A 2011 mustang gt future collectors car ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: California
Smile A 2011 mustang gt future collectors car ?

First let me say I didn't buy my Mustang to collect. I bought it to be driven and enjoyed. Not as a museum piece that sits idle like many speculators have done in the past and can now be seen on eBay for $60,000+.

When I did buy my Mustang there was only one way I wanted it it.
A 5.0 that was light fast and cheap. I didn't want luxury or a final price of $42,000.

I wanted basically a "stripper". Like an 5.0 LX notchback or a 281A GT(S) from 1996. I have had both.

Well I got what I wanted. A 2011 5.0 with 300A spec , Brembo Brakes Package and 3:73 gears and of course it had to be black. I paid $29,500. It is worth every penny!

But after speaking to various friends and reading post on the Mustang Message Boards. I realized that it would be neat to find out how many people were thinking like me.

People who believed in the "Cheap, Fast & Fun" formula that the original 5.0 gave us. Or as my dad would say, a car that a "drag racer would buy". Better yet, a car that was the BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!

I contacted Ford Motor Company and asked if they could provide me with a complete breakdown of the production of the 2011 Mustang with options and Total Production. WOW!!!! They actually gave me the information and provided it quickly.

So after using their 9 page chart and calculating percentages of the options here is what I concluded about my car. (

with my Options

5.0 Coupes : 21,296
6-Speed: 7,475
300 A Rapid Spec: 1,013
Brembo Package : 193
3:73 Gears: 65
Black : 20

I have to say I was rather surprised that only so few were made. Hell, after seeing that Galpin Ford (SoCal) is asking $90,000 ($45,000 dealer add on) for a new 2012 Boss 302, I can't telll you how giddy I feel. Not to mention how many Boss 302 will be made? There will sure be more of them, then my not so special but rare 2011 5.0. But hey who cares, I'm not a collector. I just love Mustangs. But I guess it still feels cool to have something "rare".

Hey 2012 Boss 302 Collectors, I have a car that you can buy from me for $100,000 and they only made 20 of them! LOL!!!!

2011 Mustang GT - 5.0 - Black/Black -300A - Brembo Brake Option (55D) - 6-Speed - 3:73 (457) Under 30K & Fast as Hell! The way a mustang should be! Performance Parts: SCT Tuner, K&N Filter, Grabber Pony Black Cue Ball Shifter, Ford Racing SVT GT500 Axle Back Mufflers. Route 66 Speed Shop 55D Spring Kit http://www.Brembo50.com
201150300A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Region: Texas
Re: A 2011 mustang gt future collectors car ?

congrats? Either way you have a sweet ride.

DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to MrTibbij
Re: A 2011 mustang gt future collectors car ?

To answer your question its probably not a short term gem like a crossfire or other car with extremely limited production (crossfire still has some years but there are fewer than 2500 srt6's left), but the car is the beginning of a new era! With that said, ford has a tendency to allow the car to run its course for four to five years, and with the number of mustangs that get sold each year it will be some time before these are ever valued as collectors items.

Compare the production and sold numbers to the Challenger, and the challenger is looking much more enticing in the collectors market for the future. I believe, dont quote me on this, total numbers for 2010 model year marked the challenger 13,500, camaro 95,000, and mustang 87,000...errr something like that. I read an article about it last month.

Still an amazing car and I love both new engines, even though im pissed that they actually offer the performance package on the v6 now >.<
2011 Ruby Red w/ a Tinted Clear Coat GT California Special: Airraid CAI, Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-back Exhaust, SCT Performance Tune, 6 spd, HID Lamps, 3.73 Limited Slip, Confort, Security, Electronics Packages.
MrTibbij is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

2011 mustang