5.0 or Boss 302 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

Please do scan this I'm very interested , thanks

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Hmm mm I do like to be "that guy" lmao

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

U think it would be bad of I just changed the hood and the rims?? I'd match the current stripe on a new hood.
Just buy the boss and supercharged it, I'm sure it can take way more of a beating on those internals. And why mod the exterior again? What else does it really need on it? Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

Just buy the boss and supercharged it, I'm sure it can take way more of a beating on those internals. And why mod the exterior again? What else does it really need on it? Lol
I literally just want diff rims, tires. Maybe a diff hood, but ur right about the internals, which I didn't know before
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Could I coerce you into calling them wheels? Around here, "rims" (pronounced reeeeeems) are shiny things that are generally 24" or bigger with a speck of rubber that is barely useful. Please tell me that is not what you plan on doing to a boss by adding "rims."
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Could I coerce you into calling them wheels? Around here, "rims" (pronounced reeeeeems) are shiny things that are generally 24" or bigger with a speck of rubber that is barely useful. Please tell me that is not what you plan on doing to a boss by adding "rims."
Lmao hahahh really that's what rims means?! And hell no I don't mean that I wouldn't even go past an 18 inch wheel!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #40
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
U think it would be bad of I just changed the hood and the rims?? I'd match the current stripe on a new hood.
Yes...it would be in my mind. lol
Old 08-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

Yes...it would be in my mind. lol
Lmao dam I'm going to be "that guy" lol
Old 08-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #42
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
I have forged internals going in that will handle 1000hp, Boss intake/exhaust valves, sings, LT headers, Gutted catted x pipe, 3" hushpower cat back, full suspension, 3" cowl hood, GT500 wing, Forged wheels, Aluminum Driveshaft, billet flywheel, HD Ram clutch (900hp rating), 4.10 gears, Barton shifter, and tuned on E85. Everything on and tune finsh will make around 530-550whp. Tey my car will be faster and able to handle way more power then the Boss all over form engine to drive train. Oh and I have right at 38K invested. So why by the Boss again?

Throwing a blower on the Boss will take you to almost 50k+ alone specially with mark ups they have still. I can do the same and still be 5-7K cheaper.

If you are going to buy the car and not do crap to it buy the Boss. If you are going to mod it by the 5.0. Remember the Boss is really a base 5.0 inside. So nothing special but some seats that you can get aftermarket. And get them cheaper.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Remember the Boss is really a base 5.0 inside. So nothing special but some seats that you can get aftermarket. And get them cheaper.
A LOT cheaper! Do they even have mounting points for a harness or are they "semi-functional?"
Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
+1 my cousin says rims and I hate it! Lol
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Please do scan this I'm very interested , thanks
Your wish is my command:
Old 08-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Your wish is my command:
brooo your Fu^*en Awesome!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
brooo your Fu^*en Awesome!!!
Thanks! It's curious, none of these parts are listed on the for racing site, but if you search for the part numbers they come up...
Old 08-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

ok guys so you know that its been a battle between boss and gt. the boss is costing me like 700 a month, that 175 more then i can afford so im probebly going to go with a gt premium brembo package.

BUT heres the funny thing, my wife likes the challenger so i took it down to a dodge dealership.
Well and you can read below, the letter i just wrote to the manager of the dealership.

Good afternoon,

I appreciate you taking your time to write to me.

Besides the girl who helped me i must say my experience in your dealership was not a pleasant one.

After speaking with Dan Synder i brought in my car in for a trade in evaluation. From most of the staff that i came in contact with i got a mighter then thou attitude. When they asked me which car I'm looking to get i told them nothing you have here, i was a 392 hemi challenger. Just based on this i got the attitude that I'm a second rate citizen.

more so demeaning my current vehicle is not going to make me want to buy a car from you. I understand that your people pride themselves on being "dodge guys" but doesn't mean that I'm less of a human being for not owning one and being fond of my current vehicle. Also arguing with me about the capabilities of my own car does not make sense, its my car, i drive it daily, i know what it can do. If i am saying it does xyz then it does xyz, theres no reason to have an attitude with me.

All through this process the girl who was helping me was trying to keep everything as professional as possible which i appreciate. The employee's that haggled me were not helping me rather happened to be there. Their attitude just really bothered me, every bone in my body was telling me to just leave, but for the sake of the girl helping me i stayed, i didn't want it to reflect poorly on her.

Please understand that because of this behavior i would not purchase a car from you. Initially i had thought i wanted a 2012 392 hemi Challenger, but after visiting you and then speaking to a lady at sansome ford i would rather work with her. She is kind, courteous and has been working very hard to get me into a car i would like.

please also understand this is not an attack any person or your dealership and I'm not trying to badmouth anyone, i am simply writing this to you because i feel that you should know. I'm sure there are many customers who come in like me and feel the same way. I would rather upper management realize this and make changes then anything else. You represent Mopar, legendary icon, there are many die hard fans out there who still worship the Hemi.

may i just also say that Dan snyder was a absolute pleasure to speak to and work with. it is because of him alone that i made the trip down there.
If only you could have more employees like him.

thank you for taking your time to read this long winded email.
I'm sorry that i felt compelled to write it but i was most perturbed by yesterdays encounter.

have a great weekend;
stay dry and safe

best regards
Ken P. Cheema

What i didnt write is that the bold headed little motha efer who was talking crap about my car was called out by me. hes like ill smoke you with anything on the lot, i told him put your money where your mouth is, lets go, ill dust you home boy. We actually almost went at it, but this dude was talking mad ****!
So after that i was like my v6 will smoke you, got forbid i had a new gt you have no chance in hell! hes like thats not true bla bla, im like yah your right car and driver, all these mags there just full of crap when they say the stang kicks your cars ***!

so now....ill NEVER buy a challenger lol unless there is somone kissing my *** for days lol

just thought id share and id idnt want to start a new thread.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ok guys so you know that its been a battle between boss and gt. the boss is costing me like 700 a month, that 175 more then i can afford so im probebly going to go with a gt premium brembo package.

BUT heres the funny thing, my wife likes the challenger so i took it down to a dodge dealership.
Well and you can read below, the letter i just wrote to the manager of the dealership.

Good afternoon,

I appreciate you taking your time to write to me.

Besides the girl who helped me i must say my experience in your dealership was not a pleasant one.

After speaking with Dan Synder i brought in my car in for a trade in evaluation. From most of the staff that i came in contact with i got a mighter then thou attitude. When they asked me which car I'm looking to get i told them nothing you have here, i was a 392 hemi challenger. Just based on this i got the attitude that I'm a second rate citizen.

more so demeaning my current vehicle is not going to make me want to buy a car from you. I understand that your people pride themselves on being "dodge guys" but doesn't mean that I'm less of a human being for not owning one and being fond of my current vehicle. Also arguing with me about the capabilities of my own car does not make sense, its my car, i drive it daily, i know what it can do. If i am saying it does xyz then it does xyz, theres no reason to have an attitude with me.

All through this process the girl who was helping me was trying to keep everything as professional as possible which i appreciate. The employee's that haggled me were not helping me rather happened to be there. Their attitude just really bothered me, every bone in my body was telling me to just leave, but for the sake of the girl helping me i stayed, i didn't want it to reflect poorly on her.

Please understand that because of this behavior i would not purchase a car from you. Initially i had thought i wanted a 2012 392 hemi Challenger, but after visiting you and then speaking to a lady at sansome ford i would rather work with her. She is kind, courteous and has been working very hard to get me into a car i would like.

please also understand this is not an attack any person or your dealership and I'm not trying to badmouth anyone, i am simply writing this to you because i feel that you should know. I'm sure there are many customers who come in like me and feel the same way. I would rather upper management realize this and make changes then anything else. You represent Mopar, legendary icon, there are many die hard fans out there who still worship the Hemi.

may i just also say that Dan snyder was a absolute pleasure to speak to and work with. it is because of him alone that i made the trip down there.
If only you could have more employees like him.

thank you for taking your time to read this long winded email.
I'm sorry that i felt compelled to write it but i was most perturbed by yesterdays encounter.

have a great weekend;
stay dry and safe

best regards
Ken P. Cheema

What i didnt write is that the bold headed little motha efer who was talking crap about my car was called out by me. hes like ill smoke you with anything on the lot, i told him put your money where your mouth is, lets go, ill dust you home boy. We actually almost went at it, but this dude was talking mad ****!
So after that i was like my v6 will smoke you, got forbid i had a new gt you have no chance in hell! hes like thats not true bla bla, im like yah your right car and driver, all these mags there just full of crap when they say the stang kicks your cars ***!

so now....ill NEVER buy a challenger lol unless there is somone kissing my *** for days lol

just thought id share and id idnt want to start a new thread.
so a worker there called you out and was basically a dodge fan boy? is that a fair summation of what happened lol

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #50
Road Trip!

HAHA..

I actually stopped by a dodge dealer to look at a new 392 as well. Kinda same stuff. My car will run mid 11s right now. Guy ther etold me they are slwo blah blah. I said ya fatser then anything here. He sai dno way the SRT8 392 will kill it. As my car sits. I LOL and told him same stuff. Put money where mouth is. WHat was funny another salesmen came over and said he seen me yank the wheels of the ground at the track and that my car was bad as hell. The guy got pissed an walked off. I wanted teh 392 for my wife. They will not let no one test drive one. That was the biggest deal breaker for me. I am not buying something I can test first.something I can test first.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718

so a worker there called you out and was basically a dodge fan boy? is that a fair summation of what happened lol
I don't know if he really loved dodge but he was giving their cars way too much credit ! Lol in the end he pussed out!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
HAHA..

I actually stopped by a dodge dealer to look at a new 392 as well. Kinda same stuff. My car will run mid 11s right now. Guy ther etold me they are slwo blah blah. I said ya fatser then anything here. He sai dno way the SRT8 392 will kill it. As my car sits. I LOL and told him same stuff. Put money where mouth is. WHat was funny another salesmen came over and said he seen me yank the wheels of the ground at the track and that my car was bad as hell. The guy got pissed an walked off. I wanted teh 392 for my wife. They will not let no one test drive one. That was the biggest deal breaker for me. I am not buying something I can test first.something I can test first.
Wow very similar story! And my wife is the one that wanted the 392 as well. These dudes at dodge are so proud of a old school push rod engine that puts out 470 at the fly. Do they even know y the 392 doesn't put out 500? Cause at a 500 tune the engine just couldn't pass the durability. Test. It would blow before 200k miles. The Stang 5.0 puts out 412 all day everyday and can be kept at high rpms forever! So what are they so proud of??? If anything they should bow their heads to Stang guys and say we know ur cars smoke us but ours r very retro. That's all they go going for them. I don't understand the arrogance?!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #52
Road Trip!

The 392 is the best SRT8 yet. I will say that. There has been a bunch of them run 124.-12.8 over and over. The best to date is 12.3 bone stock. The biggest issue is no one has cracked the rolling codes for the PCM to tune it. Supposedly DOdge is going to offer a 57ohp SC version in a year or two. But I am betting it will cost least 60K.

In comparison the fastest bone stock to the tires 5.0 went 12.2.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:48 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Challengers are ugly
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The 392 is the best SRT8 yet. I will say that. There has been a bunch of them run 124.-12.8 over and over. The best to date is 12.3 bone stock. The biggest issue is no one has cracked the rolling codes for the PCM to tune it. Supposedly DOdge is going to offer a 57ohp SC version in a year or two. But I am betting it will cost least 60K.

In comparison the fastest bone stock to the tires 5.0 went 12.2.
I didn't know u can't tune it?! OMG I don't wAnt a car I can't tune
Old 08-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk 1
Challengers are ugly
I wish that were true, it would make life easier

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2613971155.png
Views:	260
Size:	484.4 KB
ID:	30964
Old 08-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wish that were true, it would make life easier

Attachment 30964
+1...I looked at Challengers and Camaros for a while before I bought my Stang, the Stang turned out to be the very best overall package in the end...but I still think the Challenger is the best looking of the 3
mgioia2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

i dont think i like it better then my stang but i do love the way they look...just way too heavy the handling is garbage
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #58
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Where i am thers almost a 30thousand $ diffrance in price between the 2 cars new i dont know about u but 30gs buys alot of good performance parts and now thurobreed inthusiests will bother u for modding the gt but thell be h*ll to pay with some if u mod the boss!... I say gt i mean just sain makes more sence if ur modding her anyway!

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Also to get in on the dodge diss.... Y the h*ll would u want one of thouse pos over priced paper weights anyway? God some ppls kids!
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
i dont think i like it better then my stang but i do love the way they look...just way too heavy the handling is garbage
Actually the newest one, the 6.4 liter, 392 hemi version handles very well, much better then the first one. Met Somone yesterday with an inaugural edition, says he loves it.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
Where i am thers almost a 30thousand $ diffrance in price between the 2 cars new i dont know about u but 30gs buys alot of good performance parts and now thurobreed inthusiests will bother u for modding the gt but thell be h*ll to pay with some if u mod the boss!... I say gt i mean just sain makes more sence if ur modding her anyway!

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Also to get in on the dodge diss.... Y the h*ll would u want one of thouse pos over priced paper weights anyway? God some ppls kids!
This is so dam true. For the diff in price I'll mod my car and make it even better lol
Old 08-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #60
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Actually the newest one, the 6.4 liter, 392 hemi version handles very well, much better then the first one. Met Somone yesterday with an inaugural edition, says he loves it.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

This is so dam true. For the diff in price I'll mod my car and make it even better lol
Exactly!

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

DODGE: Dont Over Drive Garbage Engine! Nuf said.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have forged internals going in that will handle 1000hp, Boss intake/exhaust valves, sings, LT headers, Gutted catted x pipe, 3" hushpower cat back, full suspension, 3" cowl hood, GT500 wing, Forged wheels, Aluminum Driveshaft, billet flywheel, HD Ram clutch (900hp rating), 4.10 gears, Barton shifter, and tuned on E85. Everything on and tune finsh will make around 530-550whp. Tey my car will be faster and able to handle way more power then the Boss all over form engine to drive train. Oh and I have right at 38K invested. So why by the Boss again?

Throwing a blower on the Boss will take you to almost 50k+ alone specially with mark ups they have still. I can do the same and still be 5-7K cheaper.

If you are going to buy the car and not do crap to it buy the Boss. If you are going to mod it by the 5.0. Remember the Boss is really a base 5.0 inside. So nothing special but some seats that you can get aftermarket. And get them cheaper.
How did all that only cost 8k? (assuming you bought a base model... If not that all cost less and) is that before or after your forged internals go in?

For a lot of people it might not be worth the hassle and voided warranty. Don't get me wrong, I like what you've done with your 5.0 and one day I'll be in a similar boat but just because YOU didn't buy a boss doesn't mean that other people don't have a good reason to buy one

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Quote:

I don't know if he really loved dodge but he was giving their cars way too much credit ! Lol in the end he pussed out!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Wow very similar story! And my wife is the one that wanted the 392 as well. These dudes at dodge are so proud of a old school push rod engine that puts out 470 at the fly. Do they even know y the 392 doesn't put out 500? Cause at a 500 tune the engine just couldn't pass the durability. Test. It would blow before 200k miles. The Stang 5.0 puts out 412 all day everyday and can be kept at high rpms forever! So what are they so proud of??? If anything they should bow their heads to Stang guys and say we know ur cars smoke us but ours r very retro. That's all they go going for them. I don't understand the arrogance?!
Are you sure that's why they're detuned? The 6.4 was available as a crate motor long before it was in the chally and as a crate it's rated at 500. I figured it was a street legal thing that made them push it back to 470...

I toyed with the idea of dropping one in my Dakota after my cylinder #8 blew from a intake/tuner combo (sounds familiar)

But I said **** it and bought a Stang.

NEVER GOING BACK!

Their "big boy" cant even keep up with out "mid range" model, and our 3.7s are walking their 5.7s
Old 08-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
How did all that only cost 8k? (assuming you bought a base model... If not that all cost less and) is that before or after your forged internals go in?

For a lot of people it might not be worth the hassle and voided warranty. Don't get me wrong, I like what you've done with your 5.0 and one day I'll be in a similar boat but just because YOU didn't buy a boss doesn't mean that other people don't have a good reason to buy one
You have to shop around for your parts. Don't just by from the first place you see. Everyone is paying over 750+ for driveshafts a lone. I called shaft masters and got mine for 599 shipped to me. The boss internals called around and tousley ford has the best deal on them. Same with everything else. Bought the clutch and flywheel separate also. Save thing bought from two different places and spent about 350 less then most wanted for the set. Also called and ask if have certain discounts or anything like that. Also places like JPC/Livernois/BBR all want 1300-1800 for ported heads. MMR which has faster cars and better **** then all them are only 750 to port heads. That **** adds up fast.

My engine is out right now getting everything installed. And tuned on E85. Taking time with it. I don't get back to states till Jan. I also went with a small shop I know that puts out great cars. Not some huge shop that over charges and all they car about is another forum post or dollar in there pocket.

Most people just spend money soon they see the part and send to a shop cause they seen some guy say we do great work or seen they post on a forum. When in fact you can get everything done cheaper, better, and with people that don't care about just making a dollar. People that worry about every customer and not just the ones that come in and drop a black check.

The Boss is a great car. But as mention you can build a car for cheaper, faster and stronger.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

I know people that paid 500-650 for a Boss intake. I paid 390 shipped to my house from Tousley. Another reason to shop around.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Are you sure that's why they're detuned? The 6.4 was available as a crate motor long before it was in the chally and as a crate it's rated at 500. I figured it was a street legal thing that made them push it back to 470...

I toyed with the idea of dropping one in my Dakota after my cylinder #8 blew from a intake/tuner combo (sounds familiar)

But I said **** it and bought a Stang.

NEVER GOING BACK!

Their "big boy" cant even keep up with out "mid range" model, and our 3.7s are walking their 5.7s
Yup I'm positive that's y. I read a few articles about it last year

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote:

You have to shop around for your parts. Don't just by from the first place you see. Everyone is paying over 750+ for driveshafts a lone. I called shaft masters and got mine for 599 shipped to me. The boss internals called around and tousley ford has the best deal on them. Same with everything else. Bought the clutch and flywheel separate also. Save thing bought from two different places and spent about 350 less then most wanted for the set. Also called and ask if have certain discounts or anything like that. Also places like JPC/Livernois/BBR all want 1300-1800 for ported heads. MMR which has faster cars and better **** then all them are only 750 to port heads. That **** adds up fast.

My engine is out right now getting everything installed. And tuned on E85. Taking time with it. I don't get back to states till Jan. I also went with a small shop I know that puts out great cars. Not some huge shop that over charges and all they car about is another forum post or dollar in there pocket.

Most people just spend money soon they see the part and send to a shop cause they seen some guy say we do great work or seen they post on a forum. When in fact you can get everything done cheaper, better, and with people that don't care about just making a dollar. People that worry about every customer and not just the ones that come in and drop a black check.

The Boss is a great car. But as mention you can build a car for cheaper, faster and stronger.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

I know people that paid 500-650 for a Boss intake. I paid 390 shipped to my house from Tousley. Another reason to shop around.
Wow
Old 08-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yup I'm positive that's y. I read a few articles about it last year

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Wow
Damn... That's hilarious, I believe it though. Like I said my magnum blew number 8 from an intake/tune... I wonder if that's why dodge won't let you tune the 392

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Quote:

That's awesome, I don't think I'll go that far with mine but it's good to know that it's a possibility to do all that for under 40 with the price of the car.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #65
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

Where do you get 30K price difference?

A fully loaded 5.0 is 37-38k sticker. Can get for 33K.

A loaded SRT8 392 is 44-48K. That is about 10K.

If you pay over what MSRP is that is your fault. That is like the guys paying 60-100K for the Boss or the Boss LS. Just ****ing stupid.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Where do you get 30K price difference?

A fully loaded 5.0 is 37-38k sticker. Can get for 33K.

A loaded SRT8 392 is 44-48K. That is about 10K.

If you pay over what MSRP is that is your fault. That is like the guys paying 60-100K for the Boss or the Boss LS. Just ****ing stupid.
60 for boss! lol i said no to 46k lol hahahhah thats just stupid.

yeah i dont think the price diff is 30k, the new 392s are going for about 50-60 because people are stupid and will pay over sticker since there are a limited release. I know it sounds silly but belive me.....i was VERY much into the car and really considered it making it my next. besided the ridiculous mark up, the fact that it feels like a family sedan (suspension) and the fact that im afraid to mod it kinda turned me off. i think with the feel of that car id get bored lol
not to mention my awesome experience at a dodge dealership which basically has made me never want to buy one lol

mustang is the car of america, and you can see why. its the most affordable muscle car with real grunt and performance. alot of middle american income guys can own one and thats what makes it a car for the people!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #67
Road Trip!

The dealer where I am have a Boss listed for 42k.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The dealer where I am have a Boss listed for 42k.
That's good! Where u at lol
I'll give that place a call!
Old 08-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #69
Road Trip!

Killeen TX..Automax Ford.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Killeen TX..Automax Ford.
Dam that's far lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT