Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Body kit thoughts

6K views 61 replies 20 participants last post by  JohnnyMustang 
#1 ·
K, I've been looking around at different body kits for my 2011 GT 5.0 and come across a few and wondered if anyone had one of these kits and the reviews on these. The first is the Boy Racer from 3dCarbon [1]. I really like the lines and the aggressive look the kit provides. The second is the C-Series from Cervini's [2]. However, have to find something different for the sides since they don't have anything listed for the 2011. I like the ducktail from the C-Series for a spoiler so wonder how the car would look with the 3dcarbon front and rear but with the ducktail spoiler.

Anyway, just wondering everyone's thoughts on these as well as other suggestions that make the car look screaming while standing still.

[1] Ford Mustang 3dCarbon Style Kits | 3dCarbon Website
[2] https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1226

#5 ·
You and I are the odd ones out lol, I like the boy racer kit because it eliminates that stock ford unpainted stuff (although you could just paint it if you wanted) and the front end does have an aggressive Shelby-esque look and it's way affordable too.

I LOVE the cervinis kit but not on the 2011, it looked awesome on the 05 but the 2010+ already have the same style hood (but not as dramatic) and much more detail than the 05 so it looks a bit much on the new cars... Too much going on already to add that. I considered doing the front fascia only from the cervinis site but with foglights and grilles it costs more than the entire boy racer kit.

#15 ·
That's really his neighbor's car...

:D

#18 ·
Stupidfast5.0 said:
So, you want a "700+ rwhp" car rolling on 22's with a body kit?
550 RWHP on 20" is what I plan. Also plan on 285 on rear but one day might swap the rear and eventually run 315. But at that point it won't be a daily driver. So for right now I just want a stang that will knock the socks off 99% of the cars on the road and sound bada$$! And want to stay under warrantee until it is up.

#20 ·
I was looking at bodykits as well. I have bought the Saleen hood and it's getting painted right now. I'll post picks when it's done. I think for the front if you are going to change it and not go with a OEM ford kit like CS or GT500, then the roush front bumper looks the best. For the rear I kinda like the Cervini rear with no cut outs. Wonder if you could rum a muffler delete with that rear and just put dumps on it. Might sound nasty and look clean

#22 ·
Kpd3014 said:
I was looking at bodykits as well. I have bought the Saleen hood and it's getting painted right now. I'll post picks when it's done. I think for the front if you are going to change it and not go with a OEM ford kit like CS or GT500, then the roush front bumper looks the best. For the rear I kinda like the Cervini rear with no cut outs. Wonder if you could rum a muffler delete with that rear and just put dumps on it. Might sound nasty and look clean
Love the Saleen hood! Definitely post pics, you doing hood pins with it? Might need em with that

#24 ·
I putting the hood on tonight and just installed the boss302 front splitter. I will post pics when done, I don't think it's going to need pins. The hood is really good quality and not flimsy at all. The test fit before paint was good so i am hoping I don't need them. I like the clean look without.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.