Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Jon Lund 93 Octane Aggressive Cam'd Tune

24K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  wnt2gofst 
#1 ·
I just purchased a JLT CAI and X3 SCT tuner. I also have the tune listed above but I'm kind of afraid to load it based on all that I'm hearing about the #8 issue. Any thoughts on this, and has anybody had any issues with a Lund tune? I've heard he does some of the best tunes so ease chime in if you have a Lund tune.

I'm tempted to spend the money on a Bama tune through AM since they are now giving a warranty specifically for that issue.

Any advice would be great! I'm a little scared to load this and mess up my engine!!

#3 ·
I have a 2011 GT w/man trans, and I recently bought a SCT through Lethal Performance with Jon Lund's 93 aggressive cammed tune. If you search this forum, you will find my thread on this subject with input from Jared at Lethal. It was my conversation with him that made me feel good enough to give it a shot.
I haven't got exhaust yet, so the car doesn't sound as good as those on YouTube. Without exhaust, it sounds like it has a miss. Also, with the AC on, the RPM's surge every once in a while to about 1200-1300 RPM. With AC off, it is very steady and will sound great with exhaust. Moreover, I feel like the more exhaust one has, the better the sound will be.
Now for the bad. The tune really drops the RPM's, and when slowing down, you will have to engage your clutch a lot sooner than you are currently use to. I push in at about 1200 RPM because if it drops to 1000, the car surges like crazy. Also, I wasn't prepared for the roughness of the idle, it's just like having cams, and this aspect really surprised me. The car shakes only while idling. Lastly, I was ready to switch back to stock, but have since gotten use to the roughness. The tune is great performance wise, and after you drive it, you will tell it is safe and not hurting the car.
Long story short, I feel Lund's tune is safe, and the car will sound great with exhaust. I just wasn't expecting to have to change my driving habits, but after a few weeks, I am use to it.

#4 ·
I am running the same tune and have been since Mid-July. I haven't had any issues and have had my car to the drag strip a couple of different times. Love the sound of the tune. My biggest complaint, and not really a huge one since I didn't by the car for gas mileage, is that it did cut my mileage down. I am still getting 22 on the highway and 15-16 around town. Way better than the F250 Diesel I had was getting. I say run the tune! I debated for weeks on what to get and finally went with the 93 Octane Aggressive Cammed Tune.

#5 ·
Lund is the best tuner in the world for the mustang. ANd for the 5.0 every tune has came from him or started with him at some point. Other people have been singled out and caught using value files of his to make tunes. Every cammed tune came from him as well. No one else has figured that out. I have a cammed tune that I got from a buddy that tunes. He got his from Lund as well. But they are also friends and he was taught and todl how to do by Lund.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.