My 5.0 scares me.... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Re: My 5.0 scares me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit View Post
Ken, with the `08, I bought tires, wheels(not 'rims' ), axleback exhaust, short throw shifter, MAF, CAI. If you read what I said above ^ the 5.0 is alot more Mustang, than the 'old' 4.6L, that I had. I have just decided to be alot more frugal with this car-because, I can-and because it's already a bada$$. I think you need a new 5.0 -since you seem to want to 'mod' the car. That's cool. Keep the forum, informed with your progress!!

Jim i thought i needed a 5.0 too, but i ddidnt know how many internals are been upgraded for the boss, including suspension, tuning, intake....i gota go towards the boss brotha! lol ill just keep it like that, and get new WHEELS and maybe a new hood, keep all the rest stock.
hmm are the seats comfy..theres another thought, i know it sounds silly but i realy like the new mustang seats, my fat *** fits so nice in them lol
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Ken, what color??

2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ken, what color??

i wanted black but thats only if you get the leguna seca which i do not want.
so i think its between race red and competion orange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

Jim i thought i needed a 5.0 too, but i ddidnt know how many internals are been upgraded for the boss, including suspension, tuning, intake....i gota go towards the boss brotha! lol ill just keep it like that, and get new WHEELS and maybe a new hood, keep all the rest stock.
hmm are the seats comfy..theres another thought, i know it sounds silly but i realy like the new mustang seats, my fat *** fits so nice in them lol
That's a good decision if you can afford both... When I bought my 08 v6 I could have swing the GT and although I loved the car I hate myself for 2 years for not getting the GT lol... You might be I that boat if you settle...
Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

i wanted black but thats only if you get the leguna seca which i do not want.
so i think its between race red and competion orange.
Comp orange... It's so awesome and pretty uncommon.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
Ken, I have seriously pondered, 'upgrading', to a Boss, myself. I do not think I need my monthly payment to be any higher than it already is, though. I was able to gat a very good buy, on the `11, and stayed away from the California Special, and Brembo Package, just to be 'frugal'.. 41,000.+ dollars is alot of monthly payment. I would probably get the Competition Orange, Kona Blue, Performance White-in this 'order'..

2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
Old 08-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit

Ken, I have seriously pondered, 'upgrading', to a Boss, myself. I do not think I need my monthly payment to be any higher than it already is, though. I was able to gat a very good buy, on the `11, and stayed away from the California Special, and Brembo Package, just to be 'frugal'.. 41,000.+ dollars is alot of monthly payment. I would probably get the Competition Orange, Kona Blue, Performance White-in this 'order'..

So sadly I'm on talks right now on a boss but I don't think I can afford it. It's 46k before taxs. I'm gonna keep negotiating but I might but get a 5.0. But I need the brembo lol
Let's c where this goes.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
So sadly I'm on talks right now on a boss but I don't think I can afford it. It's 46k before taxs. I'm gonna keep negotiating but I might but get a 5.0. But I need the brembo lol
Let's c where this goes.
Wow, that's some steep markup!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
There are some places that push their prices up even further because of how rate a car is like the boss

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah sucks! Way too high!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:38 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

Boss has cloth seats.. Or the one I sat in did...

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Comp orange... It's so awesome and pretty uncommon.
+1 my 04 GT was competition orange..
Old 08-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the boss is meant for sport do about 2000 in mods to a premium gt and wallah u h ave a boss with upgraded interior

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
Old 08-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Yeah the boss is meant for sport do about 2000 in mods to a premium gt and wallah u h ave a boss with upgraded interior
How do you figure? Let me know where you can get forged pistons, forged rods, cams, stiffer valve springs, heads, intake manifold, exhaust and a tune for $2000. this isn't even touching on the fact that wheels and tires alone would set you back $1500, unless you're planning on those stock 235/50/R18 mud+snow tires handling all that power...
Old 08-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

The 2 grand was a typo u can throw the parts in for 5 grand urself and the 19 inch rims u get with the premium gt/Brembo brake package has enough rubber to handle the power

Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The 2 grand was a typo u can throw the parts in for 5 grand urself and the 19 inch rims u get with the premium gt/Brembo brake package has enough rubber to handle the power
And the Brembo package is something to the tune of $1500, we're up to $6500 over the cost of a GT Premium, pretty much a wash and that's assuming you get it all installed for free or your time has no value. I'm not saying it's a bad way to do it, but it's not cheaper by most any calculation. Most people can't replace pistons/rods/cams/valve springs on their own and will have to pay for some serious labor to get this done.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

True the problem is finding a boss at Msrp dealers are not rolling like that and that reminds me of the early 2000s when the gt40 came out and every dealer essentially doubled the price if they got their hands on it Shelby's even have a good size mark up at a dealership that doesn't handle them often and the markup tends to be a lot more then 5000 so assuming 10 grand u could mod a gt to be what u want it to be go boss on it if u want and still make up the price difference

Old 08-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

I will give you that. If you can't find a dealership that will sell you the car at or near MSRP (which is possible, people on this forum have done it) then you might be able to save a little bit. If the only thing you want is the BOSS mods though, you're at a huge loss since you have no hope of a warranty. If you want other mods, it's a wash again.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Agreed on the warranty That's the only reason I am doing body mods and suspension only right now

Old 08-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Agreed on the warranty That's the only reason I am doing body mods and suspension only right now
I hear ya! I've done a bit (see my sig) and I feel like I'm walking around on eggshells! All the problems that I've heard about scare the crap out of me, but taking the car back to it's stock configuration would be so depressing.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:33 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah agreed since buying it I have heard about the number 8 cylinder issue and now the possible transmission recall I am just playing things by ear and getting it paid off in the next two years and if things are quiet by that point I will roll out the red carpet for a pro charger exhaust intake etc so until then I am throwing on parts to make it look good

Old 08-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Stop worrying about the dang #8 cylinder, 'issue', already.. Enjoy your cars-everybody, and cross that proverbial 'bridge'-IF, it EVER does even happen...

Old 08-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Stop worrying about the dang #8 cylinder, 'issue', already.. Enjoy your cars-everybody, and cross that proverbial 'bridge'-IF, it EVER does even happen...

I don't worry so much about that (I suspect that issue is exclusively caused by people using low quality gasoline - and AM has my *** covered anyways), but I do worry about the transmission and suspension issues that people have reported. While I am sure that Ford could not prove these issues were because of the light mods that I have done, they could easily void my engine warranty while I have it in and they notice these modifications.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I don't worry so much about that (I suspect that issue is exclusively caused by people using low quality gasoline - and AM has my *** covered anyways), but I do worry about the transmission and suspension issues that people have reported. While I am sure that Ford could not prove these issues were because of the light mods that I have done, they could easily void my engine warranty while I have it in and they notice these modifications.
Do I need to be knockin', on 'wood', here ? Nope. I'm still diggin' my car. The only thing I would really enjoy more-is-if in addition to it's 'fun quotient', it also was able of getting 40 MPG..

Old 08-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

+1

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote:

Do I need to be knockin', on 'wood', here ? Nope. I'm still diggin' my car. The only thing I would really enjoy more-is-if in addition to it's 'fun quotient', it also was able of getting 40 MPG..
I took mine on a road trip and got 28.2. At least that's what my dash said. That's pretty good for a car with over 400 HP.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what my lunchbox-sized Mazda is for
Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
+1

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I took mine on a road trip and got 28.2. At least that's what my dash said. That's pretty good for a car with over 400 HP.
I would be curious to see, after the fill-up, from that trip..your number of miles, on the trip meter, divided by the number of gallons= actual MPG. I believe that my 'info center', is 'off', by about a gallon, per mile. Still, that is pretty impressive-even at 27.2 MPG!

Old 08-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

I would be curious to see, after the fill-up, from that trip..your number of miles, on the trip meter, divided by the number of gallons= actual MPG. I believe that my 'info center', is 'off', by about a gallon, per mile. Still, that is pretty impressive-even at 27.2 MPG!
Ya I never checked it myself, I've had people tell me it's under and some tell me it's over, I just learn to trust my car.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Check out Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG - I use this to track the gas in my Mazda, but it works for any car and is REALLY easy to keep updated. They have a verry lightweight mobile site that makes it fast and easy to upload the data when you fill up.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #99
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
Ya I never checked it myself, I've had people tell me it's under and some tell me it's over, I just learn to trust my car.
I saw a average of around 27 also and at one point it jumped to 32.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster

+1

Same here, I haven't been able to find a stock sub 13 second over 400 lbs car getting 28 mpg...
Old 08-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Jim i kinda feel the same way you do, i know you said this a while ago, but its true its alot of money.
im stll going to get the premium package brembo in the car. lets see how that is and this is all pending that i can sell my car in the next month lol
good luck to me! lol

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
And the Brembo package is something to the tune of $1500, we're up to $6500 over the cost of a GT Premium, pretty much a wash and that's assuming you get it all installed for free or your time has no value. I'm not saying it's a bad way to do it, but it's not cheaper by most any calculation. Most people can't replace pistons/rods/cams/valve springs on their own and will have to pay for some serious labor to get this done.
your very right about this, its makes more sense to go boss but.....some of us just cant put that money upfront, i really wish i could.

ill end up paying more in the long run but atleast i can do it slowly and at my own pace, enjoying each step the car takes. Or thats what i tell myself so i feel better lol hahah
the crapy thing is again your right that all those mods are warrentied in the boss, they wont be when i do them myself.
sucks
what yah gonna do! lol
Old 09-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Link for the TSB on the #8.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

your link didn't post for the tsb #8 issue
Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
your link didn't post for the tsb #8 issue
Sorry, I'm looking for the link for the TSB #8 issue.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Sorry, I'm looking for the link for the TSB #8 issue.
Oh sry for the confusion I don't know if I have seen one yet

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT