Boss 302 Intake Manifold - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Higher rpms*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Re: Boss 302 Intake Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
How would you know? You don't have **** but articles like everyone to go buy. Do you even have a dyno for your car? Or track numbers? If not shut up. cause you always have something to say about some ones car but have shown **** with your own car.

You will need a tune with the boss. I have it. With out tune your a/f will be off some, and the car will not rev to it's full potential.

I just retuned and dyno my car today. 464whp/389wtq. This was with 4.10 gears and 295/55/15s which will hurt your numbers some.

With the gears and traction you will never notice the slight tq loss.

Also with out some gear you will not want the boss. You will not stay in the power band.

Between lts and boss I gained 50whp and and didn't lose no wtq with both. My car makes big gains from 6800 rpms where stock intake fell off. All way to 7700 rpms where I red line now and shift.

How will the a/f be off some? Explain please.

I know because I have a boss intake. I took it off because it sucks nuts for a street car. You aren't gaining hardly any horsepower. It's simply a right shift on a graph, which shifts your powerband into useless RPMs for daily driving. Sure you gained 50 hp from your mods, but not 50 peak hp from a boss intake.

It's not the torque loss that kills driveablility, its the shift in useable power.

I have a lot more than articles to go by my friend. If you really want to see my car feel free to search my username. You will find plenty of pics. I have more hp at 5k rpm than you peak at.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
My a/f was off. I know my car has been on the dyno a 100 times making sure **** was right.

I drive my car every day. It's not use less. Or is the power. The car revs faster and makes more power. Even with the procharger it shows gains. But I guess the 10-15 guys matching it up with procharges/vortech/paxtons are lying.

I star making over 400whp hp at 5000rpms. Which even on the street is easy to be at. And my car revs to 7700. Shift and I am still above 5000.

With a procharger you should have more power then a n/a car that hasn't did internals. If you didn't then you would have wasted a lot of money. Even then look at track times. The prochargers are not performing as good as the numbers they are making. Yet the pd blowers are running smoking times.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 07:14 AM   #39
Road Trip!

I said I gained 50whp from headers/boss and tune.

Cold air/tune/or x pipe made 413whp/397wtq

Headers/boss/tune/catted x pipe car made 464whp/390wtq.

This was after taking the BBR tune out and having a dyno tune done.

What effects it some is when dyno tuned yesterday it was 104 in the shop. Also on huge DR's. Also with 4.10 gears. All which will lower you numbers.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #40
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Did you have the 4.10s before you put in the boss or change them out after? If so how were the 3.73s with the boss vs the 4.10s with the boss?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Did you have the 4.10s before you put in the boss or change them out after? If so how were the 3.73s with the boss vs the 4.10s with the boss?
I had the 4.10s already. Buddy has 3.73's and his is just fine with them.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #42
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I had the 4.10s already. Buddy has 3.73's and his is just fine with them.
I see,i would still rather have the 4.10s. Ive had them in 2 other Mustangs and Im missing them!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My a/f was off. I know my car has been on the dyno a 100 times making sure **** was right.

I drive my car every day. It's not use less. Or is the power. The car revs faster and makes more power. Even with the procharger it shows gains. But I guess the 10-15 guys matching it up with procharges/vortech/paxtons are lying.
You have $5,000+ in dyno sessions for a bolt on car?

If your afr was off after the boss intake, then it was off before the boss intake. I have a wideband and can watch every change I make. As long as you have enough fuel, and don't alter the maf setup, the commanded afr parameter keeps the car in check.

So wait, you mean to tell me that a centi blower makes more power when you rev it more?
Old 07-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidfast5.0 View Post

If your afr was off after the boss intake, then it was off before the boss intake. I have a wideband and can watch every change I make. As long as you have enough fuel, and don't alter the maf setup, the commanded afr parameter keeps the car in check.

So wait, you mean to tell me that a centi blower makes more power when you rev it more?
I have never paid for none on my dyno runs. Advantages of having a friend that has one in his shop. Same for my ghost cam tune didn't pay crap for it. Oh and I just got it. Which you should know you cant buy it no where now. Advtages of knowing a few people.

All 2011 have factory widebands. All you need is way to read it. Which is why I datalog. With the BBR tune my A/F was 11.9 and then with boss on it it was 11.7. Now I run a totally custome tune from a base by another person that tunes who worked with his tune form Jon Lund and Ken from Diablo. Put on dyno and made it perfect.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:

And I see you still havent said what your car runs. SO I take it you another guy that makes a bunch power and don't run it? We have a 680whp 2010 Camaro SS here that does that also. You guys should hook up and be dyno queens together.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

I have never paid for none on my dyno runs. Advantages of having a friend that has one in his shop. Same for my ghost cam tune didn't pay crap for it. Oh and I just got it. Which you should know you cant buy it no where now. Advtages of knowing a few people.

All 2011 have factory widebands. All you need is way to read it. Which is why I datalog. With the BBR tune my A/F was 11.9 and then with boss on it it was 11.7. Now I run a totally custome tune from a base by another person that tunes who worked with his tune form Jon Lund and Ken from Diablo. Put on dyno and made it perfect.
False. Ghost cam tune was re released a few weeks ago. I have it on my car.
35anngt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:12 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

The boss intake is such a heated topic of discussion in every mustang forum.. I really wish someone with the capability would test a bone stock gt then test the same car same day same dyno WITH the boss intake.. Nothing else.. And then test it WITH the boss intake AND a tune.. Nothing else.. To finally put all of this to rest.. Plus I just wanna know if it's worth it on my car! Lol
Old 07-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Then I guess also a test including boss intake tune and CAI should be done..
Old 07-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35anngt

False. Ghost cam tune was re released a few weeks ago. I have it on my car.
By who. Cause no one is suppose to be selling it.

I have a ghost tune in my sct but it was a gift from a friend who tunes.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

By who. Cause no one is suppose to be selling it.
By lethal lmao, I have it on my car as we speak. Go to lethal and in the tune section the ghost cam option is available as a drop down box. Check it out for yourself
Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Quote:
And I see you still havent said what your car runs. SO I take it you another guy that makes a bunch power and don't run it? We have a 680whp 2010 Camaro SS here that does that also. You guys should hook up and be dyno queens together.
You sound totally cool

My poor little dyno queen is still much faster than your super tooned rough idling race car....even with a busted rear
Old 07-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:
You sound totally cool

My poor little dyno queen is still much faster than your super tooned rough idling race car....even with a busted rear
YOu have yet to prove that.

And when we both get back I am sure we can line them up. I promise you I will win while you waiting on t hat procharger to build its boost.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
YOu have yet to prove that.

And when we both get back I am sure we can line them up. I promise you I will win while you waiting on t hat procharger to build its boost.
A centrifugal blower builds boost with rpm, it's not a turbo...it leaves at 7 psi
Old 07-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #54
Road Trip!

Quote:
A centrifugal blower builds boost with rpm, it's not a turbo...it leaves at 7 psi
It build boost as you raise rpms yes. It dont have the instant boost as a KB/Whipple/Roush. Which seems to be spanking the procharged 5.0s all over the tracks.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It build boost as you raise rpms yes. It dont have the instant boost as a KB/Whipple/Roush. Which seems to be spanking the procharged 5.0s all over the tracks.
How does it not have instant boost? It sits on the 2 step at 7 psi. Is that not
boost?

I highlighted the incorrectness in your statement. Find the fastest whipple coyote and I will show you a faster procharged one.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #56
Road Trip!

What you going to post evo's car with a built motor and all?

Look around. Pd cars are going 10s with nothing more. Some have hit low 10s. Haven't seen no procharger cars do it yet. Also more pd cars are in the 9s as well.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #57
Road Trip!

Also you are not going to be using a 2 step driving down the street. And 7psi will not get it done. I hope you plan to up that.

And yet again you fail to mention what you ran in your car.

So again until you provide real proof what you ran everyone who has ran their car is faster. Less you just bench race.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What you going to post evo's car with a built motor and all?

Look around. Pd cars are going 10s with nothing more. Some have hit low 10s. Haven't seen no procharger cars do it yet. Also more pd cars are in the 9s as well.
Quote:
Also you are not going to be using a 2 step driving down the street. And 7psi will not get it done. I hope you plan to up that.

And yet again you fail to mention what you ran in your car.

So again until you provide real proof what you ran everyone who has ran their car is faster. Less you just bench race.
Why would I need a 2 step driving down the road?

I'm having a hard time understanding redneck, but I think you are calling my dyno queen out. Why don't you come to hub city dragway August 13th with $500 in your pocket?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

any of you 5.0 guys want a ghost cam tune ,call Johnny Lightning performance ( my buddys shop ) he has it too ..................
Old 07-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

currently its not supposed to be legal to buy the ghost cam tune~ ford asked that everyone stop selling it~ not sure of the details though.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #61
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidfast5.0

Why would I need a 2 step driving down the road?

I'm having a hard time understanding redneck, but I think you are calling my dyno queen out. Why don't you come to hub city dragway August 13th with $500 in your pocket?
Well being I am sitting in DFW airport to go back to Iraq for 6 more months. I think it be hard. But I be happy to race you when get back.

My car goes in next month for a sc and some other stuff.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #62
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Well being I am sitting in DFW airport to go back to Iraq for 6 more months. I think it be hard. But I be happy to race you when get back.

I would like to be present for this if it goes down somewhere close to Austin.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Weird, I thought crawfish season was almost over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I'm in Austin right now.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
currently its not supposed to be legal to buy the ghost cam tune~ ford asked that everyone stop selling it~ not sure of the details though.
Spec thats because it was Ford's tune .......
JLP Has cracked the ecm and has his own tune now ,so Ford can't stop him from selling it ..............
he has it on his Boss its sounds ok ,I'm not crazy about it ,it still doesn't sound like an old 5.0 Cam ..........of coarse it may have something to do with the quad exhaust the way it sounds .. ??? .
Old 07-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde View Post
Spec thats because it was Ford's tune .......
JLP Has cracked the ecm and has his own tune now ,so Ford can't stop him from selling it ..............
he has it on his Boss its sounds ok ,I'm not crazy about it ,it still doesn't sound like an old 5.0 Cam ..........of coarse it may have something to do with the quad exhaust the way it sounds .. ??? .
Yeah, im sure the quad exhaust setup is why it doesn't sound like a pushrod 5.0
Old 07-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

+++++++1000000
Old 07-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #67
Regular
Supporter

I'm in Austin right now.[/QUOTE]

Where bouts?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Yes! ^

I'm in waco, I sure would like to see all of this talk backed up
Old 07-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Will you Texas boys be attending mustangfest? O.T, I know..
Old 07-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #70
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35anngt View Post
Will you Texas boys be attending mustangfest? O.T, I know..
Refresh my memory again.....where is it being held?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT