Eibach Pro-Kit Springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

I purchased my first mod for my Mustang and wanted to know if anyone had some tips for installation? And roughly how long it took for the install?
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kpd3014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 728
It usually takes about 2 hours if you are familiar and take your time. If you have access to aloft it makes it 10 times easier.
The back is the easiest, takes about 10 minutes. Drop the lower shock bolt ensuring you have something supporting the rear end. Once they are disconnected lower the rear slightly and pull both springs out. Replace and reinstall.
The front once you get the front brakes hanging off the rotors and take off the top for strut assembly bolts and lower shock bolts be careful when compressing the springs. Pretty easy stuff really. Made even easier if you have impact tools.

If this link works it's a great install how to from another mustang forum. Even though it's an 05-09 the steps are the same overall.
http://www.google.com/m/url?client=s...3xk1HgPAJiWLkw
__________________
2012 GT500 PP, NAV, SSW exhaust, BMR lowering springs
Kpd3014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
What about cam bolts? Ive heard I may need some for alignment. Should I bring my own or do dealers have 'em?
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kpd3014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 728
I bought the BMR lowering springs and the cam bolts. I installed the springs an when I took it to get the alignment done I gave the bolts to the guys and they installed them with the right amount of camber/caster. I was going to buy the full caster plates but the guy here said they werent that far out.
__________________
2012 GT500 PP, NAV, SSW exhaust, BMR lowering springs
Kpd3014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

If your jack is placed under the front lower control arm, this will slightly compress the spring and allow removal of the upper strut nut without movement of the spring.
LRS has a great write up and its what I used to walk me through.


2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Ford Racing Lowering Springs Install - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
If your jack is placed under the front lower control arm, this will slightly compress the spring and allow removal of the upper strut nut without movement of the spring.
LRS has a great write up and its what I used to walk me through.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Ford Racing Lowering Springs Install - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here
Thanks! I ran across that blog. Just been so used to breaking out the strut coil compressor. Most likely will take care of this next weekend. That is if my springs come in the mail before Friday.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Are you only changing the springs? I don't know mustangs well, but wouldn't it be harsh ride if you don't also change the struts/shocks?? I plan to do a eibach pro kit upgrade in the future as well but I don't want to lose the ride
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2
Are you only changing the springs? I don't know mustangs well, but wouldn't it be harsh ride if you don't also change the struts/shocks?? I plan to do a eibach pro kit upgrade in the future as well but I don't want to lose the ride
I'm going to find out. My Ford Racing expert at the dealership informed me that the stock struts are okay for now but don't 'need' to be upgraded and my ride should be about the same. If I went with the sportline kit things would have been rough. But once I pick a suspension package I'll be replacing everything.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Do you expect it to ride like a cadillac?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Do you expect it to ride like a cadillac?
Mine rides like a caddy, with bad shocks and struts and springs
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Do you expect it to ride like a cadillac?
Nope. But since I'm just toying around I figure I'll find out. Now if it is an extremely rough ride in comparison to stock then yeah, I'm going to have some beef with my dealer cause i'd swap out the strut while I've got it out. But if I have to go back in after it's no big deal. Trial and error on what I like.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Its not that bad unless ur a old fart with arthritis.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
I went through alot with dropping in the past with my older cars.... It's best to do the full spring/shock setup from the beginning so u won't go thru more headaches later
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
LSUstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 144
Send a message via AIM to LSUstang
Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

+1
__________________

-2004 Mach 1 "Natasha"- JL Audio W6 w/ custom box, 8000K HIDs, Sequential signals, StangHi tune, Borla Stingers with catted X, deck lid & lower valence, C&L intake package, H&R Super Sports
-2001 White Vert V6- Sold
LSUstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kpd3014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 728
I can tell you on the 05 i had the pro kit installed with just the springs and the ride definitely suffered. I went with the sportline on my wife's and the ride was stiff also. I have found that with eibach you should change both at the same time if you really care about the ride. If you don't mind feeling the bumps, and just want the stance then don't worry about the shocks.
__________________
2012 GT500 PP, NAV, SSW exhaust, BMR lowering springs
Kpd3014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpd3014
I can tell you on the 05 i had the pro kit installed with just the springs and the ride definitely suffered. I went with the sportline on my wife's and the ride was stiff also. I have found that with eibach you should change both at the same time if you really care about the ride. If you don't mind feeling the bumps, and just want the stance then don't worry about the shocks.
What shocks would you pair with the pro-kit?
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
I guess to work best I should get the pro-dampers to work with the springs. I'll get those. First I want to feel the ride differences. I'll let you know my thoughts.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kpd3014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 728
Cool good luck
__________________
2012 GT500 PP, NAV, SSW exhaust, BMR lowering springs
Kpd3014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka
I guess to work best I should get the pro-dampers to work with the springs. I'll get those. First I want to feel the ride differences. I'll let you know my thoughts.
Definitely let us know how the ride is, I wouldn't just change the springs only. My last car I finally did it correct, I had the eibach pro-kit paired with KYB struts on a Maxima and I was very happy with it... It took 3 overhauls to finally learn that u should do the whole setup at once. I just want to know what shocks/struts are good on mustangs since this is my first mustang.
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
FireRescueBRFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 134
I would not do it myself, I did it on my 2001 Gt it's easier on the newer mustangs but it's not worth it IMO 3 hours of labor couple hundred dollars or so and it's professionally done your axles is still centered u don't mess anything up and can get alignment done immediately just my two cents
FireRescueBRFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRescueBRFD
I would not do it myself, I did it on my 2001 Gt it's easier on the newer mustangs but it's not worth it IMO 3 hours of labor couple hundred dollars or so and it's professionally done your axles is still centered u don't mess anything up and can get alignment done immediately just my two cents
It was a debate. But now adding the shocks I'll save what I'll pay for an alignment. Good thing the dealer is less than 5 miles away so shouldn't chew up the PZeros. Need to find a good site to get the shocks.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kpd3014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 728
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-And-Strut-Kit
__________________
2012 GT500 PP, NAV, SSW exhaust, BMR lowering springs
Kpd3014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpd3014
Damn, bought springs for $200 but struts alone are $500. Could have saved $50 with the kit. Oh well. Thanks for the link!
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Tried ordering the shocks/struts today and seems the pro-dampers are popular and out of stock till 22nd. Found them at AutoAnything for under $400. Once I get them ordered I'll get them on and give my evaluation.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Installed my new springs w/o new shocks cause tired of waiting for them to be in stock. Ride feels same. Lucked out on alignment that the caster was in spec. For some reason even though a 2011 mustang the vin brought up a 2010 alignment specs. Kind of odd. Is this an issue to be concerned with? Even my title notes 2011. And does the rear numbers look good? Since a solid rear nothing to change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-327334207.png
Views:	289
Size:	933.2 KB
ID:	28377   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3873176436.png
Views:	260
Size:	927.0 KB
ID:	28378  

__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka
Installed my new springs w/o new shocks cause tired of waiting for them to be in stock. Ride feels same. Lucked out on alignment that the caster was in spec. For some reason even though a 2011 mustang the vin brought up a 2010 alignment specs. Kind of odd. Is this an issue to be concerned with? Even my title notes 2011. And does the rear numbers look good? Since a solid rear nothing to change.
Cool, so the ride wasn't even a bit stiffer? I guess these new mustangs already have sport tuned dampers.... Hopefully over time the new height won't wear out the dampers out prematurely... This is most likely the next mod I wanna do cuz I hate the gap in rear wheels... I just don't want to ruin the ride and keep changing things, I just want to do it one time the right way!! Would u be able to post pics of the new stance??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

Cool, so the ride wasn't even a bit stiffer? I guess these new mustangs already have sport tuned dampers.... Hopefully over time the new height won't wear out the dampers out prematurely... This is most likely the next mod I wanna do cuz I hate the gap in rear wheels... I just don't want to ruin the ride and keep changing things, I just want to do it one time the right way!! Would u be able to post pics of the new stance??
Wasn't stiffer which I was surprised. Ride felt good. I'll pull some corners to see if any sway when I take it back out later plus get a full shot. Forgot to take a good before side pic. As for dampers, figure I planned to replace the shocks anyways so if they wear out early... oh well. And as easy as it was to get them out w/o spring compressor it shouldn't be an issue to go back in. Literally, I had each front wheel off then back on in under 30 minutes with using a stand and jack. Hardest part was realizing I didn't have the 21mm 1" drop wrench. Had up to 20 in one set and another started at 22. Wasn't happy and couldn't find a shop around that carried one. So I'll order my two missing wrenches. The standard 21mm was too fat to get down and hold the tower bolt while turning the 13mm strut top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1477737335.png
Views:	1022
Size:	787.2 KB
ID:	28379   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-796821113.png
Views:	372
Size:	844.4 KB
ID:	28380  

__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka

Wasn't stiffer which I was surprised. Ride felt good. I'll pull some corners to see if any sway when I take it back out later plus get a full shot. Forgot to take a good before side pic. As for dampers, figure I planned to replace the shocks anyways so if they wear out early... oh well. And as easy as it was to get them out w/o spring compressor it shouldn't be an issue to go back in. Literally, I had each front wheel off then back on in under 30 minutes with using a stand and jack. Hardest part was realizing I didn't have the 21mm 1" drop wrench. Had up to 20 in one set and another started at 22. Wasn't happy and couldn't find a shop around that carried one. So I'll order my two missing wrenches. The standard 21mm was too fat to get down and hold the tower bolt while turning the 13mm strut top.
Lol must suck not to have the exact socket u need, especially once your into the job... But at least u got it done, plus its good to know the work wasnt extremely difficult the but the drop is perfect I can't wait to do mine, which dampers were u trying to get? I guess if the stock dampers wear out quick, I guess I wont notice right away since this isn't my daily driver
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2
which dampers were u trying to get? I guess if the stock dampers wear out quick, I guess I wont notice right away since this isn't my daily driver
Being my daily driver I'll find out how quick they do wear. I was looking at Eibach's pro dampers. But I like the Roush suspension upgrades. I'd like to see how the stage 3 suspension feels. Figure it would be more rigid but don't know until you try or know someone with the upgrade.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka

Being my daily driver I'll find out how quick they do wear. I was looking at Eibach's pro dampers. But I like the Roush suspension upgrades. I'd like to see how the stage 3 suspension feels. Figure it would be more rigid but don't know until you try or know someone with the upgrade.
That's exactly what I was looking at... The stage 2 kit, I figure if I take the plunge, I might as well go for that setup. But I havent seen any reviews on it... That's why I'm taking my time on what to pick... Money is tight, so I wanna do it the right way the 1st time
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Well, with recently paved onramps around my area I pulled some hard turns. No roll. Feels good and tight so impressed with the springs. Wish I had a G gauge like the vette but either way felt good and solid on very hard cornering. Next I'll upgrade to solid control arms and urethane bushings.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #32
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Car looks good Polka,that drop really changes the look of the car. Might wanna look into a adjustable panhard bar due to the rear end shifting over just a tad. It just drives some people crazy but I barely notice it and will get the adjustable panhard a little later down the line. I think some LCAs are next on my list.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Car looks good Polka,that drop really changes the look of the car. Might wanna look into a adjustable panhard bar due to the rear end shifting over just a tad. It just drives some people crazy but I barely notice it and will get the adjustable panhard a little later down the line. I think some LCAs are next on my list.
To driver or passenger side? Guess I should just get under there and look to which way it would push. Is it trial and error for getting an adjustable right or do the bars come with recommendations on settings per spring setup? What bar is recommended?
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #34
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

No need to crawl underneath it. You can look at the rear tires one at a time and you will see that one side will poke out a litte further than the other. Any brand will do just get a quality adjustable panhard bar.

Here is a tech write up for the install.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-...on-w-pics.html
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

So you'd recommend steeda over a ford racing or BMR panhard bar and brace? Just wondering what my options are and is there really a difference in them?
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Eibach Pro-Kit DarkShadows Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 7 06-16-2009 12:32 PM
frpp c or eibach pro kit carlosc Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 01-19-2009 10:18 AM
Eibach Pro kit SVT_99_Cobra Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 2 06-09-2005 01:05 AM
eibach pro kit springs cagedthought Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 01-25-2005 10:33 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:08 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.