2011 Question- price and options - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
sherv33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Maine
Posts: 18
2011 Question- price and options

So I own a 2010GT Premium (sterling grey, 19" painted Alum, Comfort pckg, Security pckg, Accessery pckg 5). Love the car and the looks but want the power of the 2011. I am a big fan of how a car looks, not just perform.

I have been looking at options at a few local dealers.There is a new 2011 GT (black, Brembo Brake, 3.73) for $27,500. Seems like a great price. But I see drawbacks....It is a rapid spec 301a, not Premium (no sync, no leather), not the color I like. I feel like the situation has the potential for making sacrafices...power/perormance VS looks and wants. Of course, price/budget also plays a roll.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Sacrafice the items like sync, comfort, and overall appearance for power and performance? Or keep looking until I find something I like? FORD has moved on 2012's so pricing for 2011 should be fairly good (???), but finding what I exactly want might not be easy. Anyone not have a Premium (just the 301a)?
__________________
2010 Mustang GT (Ellie)- 5MT, JLT CAI, BAMA 91P Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder A/B
sherv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
fordfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 607
I waited till I found a good deal at my local dealer. If you find one with the options you want the dealer can find one in the color you want and get it for you. That's what I did.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
201150300A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: California
Posts: 33
Actually if you can get that 300A spec car , get it! That's what I bought!!!! I LOVE IT! If your in to performance, like me, all you need is horsepower, good brakes, and lightweight. Forget all the gadgets and leather, it cost more and slows you down. A mustang is a muscle car, Mine is exactly that, a 5.0, Black, 300A with 3:73 option and Brembo Package. Not made for an old man's comfort. At least that's my opinion, hope it helps. You can't go wrong at that price I got mine for $29,500 here in CA. Good luck.

P.S. From a collectors standpoint, only 7% of all 2011 Mustangs are 300A GTs , of which an even lower percent of this 7% are 300As with the Brembo Brakes(55D) and 3:73(457) options.
__________________
2011 Mustang GT - 5.0 - Black/Black -300A - Brembo Brake Option (55D) - 6-Speed - 3:73 (457) Under 30K & Fast as Hell! The way a mustang should be! Performance Parts: SCT Tuner, K&N Filter, Grabber Pony Black Cue Ball Shifter, Ford Racing SVT GT500 Axle Back Mufflers. Route 66 Speed Shop 55D Spring Kit http://www.Brembo50.com
201150300A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dodgers 5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 26
I was going to suggest supercharging/upgrading your engine and keeping the 2010...if you prefer the body changes on the 2011 then search for the same package to be available on a 2011 through nationwide dealers/inventory.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Black on Black aka "La Negra"
Dodgers 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
sherv33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Maine
Posts: 18
Re: 2011 Question- price and options

Quote:
Originally Posted by 201150300A View Post
Actually if you can get that 300A spec car , get it! That's what I bought!!!! I LOVE IT! If your in to performance, like me, all you need is horsepower, good brakes, and lightweight. Forget all the gadgets and leather, it cost more and slows you down. A mustang is a muscle car, Mine is exactly that, a 5.0, Black, 300A with 3:73 option and Brembo Package. Not made for an old man's comfort. At least that's my opinion, hope it helps. You can't go wrong at that price I got mine for $29,500 here in CA. Good luck.

P.S. From a collectors standpoint, only 7% of all 2011 Mustangs are 300A GTs , of which an even lower percent of this 7% are 300As with the Brembo Brakes(55D) and 3:73(457) options.
Ya, the one I was looking at is exactly like yours. I have not personally seen it or driven it. I am sure that will make a difference. It is all hindered on what I get back on the 2010, and i don't have high hopes for that. I definatley owe more than what they will give me.
__________________
2010 Mustang GT (Ellie)- 5MT, JLT CAI, BAMA 91P Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder A/B
sherv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
sherv33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Maine
Posts: 18
Re: 2011 Question- price and options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgers 5.0 View Post
I was going to suggest supercharging/upgrading your engine and keeping the 2010...if you prefer the body changes on the 2011 then search for the same package to be available on a 2011 through nationwide dealers/inventory.
Any suggestions on where to search for a 2011 similar to mine? I tried Ebay, Cars.com, Autotrader YouTube, etc. Can't seem to find a Sterling gray 2011 that has what I want. Do I ask a dealer to track it down?

I had thought about just buying out the 2010 I had, since I have already put money into it....if I buy a 2011, wouldn't be like paying $40K for the car (what I have already invested into the 2010 + payments for 2011)? I guess they are two different cars, from what everyone is saying.
__________________
2010 Mustang GT (Ellie)- 5MT, JLT CAI, BAMA 91P Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder A/B
sherv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
LbarJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Maryland
Posts: 112
Re: 2011 Question- price and options

+ 1 on the 300A that what I got too - plus the priemium Yellow Blaze tri coat metalic paint as only extra - cloth seats , no electronic seat stuff - brembo 373s - I love it .
LbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 2011 Question- price and options

wait a bit longer as the 2012s are on their way, when they get here the 2011s will get more rebates.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
That sounds like the model I bought, same price and everything... Honestly if I would have known about sync and the glowing cab lights on the premium I might have waited lol, but the 302 under the hood is definitely a "no regret" situation
__________________
2008 4.0 SOLD (I will miss my first stang forever)
2011 5.0 black on black with 3.73 manual and I still get over 26 mpg
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 199
I'm thinking of getting the 2010 bcz I would save 6k and I rlly wanted the glass roof. Anyone here have a 2010 v6? If yes can u plz tell me if thy r gd and fun to drive? Or are they too slow?
Mustang240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240
I'm thinking of getting the 2010 bcz I would save 6k and I rlly wanted the glass roof. Anyone here have a 2010 v6? If yes can u plz tell me if thy r gd and fun to drive? Or are they too slow?
I have one. I think its perfectly fast. Its obviously not gonna be as fast as a gt, but if ur using it as ur daily driver its perfectly fine. I love my 2010 sixxer.
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #12
Registered User
Newbie
 
sherv33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Maine
Posts: 18
Re: 2011 Question- price and options

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
That sounds like the model I bought, same price and everything... Honestly if I would have known about sync and the glowing cab lights on the premium I might have waited lol, but the 302 under the hood is definitely a "no regret" situation
Let me ask you a question, is this your daily driver? If so, have you invested in another set of tires? That is my concern with this, that it is a daily driver with summer tires...that won't last long, especially with cold/snowy weather.
__________________
2010 Mustang GT (Ellie)- 5MT, JLT CAI, BAMA 91P Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder A/B
sherv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherv33

Let me ask you a question, is this your daily driver? If so, have you invested in another set of tires? That is my concern with this, that it is a daily driver with summer tires...that won't last long, especially with cold/snowy weather.
Yup daily driver, has about 10k miles on it still with stock rims/tires. They don't look worn at all yet.
__________________
2008 4.0 SOLD (I will miss my first stang forever)
2011 5.0 black on black with 3.73 manual and I still get over 26 mpg
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:28 AM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
I think you should hold out til you find exactly what you want. They are out there. A perfect one will come along. Don't settle or 6 months from now you will be unhappy with your purchase and won't get full enjoyment out of the car. Jmo

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
jimbullit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 706
Re: 2011 Question- price and options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
I think you should hold out til you find exactly what you want. They are out there. A perfect one will come along. Don't settle or 6 months from now you will be unhappy with your purchase and won't get full enjoyment out of the car. Jmo

Built 2 Last TTT
`Agreed-it will be worth waiting for-getting the right car, that is . Yes-there are substantial differences , between the `10 and the `11-and it has zero to do with cosmetics. It's called a 5.0 Coyote. Put it this way-my `08 GT had the same engine, as the `10. I think I have better than 100 more horsepower to the rear wheels, now?
__________________
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 2011 GT. Looking for shifter options Kona 2011-2014 Mustang GT 17 12-11-2010 12:45 PM
2011 Mustang Build and Price rickf73 2011-2014 Mustang GT 9 04-29-2010 06:22 PM
2011 Prices and options now released! (info inside) SpectorV 2011-2014 Mustang GT 15 04-01-2010 09:53 PM
2011 5.0 Price? SVTCOBRA General Mustang Discussion 6 06-22-2009 09:01 PM
Mustang Paint options....a question Ghostbuster Mustang Audio & Video 1 05-08-2005 06:41 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:36 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.