Sct flash fail - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Sct flash fail

So I recently got 2 tunes from THE Jon Lund and I got a 93 street tune and a 93 street cammed tune. The cam tune worked fine but I tried re flashing with the regular street tune and now my car won't start. It says incorrect vehicle when I try to load another tune and I can't re stock it either. Will detaching the negative battery lead help? Any advice will be appreciated.
LaFlamaBlanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Sct flash fail

Can you reload the cammed tune and it will start and run fine?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Can you reload the cammed tune and it will start and run fine?
Nope. I tried everything I had on the tuner. I'm gonna try to disconnect the negative lead and let it sit for like 30 minutes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlamaBlanca
So I recently got 2 tunes from THE Jon Lund and I got a 93 street tune and a 93 street cammed tune. The cam tune worked fine but I tried re flashing with the regular street tune and now my car won't start. It says incorrect vehicle when I try to load another tune and I can't re stock it either. Will detaching the negative battery lead help? Any advice will be appreciated.
Damn... Sounds like the SCT device got corrupted if it won't let you change tunes all of a sudden and doesn't recognize the vehicle.

Worst case scenario borrow an sct that isn't vin locked and grab a stock tune from another 5.0 or load your lund cammed tune since that one works.

Sct should replace yours since it sounds like that's the issue and not the tune itself, I'd contact both vendors though. If it IS the tune (doubt it) they can send you a new one.

Makes me want to stay stock to be honest...
Old 04-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Sct flash fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlamaBlanca View Post
Nope. I tried everything I had on the tuner. I'm gonna try to disconnect the negative lead and let it sit for like 30 minutes
Let us know how it goes.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

Damn... Sounds like the SCT device got corrupted if it won't let you change tunes all of a sudden and doesn't recognize the vehicle.

Worst case scenario borrow an sct that isn't vin locked and grab a stock tune from another 5.0 or load your lund cammed tune since that one works.

Sct should replace yours since it sounds like that's the issue and not the tune itself, I'd contact both vendors though. If it IS the tune (doubt it) they can send you a new one.

Makes me want to stay stock to be honest...
I have emailed jon lund AND sct but I won't hear back till at least monday...i hope the battery disconnect works.....
Old 04-23-2011, 02:02 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlamaBlanca

I have emailed jon lund AND sct but I won't hear back till at least monday...i hope the battery disconnect works.....
Plug the sct back into your computer and see if it communicates with that, at least it might narrow down the issue. If it seems fine the battery disconnect might work, then check that the connections are fine when you plug back into the car
Old 04-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Sct remote accessed my device through my laptop this morning.....works like a charm now! Be sure u guys have that latest firmware updated on your tuners AND flash the ecu when sct is open lol
Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so I got my dyno and it was lower than I expected....whatever. What pissed me off was that right before I got home the car died....twice! Had a battery light and the oil light (the one that looks like a gravy boat). turned the key off and it started up tho. Checked all connections. None seemed to be loose. Pushed on all relays and fuses but nothing seemed loose. What happened? I have a Jon Lund tune in it right now that I tuned last friday and the sct tuner I have lost the vin and my car wouldn't start at all after. Couldn't even re stock it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT