Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Suggested lowering kits

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Kpd3014 
#1 ·
Does anyone have suggestions on a lowering kit for the 2011 GT? Looking to give my 5.0 a more threatening stance. Plus, those who have lowered, have you seen increases in gas mileage?

#7 ·
@ gtstyles2,If you have a question about struts and springs for your vechile please start a new thread with questions specific to your vehicle. We dont wanna hijack the original thread starter and leave him with no answers,thanks.

@Poloka,20x10 in the rear even with a 1.5 drop will leave you pleanty of room with no worries.You will of course need a 35 or 30 sidewall.40 sidewall will close up the gap more but Im not 100% if you will have rubbing issues with that size if lowered.

#8 ·
Thanks DDTCM! Figured I would run 285/35ZR20 like on the GT500. My end goal is to create a stage 3 Roush but influences from the GT500 but still want my one of a kind horse pounding machine.

#10 ·
SpectorV said:
I know for 05-09 MANY use eiback pro kit and get good results without a super harsh ride.
Followup question. Pro-kit or sportline from Eibach? And really what is the advantage with the pro? The sportline says it drops 2" on the rear. That scares me when wanting to go to 285 on the rear. Anyone drop with these and have any issues?

#11 ·
my friend has 20x10s on the rear of his 06 GT and its dropped VERY low with the sportlines and he is fine, the rear fenders are rolled on the new ones unlike mine....

Its ALL about the offset/backspacing that matter. He has 295s on the rear as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.