Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Borla S type axleback install

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  jimbullit 
#1 ·
I just installed my new Borla s type axleback, love the way it sounds. But I noticed my left muffler is hanging lower than normal and there's now way for me to adjust that unless I have a tighter, smaller rear hanger. Anyone with this same setup?

#5 ·
Two things can be done. Take it off and take a hammer and torch heat the hanger and bend it yourself or take it to an exhaust shop have them cut and rewelding the hanger in the position you want it :)

#7 ·
I never could get enough adjustment out of my pypes system after refitting it over 5 times. I just decided to cut and weld. Problem solved :)

#8 ·
Ok, I read in other forums about the tailpipe coming out more, I don't have that problem. One just hangs substantially lower than the other, but I will try to see what's behind the h-pipe, maybe I can adjust from there. Welding the hooks seems like a good idea, but that'll be last resort if I can't figure it out. Thanks for all the feedback :)

#12 ·
Dan-always helpful ;).. I loosened up the mid-pipe connection when the axlebacks were installed-easier to slip the axlebacks on-and there was a slight difference, with alignment :uhh:...I may have to try this and fool around with it some more.. Perfectionism, can be a 'mixed bag'..

:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.