unless by chance they have another inside connection to this information. It is a shame that the customer reps within the manufacture do not have this information ready by the release of a newer model, but in time I'm sure they will (or will atleast be able to guide you in the correct direction for the answer - presumably the FORUMS lol)

I just think your Title was a little overstated as this is common within any manufacture thus explaining my edgy remarks.

All in all, the part will more than likely work. I don't see any significant changes that would affect a peice like this to not cross over year models. I read the OP originally but must have forgotten that you said you tried the dealer. See if you can buddy up with a local parts guy and atleast let him get the part for you to look at it before you purchase it. Just to size it up and compare against your car.

Also, your position is quite different, I assume you take pride in your work and are willing out of your own common courtesy and work ethic to solve this delemma for a curious customer. You can then use that information to apply within your own departments. I'm sure the local dealer was just too lazy and well the Customer Care Rep probably doesn't have the abillity or position in her cubicle to find out (although if she/he honestly cared enough she could contact the appropriate people to solve this issue)
Old 03-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well you can say you’re not misguided, but I disagree when you try and lump all (by using any) manufactures into this simple statement. No my title is not overstated. Remember that working at a Ford/Dodge dealer is not working for Ford but a franchise; a customer under contract with Ford. But not trying to make this a post between us, take a deeper look.
Ford has the left hand producing cars and the right hand selling parts/accessories. The point is that there is no head in between to communicate changes till well down the line. The fact seems to be that you have to go outside of Ford (the forms) to get the latest information. If anything this is a testament to how well the forms work. Yes the parts and accessory catalogs will eventually be up-dated. What is interesting is that the catalogs lag a change by almost a year. Remember that Ford is an ISO/OS company and this mean that any change has been started long before anyone sees it.
I have posted this question on other forums and the consensus is that the 2011 and 2012 are the same. I have contacted my dealership to see about ordering and returning if not acceptable. So I will bite the bullet and be the beta tester.
I can still be appalled after all the is Ford, not Chrysler/Dodge or GM, I would expect the others to be behind the ball.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacriss View Post
Well you can say you’re not misguided, but I disagree when you try and lump all (by using any) manufactures into this simple statement. No my title is not overstated. Remember that working at a Ford/Dodge dealer is not working for Ford but a franchise; a customer under contract with Ford. But not trying to make this a post between us, take a deeper look.
Ford has the left hand producing cars and the right hand selling parts/accessories. The point is that there is no head in between to communicate changes till well down the line. The fact seems to be that you have to go outside of Ford (the forms) to get the latest information. If anything this is a testament to how well the forms work. Yes the parts and accessory catalogs will eventually be up-dated. What is interesting is that the catalogs lag a change by almost a year. Remember that Ford is an ISO/OS company and this mean that any change has been started long before anyone sees it.
I have posted this question on other forums and the consensus is that the 2011 and 2012 are the same. I have contacted my dealership to see about ordering and returning if not acceptable. So I will bite the bullet and be the beta tester.
I can still be appalled after all the is Ford, not Chrysler/Dodge or GM, I would expect the others to be behind the ball.

Once again, I am far from misguided. I have worked for almost every major automobile manufacture at one point or another in my life. My statements are from real world examples and experience. (Ask Darkshadows if he could answer this question full heartedly about a 2012 Sentra grille -- I bet he doesn't have a catalog to reference, He may have an opinion that it will, but he can't guarantee that.) I am currently with an Automotive Group that has over 13 Different dealerships in Louisiana Alone and a handful of different franchisees. My point is that all manufactures have some form of a delay from the designing engineer's hands to the parts catalog (per se) In your case the manufacture may be small enough that the time frame is minute, but there is still somewhat of a gap. Multiply that on a scale the Size of WORLDWIDE FORD when compared to your OEM. My point is, Eventually the Parts and Service guy will be able to answer your question. (side note:Has anybody even taken delivery of the 2012 yet? ---just curious)

There is a process and procedure the individuals are following at Ford and the information will be available as soon as it can be. While it may be lengthy there are reasons.. probably more legal than practical

The truth is... Ford Does know. Your title is completely incorrect as you have basically pointed out in your previous statement. You have only spoke with a customer of Ford's in both examples (The Dealership or the outsourced rep from a contracted company with Ford Customer Care rep you spoke with)
I can bet you Dave Pericak or Tom Barnes knows. What's really left up for definition is... who is "Ford" at this point? The Rep, the parts counter @ a dealership, the engineer, Henry Ford, the assembly line worker?

I understand your frustration, as I've tried to stress the information will be available soon. As most manufactures do... I'm sure they are working fast to have this information available to you ASAP.

Lastly, to answer your question... I'm betting the peice fits.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Sniff sniff... Smells like GM in here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT