Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Panhard Bar and Rod Support Suggestions

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  poloka 
#1 ·
After installing my Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, it was pointed out to me that my rear end would be slightly off center. After looking, sure enought it was. So in looking at various panhard bar and rod support options, I wanted to throw it out to the group to what was your all's experiences and recommendations. Looks like a simple setup but the size and strength of each bar I've looked at is 4130 chromoly and are either 1 1/2" or 1 1/8" and use either polyurethane bushings or spherical bearings. I'm continuing my research but wanted others thoughts as well.

#18 ·
DDTCM said:
You want the adjustable if the vehicle is lowered so you can center the rear end again.Lowering it will throw the rear off a tad and this is the reason you need a adjustable panhard on a lowered car.
I plan to do the eibach drop later in the future... So the non-adjustable is no good for a drop?? I don't want to have to worry about adjusting. I only want to drop it to eliminate that ugly gap in the back and maintain a smooth ride

#20 ·
You are gonna have to adjust it if you lower the car. When you lower the car it will shift the rear end causing one wheel to stick out just a tad futher than the other. It is hardly noticeable unless you point it out or someone that knows what happens to the rear on these cars when lowered sees it. You can lower the car and keep the stock one,its all up to you.

#19 ·
gtstyles2 said:
I plan to do the eibach drop later in the future... So the non-adjustable is no good for a drop?? I don't want to have to worry about adjusting. I only want to drop it to eliminate that ugly gap in the back and maintain a smooth ride
It looks like the adjusting will be simple. About 30 to 60 minutes. Take longer to setup a level area and setup drops then to actually replace the bar. You'll be okay without the adjustable but the driver's side tire will be slightly out compared to the passenger side. I do mean slight as in maybe a few mm off. You really have to take a good look to notice. My alignment is good and the car runs smooth so I'd take it would be fine without the new bar. But I'm a perfectionist so that slight offset will drive me nuts till I fix it.

#21 ·
That would drive me crazy knowing the wheel would stick out slightly but I just dont want to sporadically make adjustments... I'm no good with suspension mods I'm a dummy with that stuff... My last car had tokico illuminas and I never touched them, I just left them at the luxury setting.... I'm really big on a smooth ride... So I'm wondering if the non-adjustable panhard would fix that rear problem

#22 ·
The panhard is not gonna make the ride any smoother. Its stronger and adjustable so you can do exactly what we have been talking about. If you are worried about being smooth....buy a Cadillac.Just kidding,but seriously if you want a smoother ride after lowering it you are gonna have to throw on some new shocks or go full suspension.

#23 ·
gtstyles2 said:
That would drive me crazy knowing the wheel would stick out slightly but I just dont want to sporadically make adjustments... I'm no good with suspension mods I'm a dummy with that stuff... My last car had tokico illuminas and I never touched them, I just left them at the luxury setting.... I'm really big on a smooth ride... So I'm wondering if the non-adjustable panhard would fix that rear problem
If you can remove 5 bolts, remove and replace bar and stabilizer and bolt back in you shouldn't have any problems. The key I was told was to first tape a drop on each wheel fender and take a measurement from the drop to the wheel. The difference between the right and left wheels is how much you'll shorten the bar. It will get you in the ballpark but your final adjustment is on the car. My challenge will be finding a level surface.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.