5.0 or Boss 302 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
5.0 or Boss 302

Hello everyone
long time no see, its been kinda nuts.
So im selling my current stang and i want to get a new one.

but i cant decided on a 5.0 or a boss.

5.0
pros
better electronics package
easily modded
can change the entire look of the car and not worry about destroying a image
will throw a whipple on there to make 624 hrs
Cons
I hear alot of scary stories about the trannies
just on this forum i read about cylinder mis fires and engines blowing up?!

Boss
Pros
Set up with amazing suspension
quad exhuast that sounds sick!
boss manifold
havent heard of any inssues with bosses from owners

cons
cant change the body
cant change the rims
if i through a wipple on there i got to get rid of the manifold
it doesnt have the same electronic packages
not as many options in interior

please guys help me decide what to do.
im really not sure! its confusing the heck out of me! Thanks

__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangchassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,592
Boss. yea you can't do as much but it's still bad ***! Lol
__________________
2013 GT Premium: 15% Tint/Roush Axleback/Gloss Black 5.0 Badges/2007 GT Premium (SOLD)
mustangchassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

the boss has a great setup, built motor, etc I would personally go that route if you can find one for sticker (dont pay over sticker of course). The 5.0 is nice ... it all just depends on what you are planning to do to the car.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

BOSS , I've driven one, its UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Sounds like the boss is the way to go.
I might still mod it anyway, diff rims tires. I know I shouldn't but I like things my way
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redmustang2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: California
Posts: 136
Well it looks like I'm gonna say the same thing... Boss all the way
Redmustang2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
the boss has a great setup, built motor, etc I would personally go that route if you can find one for sticker (dont pay over sticker of course). The 5.0 is nice ... it all just depends on what you are planning to do to the car.
U think even if I order 1 they would try to get more then sticker from me?
I plan on rims, tires, supercharger. Maybe maybe diff hood down the line
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
CutterWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 173
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

You can mod the BOSS all you want just keep the stock parts so if you ever want to sell it you can return the car back to stock.
CutterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
I wouldn't botch up a 302, for that u can go to town on a GT and it's cheaper with more options
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutterWolf
You can mod the BOSS all you want just keep the stock parts so if you ever want to sell it you can return the car back to stock.
This is what I was thinking
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
89white GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Iowa
Posts: 181
If it were me I'd go with the GT and turbo it!
89white GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2
I wouldn't botch up a 302, for that u can go to town on a GT and it's cheaper with more options
Theoretically yes, but then I'd need new suspension, new exhaust and that will cost a pretty penny. Rather get it ready to rumble!

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89white GT
If it were me I'd go with the GT and turbo it!
Sorry bro I'm very very anti turbo lol old school mentality lol
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
89white GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Iowa
Posts: 181
That's a bummer. You're missing out.
89white GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

my Buddy's already got the heads off his , he can't leave anything alone
theyre getting CNC ported , and he's putting BIG cams and Long tubes on it ....
He's outta' control , lol
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
jsearcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
my Buddy's already got the heads off his , he can't leave anything alone
theyre getting CNC ported , and he's putting BIG cams and Long tubes on it ....
He's outta' control , lol
Some people's kids, sheesh.

Lol j/k. I'm just jealous
jsearcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Said it before. Depends on what you going to do with teh car. If building it to drag race or auto cross. Stock with a 5.0 base. If buying to leave basically stock buy a Boss. The cost in the long run will be cheaper for the 5.0 form the money you saved from the start.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde View Post
BOSS , I've driven one, its UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!
yup, I just would hate to go down 250hp to have one but other than that tis a superior car and can easily be modified to get up in the power where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
U think even if I order 1 they would try to get more then sticker from me?
I plan on rims, tires, supercharger. Maybe maybe diff hood down the line
depends on the dealer, many get ripped off... I HIGHLY suggest you have a written contract before you order. I know someone that ordered and the dealership screwed them and they ended up having to walk... but thats just how some dealerships operate (the bad ones)
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectorv View Post
yup, i just would hate to go down 250hp to have one but other than that tis a superior car and can easily be modified to get up in the power where it should be.



Depends on the dealer, many get ripped off... I highly suggest you have a written contract before you order. I know someone that ordered and the dealership screwed them and they ended up having to walk... But thats just how some dealerships operate (the bad ones)
spec my boy re tuned his anD it put down 401 at the tires , not to shabby / and when he's done it'll be well over 500
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
jimbullit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 706
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Ken, you have 'been gone awhile'... As everyone has indicated, it depend's on what you are doing with the car-after purchase. The 5.0 can be 'modded to the sky', and probably for less $, than a Boss 302. It would chap me to pay m.s.r.p.-even though I have done just that on SVT vehicles, in the past..
__________________
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit
Ken, you have 'been gone awhile'... As everyone has indicated, it depend's on what you are doing with the car-after purchase. The 5.0 can be 'modded to the sky', and probably for less $, than a Boss 302. It would chap me to pay m.s.r.p.-even though I have done just that on SVT vehicles, in the past..
Hey Jim, yeah been crazy busy with my kid and work. Bro I know u can mod a 5.0 but the first thing I would have to do is cai, exhaust, and suspension. That'll cost me a penny but the if I get a boss it's all there.
How big is the diff in price, from what I saw like 7k?
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
Hey Jim, yeah been crazy busy with my kid and work. Bro I know u can mod a 5.0 but the first thing I would have to do is cai, exhaust, and suspension. That'll cost me a penny but the if I get a boss it's all there.
How big is the diff in price, from what I saw like 7k?
How is the cold air, exhaust already there? The boss don't come with headers, just a different mid pipe that has the extra chambers. That would be why they are putting headers, off road x pipe, and cat backs on them. Also cold airs, tunes, etc etc. I have about 7k less in my car then what a boss cost right now. And I everything to do a forged engine, with bigger cams then the boss, ported heads, full bolt ons, suspension is done besides a few things. Once my car is back together I will shoot for the fastest n/a 5.0 out there.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
How is the cold air, exhaust already there? The boss don't come with headers, just a different mid pipe that has the extra chambers. That would be why they are putting headers, off road x pipe, and cat backs on them. Also cold airs, tunes, etc etc. I have about 7k less in my car then what a boss cost right now. And I everything to do a forged engine, with bigger cams then the boss, ported heads, full bolt ons, suspension is done besides a few things. Once my car is back together I will shoot for the fastest n/a 5.0 out there.
This perspective has been most helpful.
thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit View Post
Ken, you have 'been gone awhile'... As everyone has indicated, it depend's on what you are doing with the car-after purchase. The 5.0 can be 'modded to the sky', and probably for less $, than a Boss 302. It would chap me to pay m.s.r.p.-even though I have done just that on SVT vehicles, in the past..
Yeah im starting to think the same thing, paying that much........
and somone else pointed out, its not as done up as i belive it to be.
its basically a better intake, tune and suspension.

the first thing id do is go get a tune lol

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post

depends on the dealer, many get ripped off... I HIGHLY suggest you have a written contract before you order. I know someone that ordered and the dealership screwed them and they ended up having to walk... but thats just how some dealerships operate (the bad ones)

I guess the descion will ulitmatly be made when i try to order and put it on paper.

at this point my mind is set more towards the 5.0. Somthing dan actually said to me along with many other points made about the 5.0.

and condsidering i know myself and that car is NOT staying stock for more then a month lol i think im better off going that route. to me the best part of my stang is that its mine and you can tell its mine. I love cervinis hoods, cdc chin spoilers, deep dish rims with fat tires, hurst shifters and custom stripes.

lets face it im gonna really change alot of the boss if i get one and that will actually devalue the car.
no?
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 324
I say go all out and get the boss. Who cares what people think If you "devalue" it. It's your car that you spent your money on. Not their car. Don't buy it for the investment, get it cause it's cool. BUT, if you'd ever sell it, keep the stock parts.
DrSalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSalt22 View Post
I say go all out and get the boss. Who cares what people think If you "devalue" it. It's your car that you spent your money on. Not their car. Don't buy it for the investment, get it cause it's cool. BUT, if you'd ever sell it, keep the stock parts.
but dr salt what is so great about the boss? suspension? tune? intake?
what else?

it actualy has less electronic options, no sync tech. and fewer color choices.
So why then?
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Without reading all the replies...if you intend to modify the outer look of the car, then just get a GT with a 5.0 in it. It will be a cheaper initial investment and then you can make it look how you want it to.

If you want the Boss look and have no plans of changing it, then get the Boss. It's a much better car from the start. But it deserves to remain untouched externally.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
but dr salt what is so great about the boss? suspension? tune? intake?
what else?

it actualy has less electronic options, no sync tech. and fewer color choices.
So why then?
In addition to what you listed above (suspension/intake/tuning)
  • Forged Pistons
  • Forged Connecting Rods
  • Stronger Valve Springs
  • Better Cams
  • Upgraded (side-exit) exhaust
  • Exterior Styling and Aero upgrades
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
jimbullit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 706
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Without reading all the replies...if you intend to modify the outer look of the car, then just get a GT with a 5.0 in it. It will be a cheaper initial investment and then you can make it look how you want it to.

If you want the Boss look and have no plans of changing it, then get the Boss. It's a much better car from the start. But it deserves to remain untouched externally.
^ +1, Ken.
__________________
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
In addition to what you listed above (suspension/intake/tuning)
  • Forged Pistons
  • Forged Connecting Rods
  • Stronger Valve Springs
  • Better Cams
  • Upgraded (side-exit) exhaust
  • Exterior Styling and Aero upgrades
hmmmm i do like the forged
But it comes down to ill never leave the exterior alone, i know me.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Without reading all the replies...if you intend to modify the outer look of the car, then just get a GT with a 5.0 in it. It will be a cheaper initial investment and then you can make it look how you want it to.

If you want the Boss look and have no plans of changing it, then get the Boss. It's a much better car from the start. But it deserves to remain untouched externally.
Sound advice and i agree, thats why im leaning towards the 5.0. i know myself, im never gonna leave the exterior alone, i already have my new cs bumper picked out, black grill and rims.

ill save money for the strips soon, which ill probebly get faded, but ill do that after i get a cervinis hood.
Yeah i should stick to the 5.0 lol

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit View Post
^ +1, Ken.
yup agreed
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #29
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Boss no doubt if you really want a power adder throw on a vortech

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Or. TT
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
the only plus about going with the boss is the fact that the tune, suspension, manifold, etc... are all covered under manufactures warrenty
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

There is an ad from Ford Racing in the current issue of 5.0 that lists part numbers for all the internals from the Boss engine. They are not cheap, but they are available. If I think about it, I'll grab it tomorrow and scan it at work so I can upload it here.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

but dr salt what is so great about the boss? suspension? tune? intake?
what else?

it actualy has less electronic options, no sync tech. and fewer color choices.
So why then?
More of a cool thing to own. Like a status. Plus, how many other people have heavily Modded bosses? Probably less then heavily Modded 5.0s... It just adds to the uniqueness you are looking for. If you took it to a show, it wouldn't be just "another Modded mustang", it would be "that guy Modded the *boss*!!!"
DrSalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #33
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSalt22 View Post
More of a cool thing to own. Like a status. Plus, how many other people have heavily Modded bosses? Probably less then heavily Modded 5.0s... It just adds to the uniqueness you are looking for. If you took it to a show, it wouldn't be just "another Modded mustang", it would be "that guy Modded the *boss*!!!"
I agree the status of having a modded boss would be much higher than having a modded GT...however, if the thought is to change the exterior and basically make it no longer a boss on the outside...and then mod it...it really kills the coolness of having the boss as it would no longer be a boss other than by VIN.

Same held true for me with the 03/04 cobras and the mach 1's. When I see someone with a mach 1 who took off the mach rims and put on those cheesy *** bullit rims...I want to smack them in the head.

It just seems smarter to save the money it will cost to get a boss over a GT and put that money towards mods since you want to change the way the car looks anyhow....and remove the main big deal of the intake to replace it with a whipple.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
tigercrazy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 709
Re: 5.0 or Boss 302

if you go to a lot of track days (as in one with turns) then the boss would be for you. to get the boss suspension set up in a 5.0, like you said, would cost a pretty penny. also the boss is lighter on top of all the other engine upgrades. but i would say that if you plan on changing the look, i would stick to a 5.0
__________________

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
There is an ad from Ford Racing in the current issue of 5.0 that lists part numbers for all the internals from the Boss engine. They are not cheap, but they are available. If I think about it, I'll grab it tomorrow and scan it at work so I can upload it here.
Please do scan this I'm very interested , thanks

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSalt22

More of a cool thing to own. Like a status. Plus, how many other people have heavily Modded bosses? Probably less then heavily Modded 5.0s... It just adds to the uniqueness you are looking for. If you took it to a show, it wouldn't be just "another Modded mustang", it would be "that guy Modded the *boss*!!!"
Hmm mm I do like to be "that guy" lmao

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

I agree the status of having a modded boss would be much higher than having a modded GT...however, if the thought is to change the exterior and basically make it no longer a boss on the outside...and then mod it...it really kills the coolness of having the boss as it would no longer be a boss other than by VIN.

Same held true for me with the 03/04 cobras and the mach 1's. When I see someone with a mach 1 who took off the mach rims and put on those cheesy *** bullit rims...I want to smack them in the head.

It just seems smarter to save the money it will cost to get a boss over a GT and put that money towards mods since you want to change the way the car looks anyhow....and remove the main big deal of the intake to replace it with a whipple.
U think it would be bad of I just changed the hood and the rims?? I'd match the current stripe on a new hood.
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boss 302 Intake Manifold BlackStallion50 2011-2014 Mustang GT 77 07-20-2011 08:20 PM
Boss 302 vs GT 5.0 poloka 2011-2014 Mustang GT 188 06-20-2011 05:08 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.