Please Help!! Whistling when pressing gas pedal - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Ohio
Re: Please Help!! Whistling when pressing gas pedal

Originally Posted by FireRescueBRFD View Post
No they say it's not even worth buying with the 302 manifold ill get the article
I took a completely different meaning from the article than you did ...

"Take one look at the power curve on the Boss 302 pull and you know this thing is working. Compared to the stock intake and stock throttle body, it boosted peak power by 31 to 468 rwhp. It gives up a bit down low, but from the midrange on up, it takes off like a rocket all the way to the rev limiter. UPR also added a Boss intake and L&M throttle body to its automatic '11 GT with an Airraid CAI and stock exhaust. It topped out at 447 rwhp."

Read more: 2012 Boss 302 Intake Test Dynograph Photo 18

My 2c - These are other common mods that most people putting on a Boss intake manifold would do. They also stated that the TB gave less of a benefit with the Boss intake than the stock, so my interpretation was that maybe the TB isn't really worth buying if you get the Boss intake manifold.

Edit - I read it closer and it looks like they had an off road h-pipe and exhaust. Still relatively common mods, but running cats might cost you a bit. I still think it's worth it for the better power curve and gains for a small amount of money.

Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT