I think its time... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
I think its time...

Well it's Friday night test n tune at the drag strip in rogersville, mo tonight.. I think me a a guy I know from around here are gonna head up there after work today.. I'm pretty excites to see what she's gonna do.. Kinda nervous also.. This is the first manual transmission car I've been to the track in... Really hoping I can hook and don't blow the tires off.. Also will def be the fastest car over taken to the track... Could be interesting!!
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Re: I think its time...

Awesome car!!! Let us know how it goes tonight. I miss going to the drags. They closed our strip down a couple years ago.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: I think its time...

have fun, be safe, and good luck!
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
GOTTA GET NEW TIRES!! Lol
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jamesgt08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,361
What happened to ur tires? Lol
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08
What happened to ur tires? Lol
Just couldn't hook up.. Thinkin bout gettin a set of dr's and two rear wheels for the track.. Possibly the nitto NT05s.. Maybe 555rs.. Dunno what size I wanna go with though.. 17s or 18s... I want at least a 305 I think..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

Just couldn't hook up.. Thinkin bout gettin a set of dr's and two rear wheels for the track.. Possibly the nitto NT05s.. Maybe 555rs.. Dunno what size I wanna go with though.. 17s or 18s... I want at least a 305 I think..
If you don't mind me asking... What did you run?
__________________
2008 4.0 SOLD (I will miss my first stang forever)
2011 5.0 black on black with 3.73 manual and I still get over 26 mpg
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

If you don't mind me asking... What did you run?
13.05 couldn't get any traction.. Couldn't really get in it till 3rd and had to really ease off the line.. 60ft times sucked ***.. Guy I was with had the 3.31 gears and he was able to give it a lil more outta the hole and he ended up gettin 12.9.. Unfortunately I was ahead of him that time too and missed 4th lol.. So prolly woulda been a 12.7 run.. His tires also only had 4500 on them vs my 10k lol.. But we both beat each other several times..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
mgioia2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 104
Re: I think its time...

What kinda mods do you have in it?
mgioia2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

13.05 couldn't get any traction.. Couldn't really get in it till 3rd and had to really ease off the line.. 60ft times sucked ***.. Guy I was with had the 3.31 gears and he was able to give it a lil more outta the hole and he ended up gettin 12.9.. Unfortunately I was ahead of him that time too and missed 4th lol.. So prolly woulda been a 12.7 run.. His tires also only had 4500 on them vs my 10k lol.. But we both beat each other several times..
An estimated 12.7 with traction problems is actually pretty dam good lol... You should be able to get at least a full second of of that
__________________
2008 4.0 SOLD (I will miss my first stang forever)
2011 5.0 black on black with 3.73 manual and I still get over 26 mpg
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgioia2
What kinda mods do you have in it?
Sct sf3 and hushpower axlebacks
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

An estimated 12.7 with traction problems is actually pretty dam good lol... You should be able to get at least a full second of of that
Also w traction control on..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: I think its time...

Yeah, I hear you on needing new tires. These stock Pirelli M+S are just junk! I was tooling around at Somernites and you can just spin them for days off a 3k launch! I've been looking at the same tires, but I can't decided if I want to "settle" for 255s all around and keep the ability to rotate, or get staggered rims and go 295 in the back and 245 up front.

I have the stock 19x8.5 wheels now and think I would go 18x9 up front and 18x10 in the rear (more tire choices in 18" than 19").

Also, did you try running with traction control off? I know you're having traction issues, but spinning a bit might be better than brakes and cutting fuel!
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Yeah, I hear you on needing new tires. These stock Pirelli M+S are just junk! I was tooling around at Somernites and you can just spin them for days off a 3k launch! I've been looking at the same tires, but I can't decided if I want to "settle" for 255s all around and keep the ability to rotate, or get staggered rims and go 295 in the back and 245 up front.

I have the stock 19x8.5 wheels now and think I would go 18x9 up front and 18x10 in the rear (more tire choices in 18" than 19").

Also, did you try running with traction control off? I know you're having traction issues, but spinning a bit might be better than brakes and cutting fuel!
Lol I did try that and it was bad! Lol ran in the 14s. I had a 3+ second 60ft with it off on my first run lol..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercharger time!! Hawk General Car Discussion 3 08-14-2011 09:18 PM
Been Working on him for quite some time emeres13 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 23 08-08-2011 08:07 AM
Time for a tune, advice time. drivinglesson 2011-2014 Mustang GT 30 07-26-2011 07:54 PM
Tune up time jonmontgomery ME Site Help & Announcements 1 07-12-2011 09:05 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:43 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.