Sport Mode - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Sport Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247 View Post
This is how it works in my 2012 GT:

If you press the button once, it will say advancetrac off. If you hold the brake, and then press the button twice, it should say sport mode. If you hold the brake and hold the button down for a few seconds (5-6 sec), it will turn everything off (advancetrac and ESC). For each case, the light indicating traction control off should illuminate in your dash. Don't take your foot off the brake until after you've completed whichever sequence.

Hope this helps you.
"Skyline" There is nothing saying "Advancetrac". All I have is a "OFF" light on the TCS button that's either lit or not lit when you hit the TCS button. nothing else. And nothing lights up in my dash.
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

What part of Ohio are you in?? I went to College up there years ago, in Wilberforce, OH. my relatives live in Dayton.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
"Skyline" There is nothing saying "Advancetrac". All I have is a "OFF" light on the TCS button that's either lit or not lit when you hit the TCS button. nothing else. And nothing lights up in my dash.
Hmm...maybe they changed it for the newer models. Check your owner's manual, it should have all the information regarding the TCS button for your car.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What part of Ohio are you in?? I went to College up there years ago, in Wilberforce, OH. my relatives live in Dayton.
I'm in Cincinnati. I don't know where Wilberforce is, but Dayton is a short drive from me.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
Old 07-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm in Cincinnati. I don't know where Wilberforce is, but Dayton is a short drive from me.
Wilberforce is next to Dayton, 20 minutes away by the Highway. I use to drive thru Cincinnati on my way to and from there on the Highway. And oh yeah, the owners manual, did not have one in my car when I bought it. Bought it used, in 2010. So any Info. help, you can throw my way, thanks.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wilberforce is next to Dayton, 20 minutes away by the Highway. I use to drive thru Cincinnati on my way to and from there on the Highway. And oh yeah, the owners manual, did not have one in my car when I bought it. Bought it used, in 2010. So any Info. help, you can throw my way, thanks.
Cool. I know my owner's manual is available online, I'll try to find it for your year.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool. I know my owner's manual is available online, I'll try to find it for your year.
OK, thanks.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Go to: http://owner.ford.com

Under vehicle basics, go to owner guide and put in your year. The link for owner's guide 1st printing is your owner's manual. I would keep a copy of this in case you have general questions about the car.

Anyway, I looked through it and it seems that the TCS was only an on/off button for your car (no sport mode).

Old 07-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Go to: Official Ford, Lincoln & Mercury Owner Site | Personalized Owner Information

Under vehicle basics, go to owner guide and put in your year. The link for owner's guide 1st printing is your owner's manual. I would keep a copy of this in case you have general questions about the car.

Anyway, I looked through it and it seems that the TCS was only an on/off button for your car (no sport mode).
Thanks "skyline247". I'm gonna check that manual out throughout all the way.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Just downloaded a copy of it here and sent a copy home. Thanks again.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just downloaded a copy of it here and sent a copy home. Thanks again.
No problem. Glad I could help.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
To me it sounds like a feature on an automatic... I have a manual, do manuals have that??
Actually, this system has nothing to do with the transmission. Advancetrak is the name given to the ESC (electronic stability control) and TCS (traction control system) feature of the car. Both of these systems utilize the ABS system and I believe also have the ability to cut fuel if necessary.

There are four modes that a 2010+ Mustang's Advancetrak system can be in

Advancetrak On: Both systems are enabled. This is the default setting every time your start your car. This mode can be returned to at any time by pressing the Advancetrak button one time.

Advancetrak Off: Both systems are disabled. To engage this mode the car must be at a complete stop with the throttle completely disengaged. The brake pedal must then be depressed and the Advancetrak button held in for five seconds. The car must remain at a stop and with the throttle disengaged for this entire process.

Traction Control Off: TCS disabled, ESC enabled. The Advancetrak system will not prevent the wheels from spinning, but will attempt to prevent lateral movement. This mode can be enabled by pressing the Advancetrak button once at any time the car is in the "Advancetrak On" mode.

Sport Mode: This setting lowers the thresholds of both the TCS and ESC systems. Rumor has it that this is only available on GT Premium Mustangs, however many base model GT owners have reported having this functionality. This mode can be enabled by depressing the brake pedal and pressing the Advancetrak button twice consecutively. This can be done while the car is in motion.

Hope this helps clear things up for those who were confused.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Traction Control will only slow you down

02 GT : LT headers, H pipe, Cat back, 80mm TB, Intake, Strut tower bar, lightweight pullies All BBK, drilled and slotted rotors, Clear headlights, Eibach Pro Kit, Hid kit for both head and fog, chin spoiler,18' chrome 2010 GT wheels with nitto tires
GTtopgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsearcy
How many people here, that did not know about this little tid-bit, went running for their car after reading this?

I won't lie. I did.
Also if you press and hold the button for 5 seconds it turns the traction control completely off.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT