Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Cloth seats or Leather

11K views 70 replies 29 participants last post by  avengnd 
#1 ·
My new car purchase is still pending on selling my ZX10 and because the price of the car and what my notes might be I have now been thinking about getting just the cloth seats instead of leather. I know the premium package has leather and the shaker 500 stereo, can I get the shaker 500 with cloth seats and if not is the stock stereo any good ?

Thanks...

#2 ·
Oh if you have the cloth seats do you have any regrets on not getting the premium package, I just think they look cheep ?

Thanks again...

#3 ·
It depends how big u are on interiors... To me I think interiors are extremely important, that's what swayed me to get the mustang premium package... The ambient lighting and multi colors are awesome!! When looking at the mustangs make sure u check them both out b4 making your decision, it's a night and day difference between basic GT and. Premium GT.... Good luck on your search

#7 ·
I test drove both interior treatments-when I was still shopping. I did not care for the feel of the cloth. It felt coarse and unrefined:uhh:. It also seemed like the leather buckets felt better ergonomically. I haven't had a cloth interior, since I had two different Focus wagons, in my driveway. All of my Mustangs/Cobras/MaCh1/40th Anniversary edition, were all leather. As it has also been pointed out-you will be able to see what others have said, and what I saying. `Pretty big difference. The stereo is decent. It really pisses me off that my `08 had a 6 disc changer, and my 36000+ dollar 5.0, has a single slot:mad:... Good luck. They're great cars-whichever way you decide to go.

#62 · (Edited)
I test drove both interior treatments-when I was still shopping. I did not care for the feel of the cloth. It felt coarse and unrefined:uhh:. It also seemed like the leather buckets felt better ergonomically. I haven't had a cloth interior, since I had two different Focus wagons, in my driveway. All of my Mustangs/Cobras/MaCh1/40th Anniversary edition, were all leather. As it has also been pointed out-you will be able to see what others have said, and what I saying. `Pretty big difference. The stereo is decent. It really pisses me off that my `08 had a 6 disc changer, and my 36000+ dollar 5.0, has a single slot:mad:... Good luck. They're great cars-whichever way you decide to go.
lol join the new age and buy an ipod. I havent listened to a CD in a car for 3-4 years now.

#12 ·
Leather, I feel, is easier to maintain than cloth. You wont need to shampoo leather to bring back its lustre. My car is 8 years old and a DD. I use leather conditioner 2 to 3 times a year as needed to keep it from cracking or fading and the seats still look nearly new!!

#21 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, now i just need to sell my 2011 ZX10 in fact i could not find my post on that bike in the for sale section here ?

#26 ·
Update here the dealer I was working with would not work with me. I had a 2011 Toyota Tacoma TSS Sport Series that I had paid $24000 something for this past January and they would only give me $22500 for it and a not so great intrest rate. So i drove around town and there were no other mustangs in my area so I stopped by my local Chevy dealer to just look at the new Camaro SS and next thing I know there giving me $25000. for my truck and discounting a 2011 SS with the #2SS Package. This thing is fully loaded even with the heads up display 20" wheels with Brembo brakes on all 4 wheels 275/40 series tires all leather any ways now I own a SS, please no bashing.

#27 ·
rm2092 said:
Update here the dealer I was working with would not work with me. I had a 2011 Toyota Tacoma TSS Sport Series that I had paid $24000 something for this past January and they would only give me $22500 for it and a not so great intrest rate. So i drove around town and there were no other mustangs in my area so I stopped by my local Chevy dealer to just look at the new Camaro SS and next thing I know there giving me $25000. for my truck and discounting a 2011 SS with the #2SS Package. This thing is fully loaded even with the heads up display 20" wheels with Brembo brakes on all 4 wheels 275/40 series tires all leather any ways now I own a SS, please no bashing.
May the bashing commence >:]

#28 ·
I really wanted a Mustang but the deal was so good on the Camaro I could not pass up plus giving me more then I paid for it and I was on in my loan for 6 months on the truck it was a no brainer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.