Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What a difference a tune makes

19K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  The Darkside 
#1 ·
It's been about three weeks since I installed Lund's 93 aggressive tune, and last night I flashed the car back to stock. Today I am dropping the car off at the dealer for the suspension noise TSB, and even though the service department is okay with a tune, I figured it best to return the car to stock.
Concerning the tune, I am not one of those guys who go around claiming that I got 30+ horsepower from a tune. What I will say is that I noticed a positive change in the car after installation, but didn't realize how dramatic the change until this morning. I forgot about the skip-shift, and have decided that I really hate the feature. Moreover, while getting on the freeway, it felt like I lost all mid-range power. All-in-all, I love and miss my tune...

:D

#2 ·
The good part is that you came out and told people that: you noticed and missed the difference that your "Tune" gave your car. There are many people that Do not know about or believe in the Tuners, good going and good luck.

#3 ·
its not just peak power that they give you, its where and when you gain it in the curve that can really matter

#6 ·
I just bought my 07 gt. 4 weeks ago. Motor looks stock no bolt ons and I am assuming there is no tune either. I've been reading up on diff tuners what do you guys think is the best? I've been leaning to the sct live wire. But haven't made up my mind also a steeda cai is in the works

#11 ·
I got both of those, sorta, Got SCT3 and Steeda "Carbon Fiber" High Flow Intake. Love both, no complaints at all.

#7 ·
yea 05-09 get throttle response simply by modifying the params in the drive by wire, us pre 05 people dont get that kind of treatment lol

#14 ·
I have to say that my 'bone-stock', 5.0 is already amazing:good:. The mid-range power, when I nail the accelerator, is killer!

:D

#17 ·
you get used to it and always want more no matter what its just how it goes lol... once you take a ride in a car much faster than yours you start wanting more and more.

#28 ·
No problem, i would ask the guy if he has done 5.0s before or not. Reason being ive been told by my guy that they are extreamly sensitive ecus and the tuning really requires a certain amount of finess.

Even if they havent done them before im sure they can, its a matter of loading the computer to the ecu and making the property adjustments to give you want you want, but if they have already done some 5.0s then they know the issues that might arrise off the bat, that in turn will save you money because the length of the dyno tune will be shortend.

good luck, let us know how you make out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.