Adjustment of panhard bar - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Adjustment of panhard bar

In reading the instructions on install and mods of the BMR panhard bar it says to adjust while the suspension is loaded. Does that mean still on stands with the diff jacked up for a load or does it mean to lower the vehicle down to ground and modify there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Adjustment of panhard bar

I believe you can adjust while on the ground.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I believe you can adjust while on the ground.
Thanks! Another interesting thing to note is the bar has a 90 degree grease on one side versus the standard straight. Will make it easier to grease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Just read this,good advice.....

Just a heads up, every suspension component for the rear, which has a poly bushing on one end...and rod end/spherical on the opposite end....is designed to be installed with the poly bushing on the chassis side of the vehicle. Lower control arms, panhard rod, etc.

As far as the noise from the poly bushings....as mentioned....ensure they are lubed up good! If Poly, ONLY USE SYNTHETIC GREASE, and make sure you apply grease to the ends/sides of the bushings when installing. Most of the time, if grease is put into the bushings through the grease zirk fittings, you still run the chance of having noise come from the ends of the bushings.

When it comes to the installment of an adjustable panhard rod, generally....the adjuster is placed closest to the driver side, as it is easier to access for adjustment.

You DO NOT want to run lithium/petroleum based grease with Poly bushings. It will lead to premature failure/unwanted noises-characteristics overtime.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Just read this,good advice.....

Just a heads up, every suspension component for the rear, which has a poly bushing on one end...and rod end/spherical on the opposite end....is designed to be installed with the poly bushing on the chassis side of the vehicle. Lower control arms, panhard rod, etc.

As far as the noise from the poly bushings....as mentioned....ensure they are lubed up good! If Poly, ONLY USE SYNTHETIC GREASE, and make sure you apply grease to the ends/sides of the bushings when installing. Most of the time, if grease is put into the bushings through the grease zirk fittings, you still run the chance of having noise come from the ends of the bushings.

When it comes to the installment of an adjustable panhard rod, generally....the adjuster is placed closest to the driver side, as it is easier to access for adjustment.

You DO NOT want to run lithium/petroleum based grease with Poly bushings. It will lead to premature failure/unwanted noises-characteristics overtime.
Thanks for the advice. The panhard bar actually has poly on both ends [1]. Got the synthetic grease and greased the bushings prior. I'll try the adjuster to the driver's side and see how it works out. Thanks!

[1] https://securec20.ezhostingserver.co...&productid=172
Old 07-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #6

Region: Florida

jack car up, but put the jack stands under the rear axle housing..

that will do it.

beers
swoope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoope
jack car up, but put the jack stands under the rear axle housing..

that will do it.

beers
Took a bit trial and error but got it centered. However started with one side out a bit and needed to push in further before starting the adjustment. So now both tires are just slightly out. Looks good but will have to change when go to a wider tire and need to tuck them in.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka

Took a bit trial and error but got it centered. However started with one side out a bit and needed to push in further before starting the adjustment. So now both tires are just slightly out. Looks good but will have to change when go to a wider tire and need to tuck them in.
I'm not speaking from personal experience because I'm doing as much research as I can before I change, but whenever I decide to drop I'm afraid that the wheels would looks like theyre less wide because of the drop... I plan to stay with the stock wheels, I have the 19' painted luster wheels. Do u know anything about wheels spacers? I'm thinking that's a good add on, to make the wheels look wider after the drop.
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka

With the adjustable panhard of course... I want everything necessary before I do the drop, because I want to do it right the first time so I wont have to keep reworking the car... I'm a little nutty with that because I hate leaving my car in the shop because I don't trust anyone but myself touching my car, and I'm a total dummy when it comes to suspension :-/
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

I'm not speaking from personal experience because I'm doing as much research as I can before I change, but whenever I decide to drop I'm afraid that the wheels would looks like theyre less wide because of the drop... I plan to stay with the stock wheels, I have the 19' painted luster wheels. Do u know anything about wheels spacers? I'm thinking that's a good add on, to make the wheels look wider after the drop.
If anything they look fatter. There is a guy on here who's running 255 up front with a 1/2" spacer. I'm not running them but may when upgrade to 20" wheels.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT